PDA

View Full Version : 2500pt Chaos "Dwarf" army

the_night_reaper
11-07-2006, 23:29
I know this doesn't play much like a chaos dwarf army, but if I have anything to say about it it will damn well look like one.

Characters:

Chaos Lord (Chaos Dwarf Lord): Armour of Damnation, Helm of Many Eyes, Gaze of The Gods, Shield, Great Weapon, Mark of Chaos Undivided- 314pts

Wargor (Hobgoblin Hero): Staff of Darkoth, Chaos Armour, Great Weapon, Mark of Tzeentch- 169pts

Bray shaman (Chaos Dwarf Sorceror): Lvl 2, 2x Power Stones, Braystaff- 166pts

Bray shaman (Chaos Dwarf Sorceror): Lvl 2, 2x Power Stones, Braystaff- 166pts

Core:

20 Marauders (Chaos Dwarves): Full Command, Great Weapons- 165pts

20 Marauders (Chaos Dwarves): Full Command, Great Weapons- 165pts

20 Marauders (Chaos Dwarves): Full Command, Flails- 145pts

5 Chosen Knights (Bull Centaurs) : Full Command- 275pts

5 Warhounds (Hobgoblin Wolf Riders)- 30pts

Special:

Beast Herd: 6 Gors (Chaos Dwarf Slave Masters); 2 Hand Weapons/ 14 Ungors (Hobgoblin Slaves); Spears- 133pts

15 (Chaos Dwarf) Crossbowmen- 120pts

15 (Chaos Dwarf) Crossbowmen- 120pts

5 Screamers of Tzeentch- 165pts

Rare:

Hell cannon- 275pts

Total Pts: 2498
Total Models: 144+ Hell cannon and Crew
Total Power Dice: 8+ 4 power stones
Total Dispel Dice: 5

One thing that I’m sure will stick out to most of you is my choice of items on the shamans. On both of them I will be opting for the default spell and I’ll save the power stones for when I have to cast that spell (The Oxen Stands). I hate dispel scrolls.

One thing I couldn’t really decide on was to get either the hell cannon or a pair of Bronzino’s galloper guns. The hell cannon I think will be better but I’m not sure.

I can make up fluff to explain the presence of the hell cannon, the screamers, and a Hobgoblin hero marked with Tzeentch. It would be something like a trade expedition who was supposed to deliver hell cannons to archaon encountered a powerful hobgoblin tribe on their way through the realms of chaos and enslaved them and their powerful leader. When they got their they found that archaon had been defeated and kept the hell cannons for themselves.

Something along those lines.

So are there any comments, suggestions or changes?

Gitt
12-07-2006, 13:49
As long as you used the right sized bases, asuming your using CD models acting as the apropriate unit.

the_night_reaper
12-07-2006, 21:25
ny comments on the list? I know it's a themed army but that doesn't mean it has to suck. I just wantto stay away from chariots and marauder horsemen because I wouldn't know how to explain them. Warriors I can use using black orc models. As well I don't think I'll beable to use units from the beasts of chaos book, except of course the beast herds.

Dspankdo
14-07-2006, 11:03
I dunno, i think u should just use the online chaos dwarf list