PDA

View Full Version : Bret "Verdant Heart" Query.

Jedi152
17-07-2006, 11:56
Ok, so there's a bit of a discrepancy about what the item actually does. The exact wording is as follows:

"Any wood or forest that the bearer is within counts as very difficult terrain as long as the character remains wholly within the terrain feature. In addition, the bearer gains +1 to cast spells from the Lore of Life."

Now then: I read this as you get +1 to cast Lore of Life spells all the time, even if you are not in a forest, whereas the Army Builder description has it as you only get the +1 while in forests.

Which one is correct? Obviously i take the army book as correct, but it's wording is a little obscure. To avoid any arguments that it might cause, which one would you think is correct? +1 all the time, or only in forests?

Thanks in advance.

T10
17-07-2006, 12:27
Obviously the definition is obviously incorrectly quoted in Armybuilder and represents someone's impression of how the item works.

It seems to me that the item has two separate effects - the order in which they are stated may cause some confusion, but I would consider this to be an equivalent phrasing of the effects:

"The bearer gains +1 to cast spells from the Lore of Life. In addition, any wood or forest that the bearer is within counts as very difficult terrain as long as the character remains wholly within the terrain feature."

In short - the character gains the +1 regardless wether she is in a forest or not.

-T10

Edit: Typo

Jedi152
18-07-2006, 07:46
Aha. Thankee kind sir. I suspected as much, just wanted to make sure i wasn't misreading the original entry.