PDA

View Full Version : Available at GD UK 06

75hastings69
19-07-2006, 12:22
Hi everyone,

The following items from the new O&G range will be available at GD UK this year, better take plenty of cash!!!!!!! (prices are in pounds)

O&G army box 145 contents not yet clear
O&G army book 12
O&G battallion 50 = 20 Orc Boyz, 20 new Night Goblins (inc netters etc.), 10 new NG Spider Riders, 1 Orc Boar Chariot
Orc Warboss kit
Orc Shaman
Goblin Warboss on Wolf
Goblin Heroes
Night Goblin Heroes
Night Goblin Regiment
Spider Riders
Orc Arrer Boyz (these are metal and 2 to 3 per blister - after GD they will be Direct Sales only)
Goblin Shamans
Skarsnik and Gobbla

Hope that wets your appetite!!!

Steve

tzeentchgiant
19-07-2006, 13:38
Ork Arrer Boyz (these are metal and 2 to 3 per blister - after GD they will be Direct Sales only)

Steve:eek: I thought arrer boyz were plastics (ATM anyway), why the change?

TG

P.S, you spelt orc wrong ;).

Kodamas
19-07-2006, 14:18
Do you know the prices for the characters?
Might pick up a few of these. Already have the army deal ordered so it will either be another one(dependant on contents) and a battalion for me.

Although I hate having to carry stuff about all day.

Echos

75hastings69
19-07-2006, 14:30
:eek: I thought arrer boyz were plastics (ATM anyway), why the change?

The Plastic Arrer Boyz sprue is being dropped from the battalion box (replaced by Spider Riders) as the sprue was not available for purchase outside the battalion box it is to be discontinued. That's not to say there wont be plastic arrer boyz in future :) but at the moment you will have to either buy up a few current battalion boxes or wait till the DS only metal arrer boyz are released.

P.S, you spelt orc wrong ;).

No I didn't (quickly sneaks back and uses the edit button ;) )

UltimateNagash
19-07-2006, 14:30
Definately getting some of that Orc bits. I need them for starting me Orc and Goblin army (see my website for more details)!
Where did you get the info from?

75hastings69
19-07-2006, 14:34
Do you know the prices for the characters?

Believe that Skarsnik and Gobbla will be either 12 or 15 pounds. Blisters of heroes/shamans etc. around 6 - 7 pounds.

Although I hate having to carry stuff about all day.

I am guessing by that statement that you will be in attendance? Will your brother or sister be going?

75hastings69
19-07-2006, 14:35
Where did you get the info from?

I am a font of knowledge! Just trust me.

cookiescrumble
19-07-2006, 15:16
Would love to get the Army set, but won't be far past GD anyway.

BlazeXI
19-07-2006, 18:54
Hi,

any news Hastings on the Army Deal limited figure?
EDIT 1:As I have around 6000 points of unpainted Orcs & Gobbos this it the only tempting mini for me at the moment (after I will buy Skull Pass and one NG regiment).
EDIT 2: and those goblin characters (on common goblin picture, but looking Night Goblin)

UltimateNagash
19-07-2006, 18:56
Hi,

any news Hastings on the Army Deal limited figure?

It's going to be a Standard Bearer, like every single other army deal since the Empire Army Deal. I know I'm not who you asked, but that's probably the best answer anyone can give you until far nearer the time...

BlazeXI
19-07-2006, 19:01
It's going to be a Standard Bearer, like every single other army deal since the Empire Army Deal. I know I'm not who you asked, but that's probably the best answer anyone can give you until far nearer the time...

I did suspect that :evilgrin:. But would it be an Orc, a Goblin or (best option) a Night Goblin? There will be an Orc BSB if you take a look in the Rumour Roundup made out of plastic Warboss Kit, so a (night) goblin would be great. Bestdes I already have two of the old one:).

Grontik
19-07-2006, 19:02
Speculating ... would this mean that they have good things in store for the Arrer Boyz? As it is now, I don't know of many who use them but I really like the models. Making them skirmishers would be cool ... and would help them sell the blisters. I can dream ...

75hastings69
19-07-2006, 19:15

Not strictly true, OK got a "Bruiser" not a BSB.

But you are correct in as far as the Ltd Mini is indeed an Orc BSB (or so I have been told) ;) .

UltimateNagash
19-07-2006, 19:16
Not strictly true, OK got a "Bruiser" not a BSB.

But you are correct in as far as the Ltd Mini is indeed an Orc BSB (or so I have been told) ;) .
Really? Didn't he carry a banner at all? Oh well, it's not like Ogres are a real army anyway:D

75hastings69
19-07-2006, 19:22
Really? Didn't he carry a banner at all? Oh well, it's not like Ogres are a real army anyway:D

No, he carried a brace of pistols and was festooned with pistols and a shotgun on his back, pretty obvious that he was initially intended to be a maneater.

I was told some time ago (over 8 months) that the O&G box would NOT have a Ltd Mini but 2 of the Warlord kits (1 to make a Warlord, the other to make a BSB) but it seems now that this was either wrong or has been changed.

Steve

The Dark One
19-07-2006, 19:27
i'm glad it's changed i will be getting the army deal and i would want a lim editon model or i really can't see a point in getting the army deal but that could just be me

cookiescrumble
19-07-2006, 19:27
The mini is the fanatic, isn't it??

The Dark One
19-07-2006, 19:28
The mini is the fanatic, isn't it??

that should be seperate

75hastings69
19-07-2006, 19:55
The Fanatics (2 NGs holding a 3rd NG Fanatic) will be direct sales, NOT the army box mini.

Reabe
19-07-2006, 20:59
I was told some time ago (over 8 months) that the O&G box would NOT have a Ltd Mini but 2 of the Warlord kits (1 to make a Warlord, the other to make a BSB) but it seems now that this was either wrong or has been changed.

Didn't the sprue have enough to make a Warlord AND a BSB? I'm sure it did, if the Warlord didn't take a great weapon.

75hastings69
19-07-2006, 21:40
Yeah it does but I am led to beleive the theory begind the 2 box idea was that with 1 box you could make the Mounted Warlord and a Foot Character, then the other box would allow you to make the BSB, I have just been assured though that this idea is NOT going ahead, there WILL be a Ltd Ed mini in the Army Box, and it is "more than likely" an Orc BSB that has been spotted around GW HQ.

BlazeXI
01-08-2006, 20:23

Looks like we all were wrong. Instead of an Orc BSB there will be an Orc Shaman (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44176) as the limited Army Deal mini. It is better visible in the rumour roundup - a pic from Moscow GD as I recall. This is not their best mini, so GW made it limited :evilgrin:. Lucky I did not list my second ORC BSB and can paint one as ordinary and the second as Black Orc.

Zodiac
02-08-2006, 07:55
well seeing the current models i wont be buying the army set just for the ltd ed mini =/ which was worth it for the old orc banner bearer.. it just owns