PDA

View Full Version : My future Slaanesh army!

Aekold
14-07-2006, 12:31
Here it is. Anything need improving?

2000 Pts - Chaos Army

1 Xul the gloryfied (Chaos Lord) @ 363 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; General; Chaos Armour; Shield
Pendant of Slaanesh
Blade of Blood
Gaze of the Gods

1 Steed of Slaanesh @ [40] Pts
************************************************** ********************************
1 Griffith (Exalted Chaos Champion) @ 172 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; Shield
Armour of Damnation
Sword of Might

************************************************** ********************************
1 Furghal (Chaos Sorcerer) @ 180 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; Magic Level 2; Lore of Slaanesh; Chaos Armour
Spell Familiar
Dispel Scroll

1 Shaarnol (Chaos Sorcerer) @ 190 Pts
Power Familiar

14 Chaos Warriors of Slaanesh @ 275 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; Heavy Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician

1 Champion @ [12] Pts

1 Champion @ [12] Pts

10 Marauders @ 70 Pts
Flail; Standard

10 Marauders @ 70 Pts
Flail; Standard

5 Mounted Daemonettes @ 150 Pts

5 Mount @ [0] Pts

5 Marauder Horsemen @ 95 Pts
Flail; Throwing Spears

5 Mount @ [0] Pts

Casting Pool: 7

Dispel Pool: 5

Models in Army: 73

Total Army Cost: 1990

Neknoh
14-07-2006, 16:52
Interesting list, however, what you might want to look binto would deffinately be some Beastmen to replace one of those Marauder blocks with, they'd make for a perfect addition to this army.

Also, are you sure your lord should have the Gaze of the Gods? I mean, he wants to loose wounds, doesn't he?

Aekold
14-07-2006, 21:30
Ohh neknoh my friend you are right! how deligthful! ^^

Yes the gaze shall be gone. (away whit thee gaze! )

And yes this list is a little test. I really dont know how to play it exaktly. id just ordered some stuff that are cool. So made a list of it. sort of...

So beastmen you say...hmm how should i equip them then? and for what use?

cheers!

Aekold
14-07-2006, 21:31
Ohh if you want. you can always give me some good pointers in the right direction. Cause im really n00b at slaanesh and chaos. Never really played them before.

Aekold
15-07-2006, 00:51
Bump* Really need help ppl. PLZ!

Neknoh
15-07-2006, 05:58
1 Xul the gloryfied (Chaos Lord) @ 363 Pts
Pendant of Slaanesh
Blade of Blood
Gaze of the Gods

1 Steed of Slaanesh @ [40] Pts
Well, first of all, the Gaze should go, his Chaos Armour and T5 should be enough to protect him from any skirmishers and small units he may want to attack at the beginning.

Just remember not to throw him at Ogre SIyed units or fully ranked units on his own before he has at least eight or so attacks on his own.

He should just zip arround for the first few turns and kill small stuff, and then, when he's racked up enough attacks, throw him into the meatgrinder.

1 Griffith (Exalted Chaos Champion) @ 172 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; Shield
Armour of Damnation
Sword of Might

He is fine, however, I'd much prefer just a humble Hallberd on him to keep the cost down, he'll still rip appart any enemy lords sent at him and he should be more than enough prepaired to deal with anything but Treekin and Spirithosts, not to mention that IF the battle gets prolonged, he has 4 strength 6 I 7 attacks, which is just plain evil.

1 Furghal (Chaos Sorcerer) @ 180 Pts
Spell Familiar
Dispel Scroll

Power Familiar

A fairly standard configuration, usually works for me, although, I never take Dispell Scrolls, what you could look into would be the Gaaze Of the Gods for him and a Steed of Slaanesh, he'll get to where he is needed with the rather short range lore, and, it doesn't really matter that he gets a 90° LoS, seeing as it is only one spell which requires it.

1 Champion @ [12] Pts

1 Champion @ [12] Pts

Decent enough I'd say, what could be done would be to remove one Warrior and field them seven wide (will be a very viable option in 7th ed), seeing as with only six attacks, you will not get all too many wounds in, thus, you might want something to support them with other than the Marauders.

10 Marauders @ 70 Pts
Flail; Standard

10 Marauders @ 70 Pts
Flail; Standard

These are fine, one unit could be dropped and you could use those points to get one of your warrior units a Warbanner and that Steed for your Sorceror.

5 Mount @ [0] Pts

Always good, both for taking out smaller units uo front and for flanking units and annihilating them.

5 Marauder Horsemen @ 95 Pts
Flail; Throwing Spears

A Musician would be far more useful than those Throwingspears, if you want shooting, you should bring in Centigors with Throwing Axes instead.

This unit should be both a Kamikaze and a flanker unit, meaning that you should always be prepaired to charge them into a unit just to deal some damage, even if they'd run after the initial charge.

5 Mount @ [0] Pts

Always nice

Models in Army: 73

About the same as my armies usually.

As said, a Beastherd to screen and hunt down Marchblockers with would be the ultimate addition, you might also want to consider getting some Warhounds to do some table quarter claiming and to also act as disturbance. What also could be done would be to drop one unit of Mounted Daemonettes and replace them with a unit of 8 or so Furies to hunt down Warmachines.

Aekold
15-07-2006, 12:03
Well thx =) im a happy chap now. I shall redo the list in a while now =)

Aekold
15-07-2006, 12:07
Ohh how many beast in the beatherd? i mean how many gors? and ungors? thx

Shaman
15-07-2006, 14:54
The one glaring omission and a must have I think in any slaanesh army is the rapturous standard on something if you can find the points. Put it on one of the warrior blocks possibly. There seems to be a lot of points dedicated to characters, maybe drop the exalted and expand the warrior units to 20, or get some hounds and furies as the hounds make good cover from shooting and the furies can just be useful.

There seems to be nothing with the strength needed to take down something big and nasty in short order like a treeman or something similar. I personally like to take Dragon Ogres with light armour and great weapons as they can be a nice threat. Would probably cost a unit of warriors though. If not something with the high strength then maybe a spawn or two as fiends of slaanesh to keep some units from going anywhere while setting up the mounted daemonettes. Those are just my suggestions though.

Aekold
15-07-2006, 17:16
Here is new list!

Unnamed2000 Pts - Chaos Army

1 Xul the gloryfied (Chaos Lord) @ 333 Pts
Pendant of Slaanesh
Blade of Blood

1 Steed of Slaanesh @ Pts
1 Furghal (Chaos Sorcerer) @ 195 Pts
Spell Familiar [15]

Power Familiar

1 Champion @ [12] Pts

1 Champion @ [12] Pts
16 Marauders @ 106 Pts
Flail; Standard
5 Marauder Horsemen @ 93 Pts
Flail; Standard; Musician

5 Mount @ [0] Pts
2 Fiend of Slaanesh @ 150 Pts
3 Dragon Ogres @ 228 Pts
Great Weapon

Models in Army: 67

Total Army Cost: 1995

Aekold
15-07-2006, 17:17
now its more good yes?

Aekold
16-07-2006, 11:33
Like 80 wiews but no anwers. plz. ppl

Neknoh
17-07-2006, 07:03
Det är vad man far sta ut med (Dumma tangentbord som saknar bokstaven före Ä) :P

I like this new list, give us a quick rundown of what you will want to use the units for and how you would take this army down with a balanced army, say, Empire.

Shaman
17-07-2006, 08:33
A better list, still I am not convinced that the sorceror need be on a steed of slaanesh and I think the standard in the mounted marauders is a waist, drop these things and maybe extend the marauders to 20 or get 5 hounds or something.

Shaman
17-07-2006, 08:36
This is the list I have had some luck with, but it depends on what you are trying to achieve, what you will be playing against etc. But I found this list did me just fine.

1 * Exalted Chaos Champion on Steed of Slaanesh @ 204 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh, Great Weapon
Enchanted Shield [10]
Gaze of the Gods [30]

1 Chaos Sorcerer @ 180 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; Magic Level 2; Lore
Dispel Scroll [25]
Spell Familiar [15]

1 Chaos Sorcerer @ 190 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; Magic Level 2; Power Familiar [50]

5 Chaos Warhounds @ 30 Pts

5 Chaos Warhounds @ 30 Pts

15 Marauders with Flails @ 90 Pts

20 Chaos Warriors of Slaanesh @ 400 Pts
Shield; Full Command
Rapturous Standard [50]

5 Chosen Chaos Knights of Slaanesh @ 320 Pts
Full Command
War Banner [25]

6 Chaos Furies @ 90 Pts

3 Dragon Ogres @ 237 Pts
Great Weapon; Light Armour

1 Fiend of Slaanesh @ 75 Pts

Models in Army: 71

Total Army Cost: 1996

Aekold
17-07-2006, 09:27
Well the plan is. To have my big blocks of warriors in middle. Marauders on a side of the warriors. Mý general will sneak and kill stuff. To gain attacks. My demonettes are on a flank. And will support my Warriors once they are in combat. My mages shall roam about, causing havoq to the enemy. (i hope so)
my horsemen is doing the same. support the warriors.

Myfiends are gonna put on the other flank where they shall hopefully reach the enemy. The dragon ogres are in the list for the punch i need. If something is to hard.

Well the tactic is just walk forward supported by spells. My main enemys is Dwarfs. And Bretonnia =/

Lord Markov
24-07-2006, 02:38
One thing I've seen facing Empire (Nuln artillery...) is that cannons rip Spawn apart, even fast Fiends. I'm assuming Dwarf cannons are much the same, so one tactic you might want to try is get furies to screen a Fiend and advance directly at a cannon so the Fiend rips it apart, or put the furies at an angle to protect the fiend from fire until it gets into combat with another unit.

Theadium
24-07-2006, 03:40
Well the tactic is just walk forward supported by spells. My main enemys is Dwarfs. And Bretonnia =/
Dwarfs are my main opponent, and wow... There are two kind of Dwarf players in my eyes (the eyes of slaanesh at least) the smart ones and the dumb ones. The dumb ones go psycho with shooting. "Oooh, I can shoot this, and boom, that and BOOM, my cannon blew up..." But the smart ones are close to unbeatable, static CR... This is the bane to any army. 25 dwarfs in a unit each protecting another. Theres over 100 dwarfs in the games I play. If you opponent is stupid, your army will rape him with speed, if your opponent is smart, you need changes.

I will say Neknoh and Der Lex (I forget his complete name) helped me forge my slaanesh list, and even though my record may say Im not doing to good, I challenge any one else to play this dwarf kid. He has never lost a game... Anyway, here we go...

1 Xul the gloryfied (Chaos Lord) @ 333 Pts
Pendant of Slaanesh
Blade of Blood

This lord is pretty standard, I personally like him, but I love the lore of slaanesh more. The only downfall I found when using him was he only counts as US 4, meaning you cant disregard ranks, which is what you really want when it comes down to it... He would be good with daemonette calvary.

Furghal (Chaos Sorcerer) @ 195 Pts
Spell Familiar [15]

I would drop the steed, sure, you move faster, but a level 2 mage that can be shot by anyone now? Not worth it in my opinion. Mine do fine on foot...

Power Familiar

He's good, standard equiptment. What about the Lore of Shadows though. Unseen Lurker is awesome

1 Champion @ [12] Pts
Call me a crazy fluff junkie, but I field my warriors in squads of 18, and I have never lost all my warriors to fighting (static CR is a different thing...) I find it easy to advance acrost the field and rip the enemy apart. I field them in 3 ranks of 6. Some may caution you it is not wise because of the "optimal configuration" but when the enemy gets some cannons, in my opinion, 14 doesnt do it.

1 Champion @ [12] Pts

:eek: NO CHOSEN? Chosen are the universal sign of death for any army going against them. I cannot tell you how much my chosen have done for me, and they are close to 500 points, which may not float your boat (18 models, rap standard, full command, 2x hand weapons, shields) but they sure as hell kill stuff in the game. Of course there are those games where they decide to run the last turn making the game a draw instead of a win... :cries:

16 Marauders @ 106 Pts
Flail; Standard

Why have 16 when you could get 20? I have found 20 to work better. But this is all up to you in the long run. I have told my opponents every game, the marauders will kill you, but they dont listen. What do they shoot at? The chosen... Then my 32 marauders come and kill stuff. I warned them...

5 Marauder Horsemen @ 93 Pts
Flail; Standard; Musician
I give mine a musician and flails, then run them into battle, I have yet not made thier points back this way, and they are cheap. The standard may not be worth it cause they'll lose it when they run...

5 Mount @ [0] Pts
Never used these chicks, wanted to, but too expensive. I see these girls as an ultimate finesse part of the army, 5+ ward, yet fast as hell. Just make sure you strike the back of units if you want to do anything with these guys. (For thier cost you could get 10 furies, which I have found to be awesome. Just some advise)

2 Fiend of Slaanesh @ 150 Pts

These guys were in my original army, I loved them, I was upset when I had to give them away. I love how you never know whats going to happen.

3 Dragon Ogres @ 228 Pts
Great Weapon
For that many points, i would rather get a Mutant Monstrosity (they always make thier points back, even if not reaching the enemies line. They take cannon balls away from my army, WOO!)

You said somewhere that you wanted an army moving up while spells screwed the enemy up. Well let me tell you this, spells do nothign against dwarfs. I have about... 10 dice and I get about 1 spell off a turn, 2 if Im lucky. The dwarfs are evil like that, my friend has 7 dispel dice and 2 scrolls. UGH, I hate the fact that my magic army gets halted by stunties, but I dont dare to take another mage in fear of being called cheesy.

Models in Army: 67

Total Army Cost: 1995
Not bad at all. I think you should fit some chosen in there by taking out the ogres, but other than that, minor changes should make this good list into a dwarf crusher. Make sure you know if your opponent is smart or stupid before you play him/her of course, cause it could make your game easy or harder. Also, just for laughs, take a cheap chariot. When it gets blown up first turn from a cannonball and he starts cracking up, laugh at his face. Tell him he missed killing 138 points of chosen and instead killed a 110 poitn chariot that will do nothing. He'll say, "Oh, only 18 points" but turn 4 comes rolling around, He'll wished he had shot the chosen. Just my advise. Good luck with them!