PDA

View Full Version : Potential next plastic primarch?

cyphertheory
01-12-2016, 22:28
I have heard that it could be Guilliman returned in some form of dreadnought like suit/armour

Ssilmath
01-12-2016, 22:32
Such a thing wouldn't surprise me, but as far as I'm aware that rumor started on 4chan. Neither Atia nor Sad Panda have said much about the next Primarch, so I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Personally, the idea seems less ridiculous to me than I've seen others state. While having a hero and general like Guilliman back would be beneficial to the survival of the Imperium, having him locked up into machinery just to move about while Magnus struts around kind of drives home how desperate the Imperium is. If the rumor is true, then it'd really come down to the sculpt for me.

cyphertheory
01-12-2016, 22:38
It came to me via a retailer who has some associates in the main office, but I would make no claims to certainty!

other things discussed were End Times like book series for the close of 7th coming in the end of winter beginning of spring time period post an age of sigmar release.

Ssilmath
01-12-2016, 22:42
Interesting to see it come from another source then. That does lend some weight to the rumor indeed. I figure we should know one way or the other soon enough, either through a leak or GW themselves teasing us.

Lord Malorne
01-12-2016, 22:54
I don't think i'd like a primarch on 'life support' with the exception of Rogal Dorn (with some ret-conning) as the missing/slumbering ones are 'whole' as is.

Ssilmath
01-12-2016, 23:41
I don't think i'd like a primarch on 'life support' with the exception of Rogal Dorn (with some ret-conning) as the missing/slumbering ones are 'whole' as is.

Perhaps they look at Guilliman only partially healed in stasis, and decide that it's better to try to pull him out and use the Dreadnought life support system to keep him alive than to let a daemon Primarch waltz in and destroy him. It's kind of a personal taste thing, but I can see how it could be explained.

Voss
02-12-2016, 00:31
I suspect the Lion is most likely given... well, all the shenanigans at Warzone: Fenris.

But personally, this is a genie I wish they hadn't uncorked.

That said I heard some crazy, crazy theories, and the gulliman-dread is only in second place (original telling came with a rezzed Manus of all people, despite being canonically beheaded and dismembered), which makes the Gulliman rumour that much less likely since they came from the same person.

Rhaivaen
02-12-2016, 02:55
Guilliman in a wheelchair is not a prospect I will enjoy, I cant stand that mary-sue-posterboy, A returned Vulkan would be more believable, seeing as he is a perpetual.
Dunno about Manus.

Lord Malorne
02-12-2016, 08:06
Reading the original Index Astartes background summaries GW did, changed my opinion on Guilliman, so would not mind that much, his viewpoint now would be intriguing to see, I liked vulkan, but after the (imo) retconning of the horus heresy and the introduction of the whole 'perpetual' thing I really did not like it, it was like trying to make Fetch happen, just didn't do it for me.

Sureshot05
02-12-2016, 13:45
I can see the Lion returning easily given Warzone Fenris.

A Dreadnought Gulliman? It would provide him with a way of aesthetically reaching the same scale as the new Magnus model, something I am sure GW wants to give the loyalists. On the otherhand, it would require fundamentally new tech. Unless they combine the dreadknight and the dreadnought to make the Dreadman? :p

williamsond
06-12-2016, 08:35
I have heard that it could be Guilliman returned in some form of dreadnought like suit/armour

I heard from a guy who goes out on the booze with some of the GW design team on occasion, that Guilliman will be the next plastic primarch release. I didn't ask details about the model but I'm convinced this is good info as I was was told this well before magnus was released and that turned out to be right. At the time he said the big smurf was coming next after magnus. He also said that adepticus mechanicus was due early 2017 along with a few other bits and bobs, but that's off topic.

darkmarauder
06-12-2016, 10:25
I suspect the Lion is most likely given... well, all the shenanigans at Warzone: Fenris.

But personally, this is a genie I wish they hadn't uncorked.

That said I heard some crazy, crazy theories, and the gulliman-dread is only in second place (original telling came with a rezzed Manus of all people, despite being canonically beheaded and dismembered), which makes the Gulliman rumour that much less likely since they came from the same person.

Yeah I believe I read this somewhere too. Also heard that Rogan Dorn is a contender at some point (dread encased). I'd imagine GW will alternate releases between traitor and loyalist.

I'm very interested to see what the release schedule will be like, considering that there are rumours of 40k 8th edition in June/July. If those ring true, that doesn't leave much time to release the remaining Primarchs/Daemon Princes.

Inquisitor Engel
06-12-2016, 17:49
Current events clearly point to the Lion returning.

Dorn can return whole, with just a nice big metal fist, since in the current canon, only his fist was ever found, not the whole body.

logan054
06-12-2016, 18:51
I'm guessing we will see angron appear before long, followed by Sanguinius reborn, my guess would be someone like Mephiston transforms into him, thus healing the Blood Angels of the Black Rage. If 40k goes all AoS then you can expect the emperor to magically reappear and save the day (If Sigmar came back, I think it's a given), creating some kind of magical universe that allows for endless battles using a single A4 of rules.

Comrade Penguin
06-12-2016, 19:02
Isn't Mortarion mentioned to have played some role in the Wraith of Magnus? Couple this with the rumors of a 2017 Nurgle release similar to WoM and I would put my money behind Mortarion.

darkmarauder
07-12-2016, 08:10
Isn't Mortarion mentioned to have played some role in the Wraith of Magnus? Couple this with the rumors of a 2017 Nurgle release similar to WoM and I would put my money behind Mortarion.

I really hope so! This (https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-4YErgOr19Ns/WDHkuQlfP9I/AAAAAAABJm4/E9dJE7iS1KQrzU8CQSvrIgbeIb_oIWxlgCLcB/s1600/image1.JPG) appeared in the Christmas gift guide, so you never know.

toonboy78
07-12-2016, 16:49
the Chaos Daemon primarch coming to 40k was a sensible next step.

the plastic manufacturing has allowed the great Magnus model. Her feels about on par scale size as he did in EPIC (the size of a knight).

and as in EPIC i expect to see the other 3 and respective greater daemons. that is 2-3 years worth of chaos stuff for them to sort out before the other 2 Daemon Primarchs are thought about.

however what to do about loyal primarchs? would they be the size of Magnus? hard to justify as they have not become daemons so they would just be a big marine.

would this detract from the "endless" possibilities of custom chapters. i have a hard enough time justifying fitting Shrike or Calgar in to my custom chapter, not sure how i could get Corax in it.

is there a need for loyalist ones?

Comrade Penguin
07-12-2016, 21:58
I just hope that the loyalist primarchs are less powerful than the demon ones. There should be some kind of benefit to being elevated to demon prince status, so it would stand to reason that a demon primarch is normal primarch +1.

I can see loyalist primarchs being powerful but also providing a bunch of command benefits to your army, while the demon primarchs are about pure destructive power.

Astraeos
07-12-2016, 23:49
Wasn't Dorn just wandering around the Imperial Palace hiding in a Centurion suit?

The Black Shield
08-12-2016, 03:33
2 demon Primarchs? I thought there were at least 6 demon Primarchs Angron, Magnus, Fulgrim, Mortarian, Lorgar, and Perturabo.
Why couldn't Goilliman return whole? Wasn't there an Iron Hand's captain that was in stasis who was very near mortally wounded on Istvan and was put in stasis and his wounds were healed in stasis, so why could't a Primarchs?

darkmarauder
12-12-2016, 13:38
A little bit of news/rumour content circulating around BOLS and Faeit212 today (here (http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/12/40k-rumors-next-plastic-primarch.html) and here (http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/the-hunt-is-on-next-loyalist-primarch.html)). Looks like they're pointing towards the Lion's arrival.

BlackJuju
15-12-2016, 07:58
And I was hoping some time GW will look at White Scars and Imperial Fists with some love...

DreadedNaysayer
15-12-2016, 14:05
A couple of loyalist primarchs returning would make sense I think, and I don't think it's going too far. And the six daemon primarchs should've returned ages ago, they don't exactly die or disappear.

Kinda bummed that ol'Johnson is confirmed as coming before Rob in a robosuit. Never been particularly fond of the ultramarines, but the model would look terrific, if the past two years of releases is any indication (actually GW has always produced stellar models, it's only that half of them were crap)

As for the imperium not having anything unique to put him in besides dreads and knights, well that's ridiculous. The mechanicum and imperium at large have several/lots of different relics and unique killing machines from before the heresy stashed away as relished relics from the past, they're just much too afraid to use them in fear of losing them and such.
So Guilliman stomping about full of RIGHTEOUS ANGER in some unique previously unseen pattern of walker would make sense enough.

As long as this whole thing doesn't end with the emperor returning and a revamp of the system this should be fun.

The Black Shield
15-12-2016, 21:54
Why would Guilliman need some kind of contraption to get around in? He was was stabbed by a warp envenomed dagger in the neck right? So if he was healing in stasis, as is supposed, he would't need any life support or other apparatus.

Lord Damocles
15-12-2016, 22:41
A little bit of news/rumour content circulating around BOLS and Faeit212 today (here (http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/12/40k-rumors-next-plastic-primarch.html) and here (http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/the-hunt-is-on-next-loyalist-primarch.html)). Looks like they're pointing towards the Lion's arrival.
So almost certainly not the Lion then... ;)

DreadedNaysayer
16-12-2016, 12:06
Why would Guilliman need some kind of contraption to get around in? He was was stabbed by a warp envenomed dagger in the neck right? So if he was healing in stasis, as is supposed, he would't need any life support or other apparatus.

Well he might not be fully healed, in which case he'd need some dreadnought like contraption to get around in. Then there's the fact that the somewhat plausible rumors that foretell his return describe him as a big walker. And how would he match up to the daemon primarchs otherwise? And do we really need a plastic Guilliman on foot when we have an awesome forgeworld one?

But most importantly, ultramarines primarch returned with a giant mecha suit and a smashing set of rules would be a GW gold mine.

Hellebore
18-12-2016, 08:51
I could buy guilliman in a contemptor dreadnought, wearing it more like terminator armour or centurion armour.

But not as a life support suit.

Karhedron
03-02-2017, 12:40
And it looks like the answer is Guilliman! :eek:

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16387047_1347626018591324_6432783120094513095_n.jp g?oh=20c79d9cc0bf05364f312bf4c2914c22&oe=5945AF20

cyphertheory
03-02-2017, 19:36
told you! apparently he is off to terra to kill the emperor....

The Black Shield
03-02-2017, 21:45
No life support or dreadnought. Ha!

Lord Damocles
03-02-2017, 21:46
Summer of Fliers!

williamsond
07-02-2017, 08:26
I heard from a guy who goes out on the booze with some of the GW design team on occasion, that Guilliman will be the next plastic primarch release. I didn't ask details about the model but I'm convinced this is good info as I was was told this well before magnus was released and that turned out to be right. At the time he said the big smurf was coming next after magnus. He also said that adepticus titanicus was due early 2017 along with a few other bits and bobs, but that's off topic.

I'm not going to say I called it but...

I've always found the biggest problem about knowing stuff in advance is no one believes you. It happened when I said fantasy was going to round bases and it would happen again is I said that you might as well throw your templates away...

Oogie boogie boss
13-02-2017, 13:55
What are the bets that we'll get another Daemon Primarch plastic (my money's on Angron) followed by either Russ or Vulkan?

toonboy78
13-02-2017, 14:18
total speculation,

but it could be possible to have an Angron released with some titanic battle around Armageddon. orks could get their own collection of updates including a massive Ghaz!

Ssilmath
13-02-2017, 16:46
Speculation from a blurb in Breaking of Biel-Tan is that Fulgrim is the next Primarch to be released. I could see a plastic Fulgrim, Lucius and Noise Marines being the next major release after Guilliman.

Garanaul the Black
14-02-2017, 19:44

Take a closer look at the back of the model, looks like he's hooked up to a wearable dialysis suit.

@Sslimath: There was talk of Mortarion sightings as well, unless they've been debunked?

Ssilmath
14-02-2017, 22:11
@Sslimath: There are as talk of Mortarion sightings as well, unless they've been debunked?

I'm not sure. The pictures looked kind of suspect to me, but I haven't seen anything about it for a while. It's entirely possible that Mortarion is going to be next, given that all Daemon Primarchs were stated to be sighted at the vanguard of the 13th Black Crusade. But between a specific mention of Fulgrim in the Biel Tan book and Slaanesh having a very, very pressing need to be active in the material realm I'd personally lean towards an Emperors Children release coming up. Of course, I'm kind of expecting all of the Daemon Primarchs to be out by the end of the year.

Garanaul the Black
15-02-2017, 15:39
Those famous Bigfoot pics from back in the day were less blurry than the supposed Mortarion ones.
It's a big win no matter what we end up getting as far as I'm concerned, as much as I'd like to see a wave of Nurgle releases.

williamsond
02-03-2017, 08:58
when I was told about Magnus and Guilliman last year I wasn't given anything else on other primarchs but I was told that GW would be releasing their biggest ever plastic vehicle kit in 2017, so I would look to see this next as a posed to another primarch. I'm not sure what it's going to be as my source was very cagey about it, but my money would be on a plastic thunder hawk although I'm not sure if we will see it before the release of 8th (early summer maybe).

toonboy78
02-03-2017, 09:43
i think it is a safe assumption that all the daemon ones will get a model at some point.

what looks like happening now is that a story is produced fro the model to be released. i think a possibility is Armageddon, Angron V Ghazgull

as for loyalist one, i was not sure what they needed to bring them back in the first place, but as they have the others all "disappeared" so if they can bring one back who was seconds from death then i'm sure the others can have a suitable story to bring them back too.

as for timescales, it was 2 years betwen greater daemons so possibly a similar gap??

Amarysia
05-03-2017, 02:38
Speculation from a blurb in Breaking of Biel-Tan is that Fulgrim is the next Primarch to be released. I could see a plastic Fulgrim, Lucius and Noise Marines being the next major release after Guilliman.

Considering the 4th Crone Blade is currently surrounded on a planet by all sorts of Slaa Neth (I will continually use the name of the "planet" where The Fall happened and the creation of She Who Thirsts) Daemons, a theory i'd put forward is that the 4th Crone sword is actually The Laer Blade that Fulgrim wields.

It will be interesting if it is true, that we will see a Fulgrim Snake Daemon, but also he may turn "good" to combine combine the swords, as it will please Slaa Neth as well as the Aeldari. She gets their souls, and they get a fancy new god out of it. Also helps that it isn't Fulgrim that actually fell to chaos as he has been Dorian Gray'd

Iron_Lord
05-03-2017, 13:30
It will be interesting if it is true, that we will see a Fulgrim Snake Daemon, but also he may turn "good" to combine combine the swords, as it will please Slaa Neth as well as the Aeldari. She gets their souls, and they get a fancy new god out of it. Also helps that it isn't Fulgrim that actually fell to chaos as he has been Dorian Gray'd
He was pretty corrupted by the Laer blade by the time its Daemon possessed him (after Ferrus's death).

And, in Primarchs, we find that he managed to get out of the painting and exchange places with the Daemon.

So, by Angel Exterminatus, when Fulgrim rises to become a Daemon Primarch, it's the real Fulgrim who is rising.

Memnos
06-03-2017, 13:23
He was pretty corrupted by the Laer blade by the time its Daemon possessed him (after Ferrus's death).

And, in Primarchs, we find that he managed to get out of the painting and exchange places with the Daemon.

So, by Angel Exterminatus, when Fulgrim rises to become a Daemon Primarch, it's the real Fulgrim who is rising.

That's certainly what Fulgrim's body claimed, and in order for it to be false, it would have to be a being capable of using Fulgrim's own mind against him and capable of seeing in to the minds and souls of the people questioning him: Eidolon, Fabius and Lucius.

Only a Daemon could do that in 40K lore, one who had actually possessed Fulgrim. That would be the only way I could see that it could have fooled Fulgrim's closest allies and convinced them the Daemon-possessed Fulgrim was actually Fulgrim if he wasn't, in fact, Fulgrim.

Since we know that Fulgrim is Fulgrim(Because he said so), and only either Fulgrim or a Daemon would have access to Fulgrim's memories and his intimate knowledge of his lieutenants, Fulgrim is definitely Fulgrim. Because the only other option in 40K lore would be that it was a Daemon speaking and pretending to be Fulgrim.

Rogue Star
06-03-2017, 13:26
To quote the 100% accurate Sad Panda over on Dakka...

Rubric? Yes. Magnus? Yes.

Think these have been mentioned before.

Plastic daemon Angron? Not to my knowledge.

Next 40K plastic primarch after Magnus should be a loyal one (not Russ, not Prospero related).

"I thought Sad Panda... 'suggested' it would be Magnus/Angron/Fulgrim for team evil and Guilliman/Leman Russ for team Imperium?

At least to start with...

Though Dorn in a centurion suit would amuse me."

No. I only know of one other not-FW primarch in the pipeline. He'll be "Team Imperium" and part of setting up the story for 8th.

There may be more I simply haven't heard about, but as with Daemonkin, I can assure you that there is no plan to go through the four Chaos Gods with symmetrical releases. That's not how the 40K story evolution for the next year or so (from the tiny bits I know) is set up.

So I dunno if we should expect steady Primarch releases just because Guilliman and Magnus got models...