PDA

View Full Version : New marines? But xenos is feeling a little light right now

Herkamer63
11-03-2017, 05:00
As everyone has hear, a new type of marine might be coming. Now it's kinda of cool hearing a new army heading our way, but I would like to see xenos finished up before any new armies come, especially marines. So what is this new marine going to be?

If that's what is to happen, I want to see Thunder Warriors. They would be in guilliman's image, but if they will be nastier than regular marines, bring on something familiar. As of right now, though, we don't know what we're getting. Hastings stuff nowadays I take with salt so I'll believe it when I see it.

Now xenos should really be a focus right now (and maybe even black templars after being screwed, again). Nids are in desperate need of updates. Flying tyrants can wear thin after awhile, so everything from pts to rules is in need for big changes. Orks are in the same boat. A few assault rams here and there, along with something similar to the old mob rule. Also better nobs...need I say more? Dark Eldar just need vect, ravager squadrons, and some updates to rules (not as many as Orks and nids). For necrons: it wouldn't hurt making imotekh better. For a phareon he kinda sucks. Other than that and a few other things, they're pretty good. Finally Eldar...what do they need help with again? Oh yeah! Nutshots, and lots of them: rules, pts, abilities, you name them, and find out they're better than you. And they know it!

Anyway, xenos should be a bigger priority than marines, but if it's marines, give us Thunder Warriors. That's all I got. Thoughts?

The Black Shield
11-03-2017, 05:28
I do not see Thunder Warriors happening. Only 2 Thunder Warriors survived to the time of the Horus Heresy. I'm thinking Custodies.

Felwether
11-03-2017, 09:50
Where are these rumours of new marines coming from? I haven't heard that anywhere.

EDIT: Nevermind, just found the Hastings quotes. Space Marines who are even more Space Marine-y than Space Marines? I'm usually a GW fanboi but that sounds *********** awful.

Rogue Star
11-03-2017, 10:08
EDIT: Nevermind, just found the Hastings quotes. Space Marines who are even more Space Marine-y than Space Marines? I'm usually a GW fanboi but that sounds *********** awful.

Well depending on how they handle it, it could range from terrible to awesome. Remember that as Lord Commander of the Imperium, Guilliman is a High Lord of Terra. Earth/Mars is the repository of the gene-seed tithes, allowing them to control the creation of new Foundings (Chapters can at best, strive to replenish and maintain their numbers). A new founding of Space Marines, re-opening the failed "Project Homo Sapiens Novus" with the mind of a Primarch directing it, could lead to some pretty positive results. We all know Space Marines are not the be all, end all of their genetic potential.

The Black Shield
11-03-2017, 10:16
What if the rumormonger that started all this saw some of the other Custodies units that have not been released yet, and the person has never seen any of the art source material(Visions of Heresy).

Felwether
11-03-2017, 15:35
Just after seeing this:http://www.ozdestro.com/blog/is-this-the-new-space-marine. Can't figure out if it's a kitbash or not.

Voss
11-03-2017, 16:35
Haven't we been down the even more better marines road before? Not really sure how deathwatch turned out, but GK ultimately turned into a joke thanks to the high point cost and limited options.

The Black Shield
11-03-2017, 18:57
There's green stuff around the barrel if you look closely.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

BramGaunt
12-03-2017, 22:15
What if the rumormonger that started all this saw some of the other Custodies units that have not been released yet, and the person has never seen any of the art source material(Visions of Heresy).

Even though he stopped caring (afaik), I think good ol hastings can tell custodes from Marines ;)

Memnos
17-03-2017, 18:02
Where are these rumours of new marines coming from? I haven't heard that anywhere.

It makes perfect sense. Fabius Bile has cloned primarchs, sequenced Sanguinius, Horus, Ferrus Manus, Fulgrim and is the universe's foremost mad scientist master geneticist.

With the universe's foremost expert on genetic matters working for 10, 000 years on something, you can bet that... Wait. This was the Imperium doing this, right? And Chaos doesn't get it?

Well, they do have four guys called Ned working in a basement somewhere, I guess. It makes sense they'd have supermarines first.

BramGaunt
18-03-2017, 18:32
It makes perfect sense. Fabius Bile has cloned primarchs, sequenced Sanguinius, Horus, Ferrus Manus, Fulgrim and is the universe's foremost mad scientist master geneticist.

With the universe's foremost expert on genetic matters working for 10, 000 years on something, you can bet that... Wait. This was the Imperium doing this, right? And Chaos doesn't get it?

Well, they do have four guys called Ned working in a basement somewhere, I guess. It makes sense they'd have supermarines first.

I'd wager a guess that, even though they have more limitations, the Imperium has vastly superior ressources. Good ol Bile on the other hand hase made a lot of enemies even within his own ranks. I'd assume it can slow your work down signigicantly if you are in constant danger of any given number of Chaos Warbands marauding through you and your lab. The Imperium also at least might have direct access to Girlymans's geneseed (allthough I'd doubt the smurfs would be particularily happy if someone entered their Primarchs sanctum with a syringe), which supposedly is the most stable of them, isn't it?

Also, I'd guess if Chaos ever (and I bet it will) gets Newmarines, they'll be either the work of Bile, or demonically infused Supermarines. There's a lot of possibility there to exploit.

The Black Shield
18-03-2017, 19:27
Bile also has unknown numbers of clones of himself carrying on his research.

Rogue Star
20-03-2017, 11:23
Bile also has unknown numbers of clones of himself carrying on his research.

Which is a bit silly, when you stop and think about it. If Fabius Bile can create exact replicas of himself (along with the same equipment? Isn't some of that suppose to be unique?) then he's already succeeded in creating his 'NuMan' - certainly, his stat profile and the like is superior to that of a Chaos Space Marine, even a Veteran of the Long War... why not just churn out a squad of Fabius Biles and deploy them with various equipment? I mean I get that whoever wrote that (and I've heard it enough to believe it showed up in a book) intended to have a scene or something where 'Fabius Bile' dies, then it cuts to a hidden laboratorium where we see another Fabius informing another (or several) Bile that "hey guys, Bile #4 just got terminated"... but when you really put logic behind it, it doesn't work so well.

The Black Shield
20-03-2017, 17:33
It's in the Blood Angels series, Black Tide I believe.

The Black Shield
20-03-2017, 17:36
All of the clones believe they are Fabius Bile. Only the original Bile knows about the clones.

barrangas
03-04-2017, 18:32
How many of those clones got the same brilliant idea though. Fractal Bile.

insectum7
10-04-2017, 17:55
My assumption (and hope) is that the whole Nu-marine thing goes the way of the recently rumored plastic Thunderhawk (which looks like is really just a new resin Thunderhawk from FW).

Maybe there will be some new marine-ey marines. If they do anything of the sort I hope it's just a single squad or something similar and not a whole new faction. I have trouble imagining that they will make a move to replace the existing marine armies.

What I think would be much smarter on GWs part would be if they took this opportunity instead to make a new type of Imperial Guard. Build a more gender inclusive, teched-up human army in some sweet armor and I think it would be money in the bank and overall better for the franchise as a whole. We really (really) don't need a supermarine. But if Guilliman wanted to drastically improve the fighting potential of the human race as a whole, he'd improve the Guard.

That's my hope, anyways. I'll wait and see.

barrangas
10-04-2017, 18:56
I'd like to see that for the IG as well. The Imperium armies really have a Marcoss/Robotech gender divide going on. As for how high tech it could get though, I'm not sure as the IG are kind of locked into the WWI and WWII style vehicles. Change is heresy after all. Even just a female special character would be something for IG. I think for these new marines they'll likely be a separate faction as the way they're rolling out the changes would be a difficult shoe horn into existing SM armies since it's part of fluff rather than hand waving the new additions as being always there. If we're lucky it will hopefully just be a variant on SM, like SW or BA. Then again part of me does really hope they go with all new vehicles too. Rhinos are getting rather boring to see.

My interest will always be with Xenos though, which I agree is something lacking. There are major threats out therein fluff that could easily be added to 40k with out it being a new surprise like the Tau. The Hrud and Khrave, from a discussion I started in the HH section, can go back to the Great Crusade as far as existing threats. If GW wanted to they could even bring back Zoats as a Nid faction if they wanted to go bonkers. Even doing minor factions like Exodites or Kroot Mercs would be nice.

The Black Shield
10-04-2017, 19:58
For me personally, the fact that the plastic Thunderhawk rumor proved incorrect puts doubt on the new Marines rumor.

barrangas
10-04-2017, 21:04
For me personally, the fact that the plastic Thunderhawk rumor proved incorrect puts doubt on the new Marines rumor.

One can hope but they've kind of implied it with Guilleman coming back and looking to build new stuff.

The_Real_Chris
12-04-2017, 08:29
What I think would be much smarter on GWs part would be if they took this opportunity instead to make a new type of Imperial Guard. Build a more gender inclusive, teched-up human army in some sweet armor and I think it would be money in the bank and overall better for the franchise as a whole.

I think too many other companies have nailed that. I have human armies now from all those sedition wars boxes that sold for a song, as well as Mantic marines and if I want to get a bit different kryomek army and even my old plastic mutant chronicles lads. Makes more sense to make something you own the IP to.