Mechanised (surprise surprise)
Techpreist enginseers
carapace armour
xenos fighters: Eldar
Diehards/iron discipline/Sharpshooters/storm troopers/conscript squads

for ther last one, i'm haveing a vote.

cookiescrumble
12-07-2006, 20:50
I voted stormtroopers, the others won't really benefit you as your men are in chimeras and may not be in range of the officers.

Kymar
12-07-2006, 20:54
Conscripts, as an Eldar player, there isn't much I hate more then grots & other screening troops.

xibo
12-07-2006, 21:35
voted stormtroopers: deepstriking suicide squads with 2 special weapons and inferno pistol are annoying
thought about rough riders?

revford
12-07-2006, 21:57
I went with Stormtroopers, they can take a Chimera and would fit in nicely with your carapace armoured troops.

Maybe take them as Grenadiers instead of Stormtroopers to save those Elite slots for veterans and techpriests?

Ironhand
12-07-2006, 23:59
I'd take Veterans rather than stormtroopers. They're BS4, can have 3 plasma guns and a lascannon in the squad, and can be mounted in a Chimera.

Frankly, I think the enginseers are a waste. I'd drop that doctrine for stormtroopers or iron discipline.

revford
13-07-2006, 00:10
Frankly, I think the enginseers are a waste. I'd drop that doctrine for stormtroopers or iron discipline.

The repair rule is worse than useless because you have to start the turn in contact to use it. If you could move to the damaged machine and repair it in the same turn, Enginseers would be a must.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on that one. It's dark and I can't see the book.

However they are useful as a way to field extra heavy weapons with a gun servitor retinue or as a extra hand to hand fighter, even better with an Honorifica.

Also you can take two as a single elite choice and they can have a Chimera each.

Getz
13-07-2006, 02:09
Die Hards... Mechanised Guard tends to be a little liht on troops, so making them hard to break in HtH is very useful (and dirt cheap too)

Smoking Frog
13-07-2006, 03:16
I went sharpshooters. I also do believe you should drop enginseers for stormtroopers, but that's my mere humble opinion, I don't know your fluff for your army either.

Care to post some up, just some quick notes will do.

Outlaw289
13-07-2006, 06:35
I'd drop Xenofighters:Eldar, and instead go with Sharpshooters and Veterans

Since you already have Carapace Armor, your veterans will be BS4, 4+ Save, have 3 special weapons instead of 2, and the ability to have a heavy weapon (Though I would personally use the Kasrkin models )

The Xenofighters doctrines are kind of a waste. If you get into close combat with Eldar, your Guardsmen will just be slaughtered by Scorps/Banshees/Warlocks

It just isn't worth it. Concentrate on firepower

lordbeefy
13-07-2006, 14:11
Drop xenos fighter, and enginseers.

Take greandiers, veterans and rough riders.

Your troop choice can be two grenadier units, high firepower from the vets, and a couple units of rough riders with hunting lances for counter charge cc units.

Kriegsherr
13-07-2006, 14:19
Everyone needs stormtroopers.

A big huuray for the Imperiums finest and hardest soldiers! (As Marines aren't really IMPERIAL troops, more allies like the AdMech :))

Lord General Laumnem
13-07-2006, 17:58
I'd drop Xenofighters:Eldar, and instead go with Sharpshooters and Veterans

please tell me if you think i'm being rude but: NO! My friend collects eldar and he's made it anti marine (almost every mate of mine collects marines) and so i passionatly HATE eldar. Also, i have got a techpreist enginseer and a gun servitor with plasma cannon (Techpreist enginseer because my bro uses it as a warsmith for his very small iron warriors which he won't be using much (they get slaughtered everytime!).

Also: fluff.
Well, most of my IG ideas have been from the fortress/forge world of Charon, near the maelstrom. Charon went on a recruitment drive, determined to compete with Cadia and Valhallen and other such large imperial recruitment world. it worked, they made a grand total of 100 regiments, a regiment being made of two battalions of 1000, every second able bodied man would be called up, they have not yet seen action but are preparing for the red crusade!

This is why i suggested conscript platoons, but also storm troopers because... well... i love 'em :) all the others are there because i just thought i needed some more options and also because they would be helpful :)

Outlaw289
14-07-2006, 01:39
Well, in that case go with StormTroopers :]

pyramid_head
14-07-2006, 04:47
(As Marines aren't really IMPERIAL troops, more allies like the AdMech :))

Hence the massive imperial eagle on their chest ;)

revford
14-07-2006, 10:17
Hence the massive imperial eagle on their chest ;)

It's that the Astartes don't worship the Emperor as a God, they work for him directly.

The Imperial Bureaucrats can't order the Marines to fight, they have to ask nicely. :-}=