PDA

View Full Version : One company doing it right!

Eldanar
13-07-2006, 15:13
http://www.battlefront.co.nz/Article.asp?ArticleID=1130

I have the utmost respect for the folks at Battlefront as a gaming company. And I like the game and the rules.

[Even though every now and again I get a twinge of "uncomfortableness" whenever I meet someone who was a veteran in the war or who lived through it. There is a somewhat surreal feeling to playing a game based on people and events of my grandparent's generation. But I digress...]

Why, oh why have I chosen as a hobby a game which is almost completely unsupported with "well-run" tournaments (at least in the U.S.) by the producers of the game? :cries: :cries: :cries:

Maybe when GW loses enough market share it will wise up...

Codsticker
16-07-2006, 03:37
Why, oh why have I chosen as a hobby a game which is almost completely unsupported with "well-run" tournaments (at least in the U.S.) by the producers of the game?
Are you lamenting the lack of "well run" gw tournaments or the lack of support for FoW?

Insane Psychopath
16-07-2006, 14:02
lack of "well run" gw tournaments

Just to say IF it was on GW tournament. Well I find the UK ran very good, it just a few bad losser who ruin it IMO. Why weaste money only to moan about the armies there.

But again, I find the UK GT ran by GW to be very good & I had little to no problem, all games went like clock work, any rule problem where sorted just like that with both side being ok with ref answer.

Just my view.

IP

Eldanar
16-07-2006, 20:06
There pretty much is no GW run tournament system in the U.S.

Granted, the latest set of GW rules for Chicago appear to be pretty good (and I have played them in privately run tournaments and like them very much).

The problem is there simply are not any tournaments. Any place I have to spend an entire day of travel to and from, or that I have to fly to, is simply not convenient.

I think the plan by FOW to set up an officially sanctioned and tiered tournament system that acts as qualifiers to a national tournament is something GW should have been doing (at least in the U.S...can't speak for other locales) for the past several years at least.