PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Dwarves?

Lord ZaeQ
15-06-2005, 21:35
Will these fat hairy balls ever come back? I miss em....

Yes, I know they are with the Hellcannon, but Chaos Dwarves as an own team?

Any romours or something?

schuba
15-06-2005, 22:58
some posts agoe :)

Lord_Sanguinius
15-06-2005, 23:30
i wish they would come back, its funny to see good dwarfs fight evil dwarfs. but GW said that they arent ever going to expand them and/or put a new codex. which i think is a mistake cause alot of people like them.

Porksta
16-06-2005, 00:42
The fluff though behind them is stupid. Somehow all races become Chaos when corrupted, but not Dwarves?

Kelroth
16-06-2005, 01:18
Natural resistances. Same as how Ogres and Halflings are naturally resistant to Chaos.

Lady Bastet
16-06-2005, 01:40
The strongest evidence for Chaos Dwarfs is in the Grudgebearer thread- the fact it mentions units that do not exist in the current army list suggests their being developed.

PARTYCHICORITA
16-06-2005, 03:09
hope they redo the evil stunties

Sir_Glonojad
16-06-2005, 06:47
There are some rumours floating about redoing CDs as either a standalone army, or an Ally-type army (ie with only those models, who can be used as allies, done, and other choices to be made by the gamer, like in the Cult of Ulric). I believe, though, that there was no official statement on the matter from the Studio. Yet.

BTW, I guess that the Dwarven resistance to Chaos is of somewhat different nature than Ogre/Haflingish. I believe it is based on their resistance to magic, and the fact that they are somewhat older, and more "stable" race.
And, a bit akin to Dark Elves, Chaos Dwarfs will probably be described as trying to ride the tide of Chaos in a (vain) attempt to control it, instead of just getting drown and mutated and etc. like Humans.

Just my 0.02.

Voss
16-06-2005, 07:20
Official speak from various events, like Games Days. Pete Haines in particular, at Baltimore.
"Chaos Dwarves are not currently in development. Something might happen with them, eventually."

Therefor, feel free to ignore current rumors about x, y or z units/abilities/fluff/items/spells/etc.
My reasonably educated guess (based, on, among other things, the 18 month design schedule), is that you won't see chaos dwarves until *at least* 2007.

Traditionally, the dwarven resistance to chaos has partially been the older/stable race thing you mention. Essentially the normal 'background' chaos stuff thats tainted the world from the warpgates over poles doesn't affect them too much. So they don't spontaneously give birth to mutants and whatnot the way humans do. (The resistance to magic, actually is the other way around. Since magic (generally) is the manipulation of the winds of chaos, in a more or less controlled way, their general resistance to chaos translates into a resistance to magic- the slightly diluted/controlled form of chaos). But like anyone else, dwarves of any stripe still mutate when exposed to chaos in its raw state like warpstone, or wandering blithely through the Chaos Wastes.

Lord ZaeQ
16-06-2005, 10:54
After all, Games Workshop have released some Chaos Dwarfs - to the Hellcannon. Maybe that is a sign for "Hey, Chaos Dwarfs will be back...in the future"

I mean, GW once created the Chaos Dwarfs, if they suddenly shall stop to exist, GW must have a reason for that in the fluff. Dwarf clan exodus or something like that.

Well, I hope the evil dwarfs are back soon, until that, I shall show my opponents the true power of the Hellcannon...

Lady Bastet
16-06-2005, 11:22
I would guess that they appear in some form towards the end of next year. I mean nobody saw the Ogre Kingdoms coming. The dates for Wood Elves were also till recently way off in the distant future.

I doubt Games Workshop is going to spend a year adding nothing to Warhammer. Their mention in a Black Library book is no accident.

macbeth
16-06-2005, 13:44
It is true that we have absolutely no clue about what will come after the Wood Elves. I mean, on old Portent, and even here, we generally know one or two books in advance, both for warhammer and 40k. For example, the Tyranid book has just been released, and we have known for long that just after came the Black Templars

In Warhammer, we have absolutely no idea about what will come after WE, and they are supposed to be released only in August (or September, I'm not sure, but that's not the point). I'm sure they will do something before a hypothetic 7th edition which would not come before autumn 2006...

75hastings69
16-06-2005, 13:51
I would guess that they appear in some form towards the end of next year. I mean nobody saw the Ogre Kingdoms coming. The dates for Wood Elves were also till recently way off in the distant future.

I doubt Games Workshop is going to spend a year adding nothing to Warhammer. Their mention in a Black Library book is no accident.

Not only mentioned in the Book, but also in SoC, and heavily in the Fluff of OK, but.......

GW isn't going to spend a year adding nothing to Warhammer. As on other threads in this forum, you will see after WE that alot of armies will be getting new plastics, so that every army will have a battallion box (recent additions HE, Skaven & LM), first up will be dwarfs, which should be out after xmas Black Templars (40k) then allegedly........

.... a "Battle of Maccragge"-alike for WFB, featuring Dwarfs & Goblins (even rumoured to see the return of Goblin Spider Riders - in plastic!), then DE will be getting new units/plastics. After that the details i have gotten from my contacts at HQ are very vague, but rest assured there will be no CD for a good year or two yet (if at all), but there are rumours doing the rounds of HQ at the moment of pre-design work for the evil stunted ones popping up.

I have also been told not to expect any new army books until after next ed WFB. There are numerous projects being worked on at the moment (don't ask how i know, but just hear that I was telling people about Plastic Rat Ogres on these forums - which people didn't beleive - months before they were confirmed), mostly the new plastics for existing races, the Plastic Giant project could also be getting a little bit more attention. But if I could give you four words for the future releases for WFB they would be these..........

............. Dwarfs, but not chaos.