PDA

View Full Version : [BFG] Best Imperial Battleship Hull

ReDavide
21-07-2006, 03:07
I want to get myself an Oberon-class battleship. Yes I know there are BB's out there that carry a bigger punch. But I like the Oberon's fluff and tactical concept, and it will hardly ever be played with, so its effectiveness doesn't matter much.

Now, the Oberon doesn't come in a box, so I have complete freedom in choosing a hull to convert one from.

But I've never actually seen an imperial battleship outside of the rulebook. I have no idea which one looks best. I can look at pictures in the rulebook, but the Vengeance-class grand cruisers have taught me that the rulebook illustrations don't always portray the ship's appearance accurately.

So, what hull is the prettiest? The Retribution, the Emperor, or the Apocalypse?

ArtificerArmour
21-07-2006, 11:35
I like the retribution personally, although the apocolypse has a voss pattern prow and the retribution has torpedo launchers.

USABOB
21-07-2006, 12:03
The apocalypse for its voss prow look. Or the Emperor, because the oberon has 5+ armour all around and has +1 Leadership because of sensors on the prow and the Emperor model fits the probes/less armour look.

fracas
21-07-2006, 23:32
the retribution is a beautiful ship

Wraithbored
23-07-2006, 01:45
I have to vote emperor class too IMHO it's closest to the Oberon class

ReDavide
23-07-2006, 04:03
The Emperor & Retribution appear to have some sort of golden bridge decoration. What is it? Is it the same on both models?

USABOB
23-07-2006, 04:10
The Emperor & Retribution appear to have some sort of golden bridge decoration. What is it? Is it the same on both models?
It is one of 3 random decorations (that I know of). One is an eagle, another is an angel with its wings swept back holding a sword, and the last one is an angel with its wings open and holding a sword and a shield.

Getz
23-07-2006, 12:02
I would go for the Emperor Class as it gives you the probes an Oberon should have, but the Apocalypse and Retribution are both prettier

ReDavide
23-07-2006, 16:05
I would go for the Emperor Class as it gives you the probes an Oberon should have, but the Apocalypse and Retribution are both prettier
Yeah, I'm more concerned about looks than WYSIWYG. Probes are easy to convert.

Getz
23-07-2006, 16:15
The the Apocaylpse hull is the way to go... It's the purdyest of all.