PDA

View Full Version : Battletech

Red Lancer
15-06-2005, 14:41
Are there many (or any) Battletech players out there? I know that many folks thought that the system died along with FASA and has been taken over by Klicky base but the old (now Classic) Battletech lines are still going strong with Fanpro.
We have a 1 week Campaign planned for October, straight from the pages of War of 3039 ; the Battle for Athenry. It promises to be an incredible event with custombuilt boards, blue naval forces, the works!

Duymon
15-06-2005, 15:02
woah.. old-school battletech is making a comeback? Thank god! I would break into tears everytime I saw those clicky piece of crap mechwarrior dark age thingies :p

So I see all the books are being remade which is great. How about mechs? Will we see some of the classics like the Atlas or the Mad Cat make a comeback? Or will we be forced to use minis from other lines and use custom specs :0

The Rover
15-06-2005, 17:53
Mmm, classic B-Tech. I'm glad I kept all my stuff for it. I think Fanpro got the rights to all the old mech designs (save for the 12 or 14 from the early era... the ones that were ripped off Robotech). iron wind Metals is now producing them I think. I need to play again..

Rykion
15-06-2005, 23:45
Wizkids has the rights to most of the old FASA games. FanPro has a license from Wizkids to produce the old games and produce new material and rules. The anime rip off mechs have all returned with new designs. Unfortunately, I do not like most of the new mechs designs.

x-esiv-4c
16-06-2005, 02:36
God I hate those clicky things. I still have my original battletech box, you know the one, with the warhammer mech on it, came with a load of mechs ranging from the locus to the battle-master.

Red Lancer
16-06-2005, 06:52
Battletech is not only making a comeback but is very much alive and kicking! All of the classic designs are available; some of them are in a slightly different form as FASA never actually owned the rights to the images!
Ral Partha Europe & Ironwind have a massive range of the older and newer metal designs and the whole universe is marching on without the clicky base thing. There are a MASSIVE range of new products, mechs, designs, sourcebooks, etc out - check out www.classicbattletech.com for background updates. The Madcat and Atlas are very much back and better than ever; the newer miniatures are far superior in detail.
If you want to see a good campaign being formed, check out www.wargamesholidays.co.uk - feedback appreciated.
Now is the best time to get back into Battletech, they're writing a lot of historical stuff (War of 3039, etc) to fill in many of the gaps in the story arcs. Like I said, its better than ever

malika
16-06-2005, 16:15
Battletech...a brings back memories...

Ive been thinking about this idea for some time now and I dont know what you guys thinks of it.
Battletech is a game which is mainly based around Mechs right? I mean other stuff like infantry/tanks/aircraft play a minimal role in the game right?

If that is the case, Ive been thinking about mixing it with GW background stuff, hear me out. The Adeptus Mechanicus and the Eldar use these units called Knights, which are sort of just like the mechs in Battletech. Now here is my plan, Ive been thinking about some sort of "mod" to use these kind of Knights instead of the Mechs, so basicly a game of battletech in the 40k universe (but without the battletech background)

Does that sound like a too stupid idea?

Captain Brown
16-06-2005, 16:46
Sadly I have long since sold off all my lead Battlemechs, all rulebooks, sourcebooks, and modules. It was a fun game but I had to move on and there was no way that all that stuff was going to fit in my place.

*Gives a prayer of thanks to the Almighty for eBay*

So sadly I no longer play the game. But it was lots of fun while it lasted. I guess the real reason I stopped playing was that there was no time to play and the changing of the designs due to the copyright violations sort of ruined the imagery as those were the Battlemechs I liked the best.

x-esiv-4c
16-06-2005, 18:54
I used to be so into that game. Had all the mechs memorized and stats...the lot.

malika
02-07-2005, 12:04
Wasnt Battletech on a Hex based map or something? Check this out which might be interesting: http://uk.games-workshop.com/warhammer/hexes/1/