PDA

View Full Version : Treacherous Jagataļ Khan?

macbeth
12-07-2006, 07:58
I was erring on Wikipedia, and I fell on the chapter about the Horus Heresy. And there I found something troubling:

"The Imperial Fists and White Scars were too close to Terra to be contacted without raising suspicion, though Horus believed (mistakenly, as it turned out) that Jaghatai Khan would ultimately side with him."

Where does this come from? I think I'm quite knowledgable in the Horus Heresy era, I've read all the IA related to the 18 original legions, and nowhere such a thing is to be found. Do you know where it comes from?

If you want a link to the whole article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horus_Heresy

Gae'Mot
12-07-2006, 08:37
"The Imperial Fists and White Scars were too close to Terra to be contacted without raising suspicion, though Horus believed (mistakenly, as it turned out) that Jaghatai Khan would ultimately side with him."Since the white scars are based upon the huns/mongolians, Jagataļ might have seemed a brutal and merciless man. Wich might have given Horus the impression of him being a possible ally.

Khaine's Messenger
12-07-2006, 09:01
I've been under the impression that Horus had established personal friendships with a great many Primarchs, and perhaps only a few were truly so spiteful of him or loyal to the Emperor that they would reject him out of hand regardless of his actions (and, if rumors be true, even Johnson would have made an alliance with Horus a very calculated one). Therefore, I wouldn't be surprised if Horus could have thought he could turn the Khan. The failure of Fulgrim to turn Manus could be written off as Fulgrim's incompetance (Horus certainly was not thinking very positively of the EC or its primarch by Horus Rising), so the Khan would probably have not been difficult to turn.

Mind you, I've never seen any background that directly states what has been quoted, but I wouldn't be surprised.

ryng_sting
12-07-2006, 17:12
It means he thought he could Khan to side with him. Pity Horus didn't live long enough to regret his presumption.

Okuto
13-07-2006, 13:02
My great Khan a traitor?! no, not at all!

Though when I think of it, I do see why Horus would think of him as a good ally, our great Khan did do some pretty brutal stuff way back then...

Icarus
13-07-2006, 15:05
You can see why he would have thought the ruthless Khan would be a potential ally. And remember that no Primarch save Sanguinius managed to talk to the corruped Horus face to face without being corrupted themselves. That doesn't mean Khan would have turned, but you can see why Horus would have been confident of it.