PDA

View Full Version : favourite confrontation army

Lord of Change
18-07-2006, 12:24
hope this poll works, have no idea how to make one but hey.
could only include 10 of the armies but hav tried to make it quite general.

generulpoleaxe
18-07-2006, 13:43
i currently use a small alchemists warband but slowly building up an orc warband.
oh, and a fianna warband as well as wolfen and devourer warbands.

to be honest i like the look of all of them.

Cpt. Drill
18-07-2006, 13:52
Where Are Goblins!!!???

jazzdude78
18-07-2006, 20:45
I agree

Goblins are sweet in conf cause you get so many different themes pirates ratknights samurai and of course mutants

though I do like the Behemoth Orcs and the ALchemists

and lets not forget the Ophidians

dancingmonkey
19-07-2006, 09:58
tis a trick decision. I have just got into the game, despite owning a few bits for four years now. thats warmachine and confrontation in a one year period, as my GW figs sit in boxes and cry themselves to sleep as I ignore them :) I voted orcs, (as in goblins! they are so damn sweet.) but I am currently trying to decide what to work on.

I've got the initiation pack, and am going to get hybrid soon, so a Driz army would be sensible, or Wulfen, but the goblins really rock in my opinion, but the evil dwarves are cool too, and the undead have some funky models, ah evil decisions!

Lord of Change
19-07-2006, 10:01
not enough room for all armies, already explained that.

Disco
20-07-2006, 11:01
Ophidians all the way. Snakeman with a musket, lead us to victory!

A neutral shade of black.
20-07-2006, 18:29
Cynwall elves.

Unfortunately, they suck so badly I had to drop them and won't ever touch them again (they're designed for Rag where they're almost overpowered - thanks a bunch, Rackham). Instead, I've reverted back to my original love, Dirz Alchemists - and not the cheesy list variant either (I play horde Dirz with a souped up Sykho, and the only big things I have are two old Kheratis to serve as his bodyguard and one muta Tiger because I <3 the model).

The Judge
02-08-2006, 17:19
Drunes... why has no-one else voted for Drunes? Such dark imagery... puts the Alchemists to shame.

Senbei
02-08-2006, 17:33
Gobbers >_>

Oberon
02-08-2006, 18:11
Cynw&#228;ll elves. Absolutely Gorgeus models which got me in confr. in the first place. Yes they are few but so 1337 it's almost fun to play with them. :)

Nurgle
02-08-2006, 20:32
I (almost) had them all, exept Lions, Wolfen and Sessairs.

But my favourites, and so the only armies I still play - are the dwarfs of Mid-Nor and the alliance of the Ophidian. Since none of them appears in the poll I won't vote.

I started both of them with the first appearance of french models and since then I bought every Miniature of those two armies at least once.

Sadly, my buying time is over and I hope my best friend can keep up buying for me as long as I'm gone.

Modern_Angel
03-08-2006, 09:24
Mid-nor Dwarves all the way here. Cthuluesque posessed blue skinned midgets with big swords , what is there *not* to love! :p

Working on getting a decent 400ap list for confrontation then going to expand the army into Ragnarok when finances permit.

Grinner
06-08-2006, 06:06
Cadwallon, so I guess they fall under Dogs of War but that is actually different.
Drunes, orcs and griffons rule too!
Missin' a few armies on the poll options BTW; Cynwall and goblins (as mentioned), Behemoth orcs, Cadwallon, Ophidian, MidNor, and Sessair kelts.:)

lorcan
06-08-2006, 07:22
Devourers of vile tis, there is just something about huge wolves armed with huge weapons that does it for me.

Lord of Change
03-09-2006, 13:05
Missin' a few armies on the poll options BTW; Cynwall and goblins (as mentioned), Behemoth orcs, Cadwallon, Ophidian, MidNor, and Sessair kelts.:)

for the 3rd time, there isnt enough room for all the armies

Rabid Bunny 666
03-09-2006, 13:19
Alchemists of Dirz, just started (again) and have 3 Guardians of Danakil painted and i am converting my Thissan Ka today.

Wraithbored
03-09-2006, 16:56
Lions of Alahan, Alchemists of Dirz, Wolfen, Devourers, Cynwalls, the list includes every army except dwarves.

Rabid Bunny 666
03-09-2006, 17:46
And Goblins ;)

erion
03-09-2006, 20:09
I love the lions, but I also have Acheron and Dirz forces in the works, and a small number of Griffins thanks to Hybrid and Nemesis.

Epicenter
05-09-2006, 11:49
My first love has always been the Sessairs, though I had to put them down to play Lions. Sessairs were a little...overpowered...in the last edition, imo. (They were also such a delightfully fast army to play games with. I overrun you my tide of screaming savages ... or you kill all my morale units and my army scatters like a bunch of cockroaches when you turn on a light. Either way, it's over fast.)

This edition, though, I'm really struggling with them - I'm not sure if it's the nerf to the Sessiars they did or if everyone I'm playing against has gotten better (ie; stopped playing Dirz), but I don't win nearly as often as I used to. This makes me very happy and I've picked them up again.

I'm also a big fan of the Lions (yes, Red Lioness, I will finish your filagree someday), though I don't really have enough models painted to field an army yet (any suggestion on army composition?).

Cynwall's nice, but one of my better friends is already playing them so none for me.

And I'm thinking of getting into an "evil" army just to have an "opponent" army when my opponent plays a "good" army. I'm thinking Orphidians, even though they remind me of something from that "Dark Crystal" movie.

Darwin_green
06-09-2006, 09:34
I fell inlove with the wolfen pretty early on. Until I saw the rest of the Devourer line. Mainly, I didn't get into them at the time beucase they were still new.

It wasn't until I got the howling pack that I became admant with wolfen. Finnally a theme I can stick with, "wolves in the city".

Though soon with the release of the daikanee elves, they will be my second faction.(i've picked up some griffons, but they're mostly for demos)

The Judge
08-09-2006, 21:58
To be honest, it was the Cynwall and Alchemists that turned me to Rackham, but the Drunes have such horrendously dark background I just had to vote for them.

laucian_meliamne
14-09-2006, 04:46
I'm a Cynwall fan myself. I haven't played the game yet, but I have a small force that I'm planning on using against my friends sometime soon. I've always been a big fan of Elves in any setting, and the Cynwall models are just amazingly sculpted.

Luke
14-09-2006, 10:01
Hmmm, interesting poll here. Originally I voted Drune but after painting some of their minis and feeling they had this whole Chaos thing about them I decided instead to order some Dwarves of Tir-na-bor as they look like they have a lot of funky character. Plus its a bit different from the raft of slender filigree covered posers the other races seem to be full of.

So I have some khor warriors and some kind of insane hero on there way to me right now.

HalfEvil333
15-09-2006, 02:03
Devourers of Vile Tis. Who doesn't love giant wolves in leather and plate mail? The Huntsmen and Eclipsante have to be my favorite models out of the line.

Morathi's Darkest Sin
15-09-2006, 12:00
Lord of Change I dig the 10 poll limit, but the 10th option could have been 'Any Other army - explain below' ..

Anyways I haven't actually played this yet.. I'm stilll undecided, but I love the models and often find myself pondering over the figures in Indepedents (and reccently on their site - yeah I know it's only a matter of time) and my faves from browsing are the Lions of Alahan just for that stunning Red Lioness figure.

However i have just been on the site after being off for a while and are those DaiKinee elves new, cause if they are what they look like, Evil Elves.. damn Rackham may have just sold me.

Luke
15-09-2006, 13:00
they look more like woodies to me, and they have this whole beetle vibe going on also which I think is particularly awesome.

Morathi's Darkest Sin
15-09-2006, 15:33
Yeah on second glance you are probably right, shame.. but I'm still considering it... the undead kelts look cool as well.

edit - just downloading the version 3 rulebook.. Aren't they nice folks at Rackham letting you have the rules for free... anyways.. in the backround text there does seem to be an Evil Elf race.. just can't see any models for em yet... Akkyshan Elves.. sounds like a Drow inspired force which is no bad thing.