PDA

View Full Version : Chars leading trolls?

grimgorkgalle
12-07-2006, 11:49
I know characters can not lead monsters (or it is not clear if they can...). But a unit of trolls? Do they count as monsters, even if they form a unit? Is it possible to put a char into this unit and use its Leadership?

scavenseer
12-07-2006, 11:52
Check your rule book, it answers this question in full. Characters can lead any unit, even trolls!

mageith
12-07-2006, 14:03
Check your rule book, it answers this question in full. Characters can lead any unit, even trolls!

Actually all the rule book allows characters to do is "join a friendly unit of ordinary troops" (95) And "ordinary" isn't defined.

However a later explanation expanded (or clarified) the join ability: "JOINING: Unless forbidden by the rules, a character can always join a unit, regardless of their mount. Page 113, Chronicles."

TheWarSmith
13-07-2006, 06:03
It'd be pretty odd to do. I think I know what you're getting at and that is to avoid the Ld4 stupid tests, which would happen almost every turn. The solution to this is that you have to babysit them by having your general nearby.

grimgorkgalle
13-07-2006, 10:42
: "JOINING: Unless forbidden by the rules, a character can always join a unit, regardless of their mount. Page 113, Chronicles."

There you go... thx...

And sure I want to use the chars Ld, why not? I think thats a normal procedure in nearly every army: Improve your units by characters abilities. I see no problem with that...

scavenseer
13-07-2006, 10:46
There you go... thx...

And sure I want to use the chars Ld, why not? I think thats a normal procedure in nearly every army: Improve your units by characters abilities. I see no problem with that...

The trolls would still take stupidity tests, like cold ones do even though they are ridden by a general.:rolleyes:

grimgorkgalle
13-07-2006, 10:56
Sure, they still take on stupidity... But there is nothing more annoying than a couple of dumpheads standing the whole game looking at their feet, and trying to get just one damn inch far... And btw, normal orc characters do not have that much Ld...;)

TheWarSmith
13-07-2006, 21:13
Trolls are Ld4. Only an IDIOT would trust using their base leadership w/out the assistance of a character IN the unit or having the general nearby.

Milgram
14-07-2006, 19:49
even a nightgoblinhero is an improvement dto an unit of trolls :)

TheWarSmith
15-07-2006, 02:07
It's a very cheap way to do it too.