PDA

View Full Version : Brace of Pistols

shadowprince
16-07-2006, 03:24
Ok I am starting a DoW army and I saw this but can't find rules for it.

Gorbad Ironclaw
16-07-2006, 05:33
Nothing much to it. Just means you have two pistols for close combat(currently). Supposedly they will be getting multiple shot next edition(but lose the combat punch).

TheWarSmith
16-07-2006, 07:27
They don't get multi shot currently?

A pistol is range 8"(or is it 12"?) S4, armor piercing(-2 save total)

in combat they are 2 hand weapons that still are S4 and armor pierce.

Festus
16-07-2006, 08:09
Hi

They don't get multi shot currently?
Nope, sorry: You may only shoot once per turn, regardless of the nuber of missile weapons you carry or how many attacks you have.

The exception are weapons with the rule *multiple shot*, whcih allow you to shoot twice or thrice. Like Repeater X-bows, repeater handhuns and pistols, slings, etc.

Greetings
FEstus

ZomboCom
16-07-2006, 09:58
For Shooting - no difference between 1 pistol and 2.

For Combat - With one pistol you gain 1 extra S4 Armour pierching attack. With a brace, ALL attacks count as S4 Armour piercing.

Note that these both only apply for the first turn of combat. After that they count as a hand weapon.

The rules for braces of pistols are rumoured to be changing significantly in 7th edition.

shadowprince
17-07-2006, 06:08
how do the Ogre Maneater's brace of handguns work,is it just like pistol but with a better range.?

Death3965
17-07-2006, 06:13
there pistols are as follows
range: 24 strength:4 pistol,armour piercing,2x multible shots

Xavier
17-07-2006, 06:41
Maneaters and indeed characters with the brace of handguns can use them just like pistols, with the multiple shot exception and in combat use them for +1 attack at strength 4

shadowprince
17-07-2006, 07:28
wow Maneaters get something like. Base attacks of four, two of those used as a pistol which count as two each, and then two normal attacks.

Keller
17-07-2006, 16:01
wow Maneaters get something like. Base attacks of four, two of those used as a pistol which count as two each, and then two normal attacks.
Correct, Maneaters do have 4 attacks and gain 1 more for the additional weapon, a pistol in this case. However, Maneaters are S5, but taking the Brace of Hanguns makes all of their attacks S4 AP in the first round, actually making it harder to wound. Luckily, subsequent rounds of combat they get their S5 back for all 5 attacks. Atleast the BoH is good against Bretonnians, keeping the same -2 armor save but not improving their ward.

Atrahasis
17-07-2006, 18:28
However, Maneaters are S5, but taking the Brace of Hanguns makes all of their attacks S4 AP in the first round, actually making it harder to wound.

They could of course just use their ogre club and one of the two handguns.

shadowprince
17-07-2006, 18:56
woops, I miss calculated its a totla of 7 attacks, which about equas out. 5 base attacks with 2 hand weopons. The handguns use two of those for a an extra two attacks that 7. Or would all five attacks count as a repeater handgun and each one does another attack. In that case it would be ten 5 normal attacks, each one get an extra attack.

ZomboCom
17-07-2006, 19:34
woops, I miss calculated its a totla of 7 attacks, which about equas out. 5 base attacks with 2 hand weopons. The handguns use two of those for a an extra two attacks that 7. Or would all five attacks count as a repeater handgun and each one does another attack. In that case it would be ten 5 normal attacks, each one get an extra attack.

You've got entirely the wrong idea.

Maneaters have 4 basic attacks.

With a brace of handguns they have a total of 5.

You can't combine an extra hand weapon with a brace of handguns.

The maximum attacks they can get is 5.

shadowprince
17-07-2006, 20:12
yes but I beliave they are repeater handguns I might be wrong so wouldn't that then double the attacks.

ZomboCom
17-07-2006, 20:18
yes but I beliave they are repeater handguns I might be wrong so wouldn't that then double the attacks.

No, they are not repeater handguns. It is a brace of handguns, which has it's own rules. In combat it just counts as a brace of pistols, so it adds 1 attack.

shadowprince
17-07-2006, 20:26
k, sorry I misread the rules to say a brace 9f repeater handguns, my apalogies.