PDA

View Full Version : Night Gobbo's 2000 pts.

Gitt
12-07-2006, 14:09
None of this is bought yet, so feel free to shame!

Night Goblin Warboss
Basha's Big Axe of Bashin'
Armour of Gork
140pts

Night Goblin Big Boss
Battle Standard Bearer
Bad Moon Banner
Light Armor
117pts

Night Goblin Shaman
Level Two
Mad Cap Mushrooms
125pts

Night Goblin Shaman
Level Two
Ditto's Double Doin' Doo-Dah's
120pts

25 Night Goblins
Spears
Command
1 Fanatic
120pts

25 Night Goblins
Spears
Command
1 Fanatic
120pts

25 Night Goblins
Spears
Command
1 Fanatic
120pts

25 Night Goblins
Spears
75pts

25 Night Goblins
Spears
75pts

25 Night Goblins
Spears
75pts

25 Night Goblins
Spears
75pts

25 Night Goblins
Spears
75pts

25 Night Goblins
Bows
75pts

25 Night Goblins
Bows
75pts

Squig Herd
6 Gobbo's
18 Squigs
6 Hoppaz
372pts

Rock Lobba
70pts

Rock Lobba
70pts

5 Goblin Wolf Riders
Spears
Shields
60pts

5 Goblin Wolf Riders
Spears
Shields
60pts

2009pts Total.

Please Leave Feedback!

Nils-Ake
12-07-2006, 15:24
The ld 10 brew is good to have..
I prefer the lvl 4..

Sureshot05
12-07-2006, 15:42
Personally i'd equip some of those speamen with h/w instead. Saves on points which means you can have more fanatics or other gubbins.

Oh, and bunch your fanatics more to get maximum effect from mad cap mushrooms. And get that ld 10 potion, its crucial (and works really well with the Night Goblin stubborn banner).

What is your plan for the squig herd? If you don't want the squig bomb effect (which makes games incredibly slow - fun, but slow) then you want a couple more handlers to make sure the mob stays together. If you're happy for the bomb, then its fine.

Oh, and dropping spears gives you a way of making the army a legit 2000 pt army.

Gitt
12-07-2006, 15:56
IMO the only fun thing about a squig herd is when it breaks and explodes, It was one of the main things that is drawing me into having a NG army - for the humor. Fair point on the spears though, I may just do that, and it would give my army a variety in models aswell I guess. Thanks for the comments, I will edit it soon. Replies still very much welcome! :)

DirtJumper
12-07-2006, 16:22
Why only 4 characters and 1 fanatic in those units? The things that make a Night Goboo army are the Magic, Squigs, and more than anything else, the Fanatics! In 2000 pts you can have up to 6 characters (i would suggest 4 shamans, 1 of which is a Lord-level Shaman, plus the extra 2 Big bosses you're allowed by using only goblin heroes), Get more Fanatics, and other than that all of the other suggestions given have been very good so far.

Gitt
12-07-2006, 16:41
Why only 4 characters and 1 fanatic in those units? The things that make a Night Goboo army are the Magic, Squigs, and more than anything else, the Fanatics! In 2000 pts you can have up to 6 characters (i would suggest 4 shamans, 1 of which is a Lord-level Shaman, plus the extra 2 Big bosses you're allowed by using only goblin heroes), Get more Fanatics, and other than that all of the other suggestions given have been very good so far.

No offence but that is a load of rubbish, the whole point of a horde army is to swamp them with hordes of foot troops, having 6 characters in an army will allow almost no room for troops. Also, I have a warboss for the leadership. Another key point in a horde army. After having read other's comments about the brew, I will indeed add that into my army list, but having too many fanatics is pushing it, making the army too cheese encrusted, and more than likley to destroy your own army aswell as being darn expensive, perhaps maybe 2 more at maximum. Two spell casters is enough for a 2000pts army, and I am fully aware of the extra-hero rule.

On a more posative note, thankyou for posting. Feedback still welcome.

jahorin
12-07-2006, 17:17
i would include full command in every unit. especially a muscian to get a better chance at reallying.

i would also take a shaman lord, the extra punch the big brings is most appreciate with this kind of army. and also a bit more fanatics, if find that 6 is a good number for a 2k game. more is a bit overkill (but fun). and try to add short bow to the wolf riders, since they are fast cavalry you'll be able to shoot as well as move 18" so you might be able to kill a warmachine crew (or 2 if you are luck).

i've build a all night goblin army a couple of times. i've found that spears are more usefull than the hand-weapon, sure it save points but with the spears you can fight back a bit (and kill a few models). and this is really a personal point but i prefer units of 30 gobbos, but that's just me.

vampires are cool!
12-07-2006, 17:19
what you both say is true
a horde army is about killing them with many infanty troops, but the orc and goblin army list is all about doing both; the magic generated by the press of goblins and the combat potential they have. fanatics, i would have 2 in all the units - that means you can drop the mad cap mushrooms for some extra gubbins. as you'll probbably know, a goddlin army is actualy more scary than a chaos daemon army, all because of the bloody fanatics.
good luck with the army, hope it s fun to play with

Gitt
12-07-2006, 17:25
Again, thanks for the comments, both of you, I reccon after I tweak this one slightly - and get all the minatures, ofcourse - I will play trial and error to see what works best. New comments apreciated, I do ofcourse want this to be a winning army, and worth the time, effort, and money I put into it!

i would include full command in every unit.

Yeah, its usefull, but if you add up the cost of a full command in each unit, Its significant.

DirtJumper
12-07-2006, 18:44
The beauty of 2 pt troops and low-cost heroes is that you can have them and still outnumber your opponent 2:1 or even 3:1 in most cases. It's perfectly fine though if you don't want to use them, I was just making sure you knew you had the option ;) I was just pretty much laying out how I was going to be using the list when the new Skull Pass set and the new O&G come out (although it may vary depending on what changes they make in the Army Book)

Gitt
12-07-2006, 19:13
Very true man - I appologise if my post sounded somewhat.... agressive... :)