PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Tau

damz451
12-07-2006, 02:00
I bought the tau empires codex a few weeks ago and only started reading it recently and i thought the section about the tau & humanity was pretty interesting especially this bit "instructions for the integration of the human imperium into the tau empire" This got me thinking what if a large enough force of the imperium joined the tau empire, Humans/guardsman would gain a better life rather than being cannon fodder and the space marines respect the actions of the tau and their way of combat.

Well my tau army will consist almost entirely of imperial forces that have left the imperium to join the tau as they feel the imperium has failed in forfilling the emperors command..

Firewarriors will be replaced by cadian shock troopers and will be armed with pulse rifles.

I have done a wee switch with the stealth suits, iv found that the legs of space marines fit into the torso and looks pretty good.

im still trying to think of other ideas to make them stand out, any suggestions?

Orcdom
12-07-2006, 02:57
well only pictures will tell, but why integrating marines in there as well? you ought to leave the suits as Tau themselves. because you dont have marines in guard armies.

and the guard with pulse rifles is ok, but does the new codex not cover the old chapter approved rules of Human Auxilaries?

if you dont have those 3rd edition rules i could email the PDF to you, i dont know if its still on the GW site or not.

Steve

Col.Gravis
12-07-2006, 09:32
Hmmm Guard is one thing, average humans do tend to go 'wayward' from the Imperium all the time, Marines would be quite another, for one thing the Astartes are indocturinated to hate xenos species from when they join the chapter, to go back on everything they've been taught is incredably unlikely en-mass - not to say its impossible - however in the event of such an occurance it would draw a massive Imperial response, mostly from other Chapters, take by way of example the Badab War. By all means go with it, its your army, but expect to have people query it alot and not like the concept at all on occasion.

imperialstout
13-07-2006, 07:29
I agree that it is very unlikely that any Marines would defect to the Tau, but if they did, I think it would not be Human/Xeno issue, but a Chaos issue. Some members of a chapter that had an extreme hatred of Chaos might see the Tau as being totally free of the influences of the warp, Tau barely register within the warp. Maybe they feel that the Empire has become too corrupted by the warp and the forces of Chaos.

I was thinking of starting a SM army and use a Tau color scheme and use the trait system. It would be all infantry, tanks are too hard to steal, and use See And Not Be Seen and maybe Chaos as a preferred enemy, to represent a bunch of sneaky bastards that would be able to sneak away unseen and hate Chaos more than they hate the Tau. Desert Specters seemed like a chapter that might have a Tau like color scheme.

charlie_c67
14-07-2006, 01:33
Hmmm, no. They'd still operate as marines but would be considered renegades.

Tooooon
14-07-2006, 01:36
I still dont understand why you just dont do Human IG Tau Auxileries.... hehe

Lame Duck
14-07-2006, 12:24
Gaurdsmen maybe, marines never. Besides, i dont think gaurd would accurately represent stuff in the tau codex.