PDA

View Full Version : Games Day OZ mini and the date for Golden Demon OZ

hood_oz
15-06-2005, 23:20
Have just gotten the date for Golden Demon Oz, and it seems to be the 22nd Oct.

The bonus being you can get the Games Day miniature when you buy entry packs...
Dont know prices yet, but more info will be in the July WD for OZ. (yet to be released, and no I dont have a copy just yet)

Seems they are going for Local, regional, state, nationwide rounds. So the eventual winners are going to have to be something pretty special.

Unfortunatly for me, and I was REALLY looking forward to entering the comp, it falls on the exact day of my wedding, and I dont think I can say, 'honey, if you dont mind, I am just dropping my miniature off for judging, we can do the whole wedding thing some other time.'

Oh well, it will have to wait till next year.

At least we can get the mini and not have to bid for it on ebay...

Inquis. Jaeger
16-06-2005, 00:47
Is it the Space Marine Vet model, the same as the UK?

Cypher
16-06-2005, 08:01
I assume so. Games Day has been cancelled in Oz because the country is too big to make it worthwhile. That and the fact that GW Oz always seemed to think holding Games Day right before end-of-year exam time was a good plan to get the 15-30 age range in. :rolleyes:

Which is good, because I might actually get to enter GD this year (Im not a great painter, but tanks I can do).

Im guessing entrants wont have to be around for the whole event: more than likely local GW stores will host the local events, with nationals being a "you've won a trip to Sydney (at your own expense) kind of thing".

The Judge
16-06-2005, 19:14
The Space Marine veteran is good - but I haven't seen any other models for the GD, i guess it's him.

hood_oz
16-06-2005, 22:55
I assume so.

Im guessing entrants wont have to be around for the whole event: more than likely local GW stores will host the local events, with nationals being a "you've won a trip to Sydney (at your own expense) kind of thing".

Yes, its the SM Vet. Same as everywhere else.

won a trip to sydney? no, I thought they were going to simply send pics or courier the models. I may be wrong, but I thought it was not going to involve any major travel by anyone. I was under the impression the trophy award presentation would be done at the local GW store...

Unless someone has a insider knowledge of the details from next months Oz WD?