110 2 leadbelchers

165 Scrap launcher

Rare
75 gorger

Total: 1997

Any advice?

ThickJohnson
12-07-2006, 13:43
I like 2 Gorgers for sure, the only reason I would not take 2 is if I wanted to play some Maneaters.

I'm not very fond of Leadbelchers, you sure there is not a better choice for 220 points? Personally I would rather have another scrap launcher or more gobnlar's.

samael
12-07-2006, 13:59
If you're playing this for fun I have no comments (I know I know all the games we play are for fun ;) )

But..if you want to use this army in tournies I would drop some of the banners they're victory points waiting to be scooped up by you're opponent.

vampires are cool!
12-07-2006, 17:53
id mix the last three man unit in with the the two, other than that, great list!

MAD MAN-A-TRON
12-07-2006, 21:22
I took out some of the banners, how does this look?

Lord
296 pts. Bargrat, headbuster of elves, breaker of walls and skinny things
Tyrant with Fistful of Laurels, Siegebreaker, Wrydstone Necklace, heavy armor, Daemon-Killer Scars, luck gnoblar

Heros
180 pts. Rorall the curious
Butcher with dispel scroll, halfling cookbook

135 pts. Tarelt Gutsplitter
Butcher with tooth gnoblar

Core
170 3 bulls, full command, ironfists

130 3 bulls, Bellower, ironfists

120 3 bulls, ironfists

227 4 ironguts, Bellower, War banner

202 4 ironguts, Bellower,

52 8 gnoblar trappers, snarefinger

20 20 Gnoblar fighters

Special
110 2 leadbelchers

110 2 leadbelchers

165 Scrap launcher

Rare
75 gorger

Total: 1992

CarlostheCraven
13-07-2006, 00:05
There are a bunch of legal problems with your list

1.) your Tyrant has 2 enchanted items - the Fistful of Laurels and the Daemonkiller Scars - you may only have one. A good tyrant config is
Tenderiser, Wyrdstone Necklace and the Gut Maw - this gives you a survivable character that can take on just about anything in game. Personally I play my tyrant in a low key fashion - great weapon, heavy armour, and Wyrdstone necklace

2.) The unit of Ironguts with the warbanner has to pay for a standard first and then buy the magic standard on top of that.

3.) Your math is off. The tyrant weighs in at 311, not 296. Gnoblers are 2 points a piece, not 1 which means the unit is 40 points not 20. This may be a typo on your part, I am not going to total your math at the moment.

Other tips
- If you bother buying Ironfists for your ogres, buy light armour as well. Either maximize your armour save or run them naked.

- 3 bulls with full command is, quite frankly, crazy. You have increased the cost of the unit by nearly 50% without improving their durability in a significant manner. If you were taking a big unit - say 7 or 8 - then the cost of command is effectively spread out over more models. IMO, a bellower is the only upgrade required in any MSU style ogre list. +1 to rally is very important in an ogre army.

- units of 4 bulls are much better than units of 3. By taking 4 bulls your opponent has to do twice as much work in the magic and shooting phases to eliminate your bull charge. Also, units of 5 would mean that your opponent has to kill two ogres to cause a panic test (though I still run units of 4).

- gorgers should be fielded in pairs, increasing the likelyhood of at least one of them showing up on turn 2. Personally, I prefer lone maneaters and a battle standard bearer, allowing them to tie up units with stubborn 8 and a re-roll.

Cheers

MAD MAN-A-TRON
14-07-2006, 20:39
Thanks for pointing those mistakes out; also, thank you for the advice.

Here's the list after some revision:
Lord
296 Bargrat, headbuster of elves, breaker of walls and skinny things
Tyrant with Siegebreaker, Wrydstone Necklace, Daemon-Killer Scars,
luck gnoblar, heavy armor

Heros
180 pts. Rorall the curious
Butcher with dispel scroll, halfling cookbook

135 pts. Tarelt Gutsplitter
Butcher with tooth gnoblar

Core
182 4 bulls, bellower, ironfists, light armor

182 4 bulls, Bellower, ironfists, light armor

247 4 ironguts, Bellower, standard bearer, War banner

202 4 ironguts, Bellower

52 8 gnoblar trappers, snarefinger

40 20 gnoblar fighters

Special
110 2 leadbelchers

110 2 leadbelchers

165 Scrap launcher

Rare
75 gorger

Total: 1976

I am 24 points under 2k. I was thinking of adding a dispel scroll, perhaps some magic wargear for the butchers or I could drop the gorger and add a Maneater instead. What do you think?