PDA

View Full Version : New blisters in german WD

rkunisch
16-06-2005, 12:29
Hi folks,

just got the german WD 115 today. It has a list as well as some pictures of new released blisters. There are some very interesting new variants:

- Legolas (mounted)
It is a new mini (not the one with Gimli) with Legolas using his bow (what have you expected :p) while in full gallop
- Théoden (on foot)
Never saw that mini before. He has a round shield and his sword lowered
- Isildur (mounted)
Not much to say, but the mini looks great. :cool:
- Celeborn (on foot)
Not the one from the blister with Galadriel, but the one from BGiME (wearing armour, with sword/spear and shield).
- Aragorn (on foot)
The one from the army set
- Gothmog (on foot)
The one from the army set
- Sharku (on foot)
He is okay, but nothing spectacular
- Boromir (on foot)
The one from BGiME (with sword and shield)
- Faramir (on foot)
The one from BGiME (with armour and sword)
- Suladan (on foot)
I don't like him (neither the mounted one) :mad:

It is a pity that WarSeer rules permit to scan this WD pages. :(

Have fun,

Rolf.

Evisss
16-06-2005, 19:15
Well they have been rumours ages ago that these blisters would be released.
Do u have any idea when they will be released?

rkunisch
16-06-2005, 19:23
Yeah, I know the rumours, but these are facts - even with pictures. ;)

They are listed in the GW Germany Online Store (http://de.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.de?do=List_Models&code=301290&orignav=16) for a July release.

Have fun,

Rolf.

Sniper Kelly
16-06-2005, 23:35
Do you know if they are to be released on their own or as part of mounted/dismounted two-packs?

Thanks,
Sniper Kelly.

Brandir
17-06-2005, 09:10
Not at the moment - but I suspect in the next few years we will be able to buy individual minis.

rkunisch
17-06-2005, 09:44
Do you know if they are to be released on their own or as part of mounted/dismounted two-packs?
In the WD they are listed only as mounted/dismounted two-packs.

Have fun,

Rolf.

Sniper Kelly
17-06-2005, 09:46
Ah, thanks Rolf!

Brandir
17-06-2005, 15:05
WD307 (UK) has the following release schedule:

30 Jul (advance order from 18 Jun):
Legolas on foot & mounted
Aragorn on foot & mounted (King of Gondor)
Aragorn on foot & mounted (Ranger)
King of the Dead

6 Aug (advance order from 25 Jun):
Sharku on foot & mounted
Lurtz & Grishnakh
Ringwraith on foot & mounted

13 Aug (advance order from 2 Jul):
Isildur on foot & mounted
Haldir & Celeborn (armoured versions)
Éomer on foot and mounted
Éowyn on foot and mounted
Dwarf Lords Dain and Balin

20 Aug (advance order from 9 Jul):
Gothmog on foot & mounted
Theoden on foot & mounted
Gamling on foot & mounted

Baggers
17-06-2005, 20:26
Baggers says, click this link for photo goodness (http://www.thelastalliance.com/index.php?pid=view_replies&thread_id=36489&forum_id=1)

Forgotmytea
17-06-2005, 22:50
Forgotmytea says :eek: :) :D . I love the Faramir & Boromir models - Theoden's good too. Personnaly, though, I don't think Suladan looks too bad. Sure, he's leaning like he's drunk, but that may just be the photo... :p

-Forgotmytea

Shadowheart
19-06-2005, 09:23
Nice stuff. Saves people from having to convert models, and at the same time it gives those that like converting more models to work with. Sucks when you already have the mounted models though, or will these be available seperately too?

I'm disappointed with Suladan, with that mask and the cape he looks like an old b-movie or comic villain to me. Celeborn looks good, but I don't understand why they made him like this... he ought to have wargear similar to that of the Elves that fought at Helm's Deep, his own army. I suppose Celeborn would have fought in the Last Alliance too, but you'd be much more likely to use him in a scenario based on a battle from the War of the Ring.

Baggers
19-06-2005, 13:35
I thought the idea was that the armour the elves wore at Helms Deep was to show them in thier decline while the armour shown in the last Alliance was to show them in the full bloom.

Brandir
19-06-2005, 14:52
Baggers, you are right. The designers made that point.

However, in the LOTR: Weapons and Warfare film tie-in book by Chris Smith the armour worn by the Galadhrim was different and in fact a 'Sindarin refinement of the Noldorin design'.

Shadowheart
19-06-2005, 17:42
I thought it was the colours that were supposed to give the spring/summer of the Last Alliance armour versus the autumn of the Helm's Deep armour. The wargear itself ought to be just as good if not better in effect.

Anyway, what I meant to say is that while Celeborn (and his people) probably did fight in the Last Alliance and would have worn the kind of outfit that this mini does, you're unlikely to use Celeborn in a Last Alliance scenario. Rather, you'd use him to represent Celeborn at the end of the Third Age when Lothlorien comes under attack, and then he wouldn't be wearing clothes that are thousands of years old, but rather the armour that his people have made for themselves more recently.