PDA

View Full Version : Imperial research stations?

masecase
19-07-2006, 14:54
Severals codexes mention imperial research stations. This seems to imply, that the Imperium is doing research on engineering on its own. It could again be a way of GW to let fans interprete their own version of the Warhammer 40k universe, but it clearly implies it.

Does anybody know of technology forged by the Imperium and not by the Mechanicum?

schoon
19-07-2006, 15:41
Those Imperial Research Stations are typically operated by AdMech personnel, so I'm afraid that their existence really doesn't change things...

Sai-Lauren
19-07-2006, 16:12
They're also looking at various things - like Anphelion was trying to study Tyrannids to be able to fight them better.

But this notion that there's no advances is wrong. There is progress in the Imperium - in terms of speed it may be overtaken by the average glacier ;) , but it does happen.

Promethius
19-07-2006, 16:53
I would imagine it is as much reverse-engineering recovered archeotech as true innovative research.

Khaine's Messenger
19-07-2006, 17:06
This seems to imply, that the Imperium is doing research on engineering on its own.

They do research (Rune Priests are even encouraged to *gasp* speculate)...just through the paradigm of R&D that has been handed down to them for ten thousand years. Which means STC, personal artifice (the birthplace of a thousand heresies and the cause of a million audits), and a rather conservative attitude.

Does anybody know of technology forged by the Imperium and not by the Mechanicum?

Most (approaching all) of the stuff used Imperium-wide is Mechanicus-manufactured.

nurgleman
19-07-2006, 19:06
I think I remeber some corporate things ended up being used by the Imperium.

Some guy (UK)
19-07-2006, 19:53
The stations are also used for monitoring Warp activity- to predict storms, and possible attacks by Chaos.

Later, Some Guy

Minister
19-07-2006, 20:10
Although these would be monitor stations, not research stations.

Some guy (UK)
19-07-2006, 21:16
Missed out/ inteded to imply that they researched the warp at the same time to. Woops. :D But yeah, you're right about those.

Later, Some Guy