PDA

View Full Version : Anybody own any mis-packaged models?

WolfofMibu
12-07-2006, 22:00
As collector's items, obviously. I have a Cadian Medic and Standard-Bearer blister with a Lord of the Rings cardboard backer.

Anybody have the same misprint? Anybody find other packing errors?

Mad Doc Grotsnik
12-07-2006, 22:02
I have Chaplain Cassius with the Combi-Flamer, in a Blister pack, in my cupboard of stuff. But thats about it I think.

Oddities like that generally get relabelled or bundled back to Lenton for repackaging.

WolfofMibu
12-07-2006, 22:06
Heh, well, this batch made it all the way to La Crosse, Wisconsin. It wasn't the only one either. The guy at the the shop said he'd bought a couple from stock to try selling off himself, and there were two there when I bought mine.

kermit
12-07-2006, 22:25
I have seen a blister that the cardboard backer was put on upside-down. So the place where you hang it from was in the blister area. But, when I saw it, the store had already cut a new hole in the bottom of the blister that was up... so I didn't bother buying it.

n00bLord
12-07-2006, 23:16
I had bought a warp lightning cannon for my Skaven, but the gunner wasn't in there so I got it straightened out.

Bronka
13-07-2006, 00:13
I got both DE Homunculus variants in the same blister! And they were still priced as if it was just the one!

Good value out of GW for once...........

brother_fandango
13-07-2006, 00:38
1. a buddy got an extra body with his broodlord...

2. i got an extra servitor with my techmarine box, and the direct order only one, too.

3. i got the bone giant head with my Orcs and Goblins Giant....

Ill Eagle
13-07-2006, 01:38
I got an extra sprue of boyz in my Ork Battleforce.

Born Again
13-07-2006, 01:51
Nothing major, but my Tau Fire Warriors were missing their bases. I got it straightened out, it was just annoying as it was the first box to start my new army, and it had to be put off by a week.

Sir_Lunchalot
13-07-2006, 05:40
I bought a forgeworld Armageddon pattern Basilisk. With no floor grate.

USABOB
13-07-2006, 05:53
Two come to mind for me. I bought captain Lysander and there was two storm shields in it. Another was a LOTR boxed set that had 40 extra slotted bases, there were 80 some bases and only 40 guys . I guess packaging errors happen :)

Colonel_Kreitz
13-07-2006, 06:03
I definitely got some of the old chimeras sans vehicle accessory sprues. Not a huge deal though, since I was able to just swap them without difficulty at the store.

GW usually has good customer service and exchange policies for items with missing parts or parts that are defective.

lord_blackfang
13-07-2006, 08:58
Over the years I got more mispacks than I would care to list. One of the better ones is that I constantly get twice the required number of bases in almost every set I buy.

ArtificerArmour
13-07-2006, 09:43
I've bought a rhino missing the right track sprue. I got a free rhino. So then I had a spare left track to play with :p

lonepilgrim
13-07-2006, 10:10
I have had several over the years.

The first was Mephiston who I got minus his Force sword but with Ezekiel's weapon instead. I spent hours trying to get it to fit before I realised! When I took it back to the shop I got a brand new blister so the old one ended up as my radical Inquisitor Lord.

More recently I got the new Stealth suits instead of the new Tau Commander model. Again I kept the old models so I got the three stealth suits for free.

The best one was a mail order gone wrong when I got a Plague Marines special weapons blister, an Inquisitor scale Kroot and tons of other Inquisitor bits. I had actually ordered some Imperial Guard models! Again I got to keep the wrong models and I now plan to build a Deathguard army. Maybe it is some dastardly plan on GW's part to get people to collect different armies?

AmKhaibitu
13-07-2006, 10:18
Well I bought a canoness fairly recently, and despite the fact you're meant to get more arm options than you can use, I actually ended up with even more than that.
Basically I got two of the book/scroll sprues in it along with the gun and sword sprues, backpack and figure.

wilsonian
13-07-2006, 11:00
Got a choas dragon ages ago with two left legs and no right one! LOL

Also when i was just starting out (93-94) I had a death company with no shoulder pads...

Both cases got sorted out :)

MrChaos
13-07-2006, 11:56
Got a Land Speeder Typhoon inside an Assault Terminator Box.

Opened another Assault Terminator Box and got another Land Speeder Typhoon.

Thankfully, money was returned.

WolfofMibu
13-07-2006, 19:33
Come to think of it, I also got a box of Khorne Berzerkers that was missing a sprue of heads/torsos, so I had to call GW and ask for another sprue. They sent an entire sprue, which included a bonus arm sprue, so I got a few extra chainaxes out of the deal (Berzerkers come with a mix of chainaxes and chainswords). Haha.

Damore
13-07-2006, 21:03
I bought 2 new Lictors and they each had an extra set of rending claws. One also has an extra head.

Emperor's Grace
13-07-2006, 21:48
A few in my history but my favorite was the old grey knight team that I bought at a Games Day.

Realized after that one of the five bodies was not a grey knight. It was the Termie Chaplain. It works though, he got elected sargent.

neXus6
13-07-2006, 22:02
I bought a forgeworld Armageddon pattern Basilisk. With no floor grate.

Happened to me to, got one sent out within a week. :D

chosen_of_khaine
13-07-2006, 22:08
i had 2 banshees with only 2 bases...and no foam !!!!, i mean....only 2 bases :eek:

Born Again
14-07-2006, 01:36
Just remembered another one... I bought a land raider with two left sides, and no right! I got it sorted out no problems.

Ardathair
14-07-2006, 03:13
Bought a War Walker in a blister. A little over a year, and two moves, later I opened the blister and found two right legs and no left. O well good dancer I guess.:p As you can tell by the packaging I mentioned, this was in the early '90's and I was unaware of GW return policy. (Also no GW store with in a few hundred miles.) Eventually bits ordered a left leg and made good.

Imperial Stormtrooper
14-07-2006, 03:49
i dont really know if its a packing error, but i got a chaos dreadnought with no base, and a blister of gnoblar trappers with only the fur coat trappers.

Brother Othorio
15-07-2006, 20:38
i once got a copy of Gorkamorka which had no orks in it.. (other than the vehicle crewmen that is), unfortunately it had sat on my shelf for months before i got round to opening to so had lost the reciept by then..

Overlord Krycis
15-07-2006, 20:50
Bought a Chaos Terminator Blister with two full terminators (heads, arms and bodies).

Best buy ever...

Falkman
15-07-2006, 20:51
Got two BSB legs with my Bretonnian army deal.
Also got a CSM Havoc with two heads.

JumiKnightZero
21-09-2006, 22:35
I dunno if they used to come this way or not, but I got two SoB Seraphim with Twin Hand Flamers in one pack once. I didn't know it was strange until I went to get another one and there was only one. The manager at my store was quite confused as to why I thought there might be one missing, as was everyone else.. ^_^()

Chem-Dog
21-09-2006, 22:56
I have had the odd occasional mispackaged item throughout the years, this is my favourite of recent times though.

Stranger
21-09-2006, 23:08
Well, apart from getting double the needed bases every now and then, I once got an assault squad (still the old one though) with two arm sprues and jump pack sprues... And there was the Inquisitorial henchmen blister with 4 miniatures in...

VetSgtNamaan
21-09-2006, 23:12
Apparently it is not that uncommon the local Indie store got two space marine battle forces with sprues from the ork battleforce in them. A defiler missing legs, characters without backpacks, with out arms.

Nabeshin1106
21-09-2006, 23:14
I haven't bought it, but at my local game store there is an Ogryn packaged with a Biovore head.

mooserehab86
22-09-2006, 02:14
I have found a large number of mispackaged items, while no one that I know has gotten any. All of these things have been bought by me, whether for myself or for friends. Some of them I was able to return for the correct item, but with a few of them I was not.

- Chaos Warrior box came with Marauder sprues instead of warriors
- Louen Leoncoeur's hippogryph came with 2 left wings and no right wing
- RoR Bearmen box was missing one model, and another model had only half a head
- Wraithlord came with 2 right legs and no left leg
- Tyranid Warrior box, which is supposed to come with 3 body sprues and 1 monstrous creature sprue, instead came with 1 body sprue and 3 monstrous creature sprues
- Space Marine special weapons blister came with only a bolter, no special weapon
- Two sprues in a Tactical Squad box looked like their moulds had been filled about 2/3 with plastic, so they were all deformed and had no detail.

The main problem with all these mispackaging issues was that my local store began to think I was buying boxes, taking them home, and filling them with stuff I didn't want so that I could get my money back. Of course I wasn't doing that, but they mentioned the fact that it had never happened to anyone else at that store.

I wrote GW a letter regarding their quality control, and mentioned each of these mistakes. I was polite about it, simply commenting on my multiple bad experiences. I never got a response back though....

FarseerUshanti
22-09-2006, 02:29
I won a sort of packaged Eldar army deal about 2 years ago at a torunament at my local store. It turned out all the banshees and scorpions wwere packaged as warp spiders and fire dragons incorrectly. I came back to the store and they gave me the banshees and scorpions (10 total of each) for free and let me keep the others

Khornies & milk
22-09-2006, 06:27
friend of mine bought the 5 GKT box and it had 4 GKT in it and the BC Stern

Model instead of the 5th GKT.

pretty neat really.

Indiana van Salsing
22-09-2006, 09:26
I bought a Vahallen Lascannon... opened in store ... Lascannon sans a wheel = free valhallen lascannon and one for some wreakage

And a Dwarven Engineer without backpack (glued two cannon shells on his back to cover up)

Dat Wildboy
22-09-2006, 09:29
i got more than the models there was meant to be in one pack- 3 banshees instead of 2. bargain!

i got the balrog khazad dum set thing too. gandalf's sword arm was missing. that was frustrating, though i already had 2 models of him.

IJW
22-09-2006, 09:29
Somewhere I've still got a couple of WFB Zoats in WH40k blisters.

the creator
22-09-2006, 09:49
My bud dave got the best mis-package ever. this was in 2003 and was a mail order.

he ordered 2 falcons, 2 wraithlords, 3 guardian boxed set, 3 warwalkers and various aspect warrior blisters. alot of money right?

he got a 2,000 point preatorian army complete with chimeras, russes, basiliks and whole platoons of the metal models with heavy weapons and all! he phoned GW MO and they said they had sent the two wrong boxes to the two wrong people as the other guy had phoned and complained as well.

GW MO ended up sending out the same orders again to the right people and my friend and this other guy got to keep the original wrong orders!!! buy one army get another army free!!! unreal!!!

me on the other hand, i got 28 chaos backpacks with a standard 8 man CSM box set.

Cheatah
22-09-2006, 10:06
I bought a box of regular termies and inside were the assault terminators...

GW sent me the right weapon sprues and so now I have 10 lightning claws and 5 storm shields and thunder hammers to spare.

That's the most recent one.

Leminy_Fresch
24-09-2006, 05:05
Yeah, I got a Lictor with 2 left rending claws...
I was mildly pissed to say in the least.

johhny-turbo
24-09-2006, 06:26
I got a Necron battleforce that had two more green-rod sprues then needed....

Also two-handed weapon minotaur that had the normal body and head but came with two great weapons..

so nothing really worthwile...

Althanan
24-09-2006, 07:01
I get lots of one or two model blisters with four bases... once got four Banshees in one blister, three Warlocks in another.

The best was two Falcons in one box. Still grin at times when I look at them :)

unclejimbo827
24-09-2006, 07:15
My baneblade came with completely mangled treads broken into literally dozens of pieces per side and no lascannons. 4 months later and still no reply from forgeworld. :rolleyes:

Krusk
24-09-2006, 07:46
I once got a 40k Gretchin in a blister of snotlings. that was cool.

millward
24-09-2006, 13:05
I went into my local model shop, bought a pack of tactical marines and walked out. Only to find they had the assault marine jump pack sprues. I went back replaced it with another and began to walk home. Halfway back i thought: i'll check it to see if it is right this time. It wasn't so i went back. They said: replace it. So infront of the two people there i took every tactical squad of the shelf and openned them 1 at a time (till i'd openned about 20 packets) and said: nope they're all wrong and dumped all 20 boxes on the counter and walked out.

=P it was quite funny actually. But there you go assault tacticals.

Sakura
24-09-2006, 16:58
2. i got an extra servitor with my techmarine box, and the direct order only one, too.
How do you mean direct order? do you mean the one thats direct order or the one in the box from direct order?

I get lots of one or two model blisters with four bases... once got four Banshees in one blister, three Warlocks in another.

The best was two Falcons in one box. Still grin at times when I look at them :)

How do you fit 2 falcons in one box?
How many warlocks and banshees come on a blister?

When it comes to bases it isnt a mispack to get 4 slottas in one blister behind the sponge, every recent blister I have bought has come like that, thats like 20 blisters so I have come to the conclusion that theyre meant to come like that.

If anyone wants my spares PM me.

*I got an extra powersword arm in my Emperors Children kit, and when I expressed my luck someone stole it.
I think It was this asian guy called Mike and I can't be sure so I couldnt defame him infront of everyone, I never saw any of his models with it but all his models seem to be hybrids.

*There was a Lucius the Eternal without a backpack which I pointed out.

*There was a Raptor with 2 assault weapon option frames which I didnt point out.

*There was an abaddon with 2 talons which I didnt point out and returned 2 hours later with my wallet which I had left at Uni, I saw Mike with the Blister and was SOOOO tempted to steal it off him.

(I only shop in the Chaos Isle ;))

*Plenty of mismoulded ones which I point out.

*Some new kid that was painting dropped his cruddy painted marine without arms in my paint box at the paint table, after I noticed it I put it on the table and no one was around except Mike, 10 minutes later after I went and bought a Coke in the food court the Marine was gone and no one had been in the shop.
I asked Mike where the model went and apparently he hadnt seen it.
Should I have smacked him by now? A cruddy marine that he has 100s of from a child. thats sad.

onnotangu
24-09-2006, 16:59
4th edtion carnifex with no tail. next box I got had an extra tail.

Warlord Kyle
25-09-2006, 01:08
out of 4 nid ravengers i bought only 1 came with a tail
some rocks fixed that but still.