PDA

View Full Version : Grey Sylvaneth?

Kurgan Ironbeard
11-07-2016, 16:52
I got my first Sylvaneth the other day, the Branchwych and was considering doing it like the traditional scheme using the videos GW provided on youtube, but I suddenly had a though, what about if I did them like winter trees like ash during the winter, and have snow on the bases. I'm not sure if it's a good idea though since the whole idea of them is they are alive and winter means they are kind of dying.

malisteen
11-07-2016, 16:55
Sounds cool to me.

Rogue Star
11-07-2016, 17:09
Entirely workable. Infact there is a clan that already is that, "Winterleaf".

Grizzlybeer
11-07-2016, 17:13
Thats what i really like about the sylvaneth - makibg themed armies based on locations or seasons is awesome! You can go a step further and do something like a charred forest in the realm of fireb for instance

Kurgan Ironbeard
11-07-2016, 17:40
What colour do you think I should do the leaves? Kind of a faded orange or blue? I think orange is more natural for coming out of the autumn period, but blue may make it seem more winter like.

silverstu
11-07-2016, 20:37
I'm doing mine in grey-browns with Skavenblight dinge, Stormvermin fur and moonstone- and it works brilliantly[these tones are a little warmer than the straight greys- add in the odd light layer of olive green or browns for a more varied organs effect]. I don't like the vivid palettes of some of the official models. With regards to leaves - I went red as a strong, warm and bright contrast colour [thinking late Autumn with the first falls of snow]. Blue would work and make them very cold looking [I didn't go blue as I have a blue VC force and fancied a change]- do a quick test on a couple of models and see which you prefer. The snow bases are great as they contrast the darker grey scheme- mine are little dark without the snow.

ewar
11-07-2016, 22:07
I did exactly that, can see it in my plog in my signature.

Kurgan Ironbeard
11-07-2016, 23:16
When you do the base do you do it brown? I've done mine grey with mountain mourn snow on it.

ArtificerArmour
14-07-2016, 07:37
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnL-qBnXgAQgcAz?format=jpg&name=large

I went for a grey cherry blossom look

Rogue Star
14-07-2016, 12:24
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnL-qBnXgAQgcAz?format=jpg&name=large

I went for a grey cherry blossom look

Nice! Can I ask how you achieved that? I'm going for closer to the standard but my inner experimental painter wants to know the formula... "just in case" :p

Kurgan Ironbeard
14-07-2016, 12:39
This is how my first model has turned out

Rogue Star
14-07-2016, 14:04
This is how my first model has turned out

Looking good Kurgan! Definitely get a winter-y impression from the Branchwych!