PDA

View Full Version : Ravenwing

Latro_
22-07-2006, 20:34
Just wondering. Is there a 'reason' the ravenwing decided to keep their armour the original black or is it just another cock up like the whole dark green thing was in general.

Twisted Ferret
23-07-2006, 05:33
I like that "normal" Dark Angels use Dark Green. :confused: One of my favorite colors, and besides - black is so overused. :D

Wintermute
23-07-2006, 09:00
Yes there is a reason, which at the moment escapes me. However, what other colour would the armour be when you have the word 'Raven' in the title?

Latro_
23-07-2006, 09:33
Thats what one of my mates said, Then again you do see many
Yellow fists hehe.

It's really bugging me now, Can't find the fluff anywhere!

librerian_samae
23-07-2006, 10:48
I beleive it is somthing to do with a pre herasy battle honour, but then again I could be wrong, as i don't have access to any of my old books at the momment

etham
28-07-2006, 19:03
I was wondering about this, too. I don't think I've ever seen any real fluff on the Ravenwing. Deathwing has all kinds of stuff, to the point that things get confused (remember a period when the theory was just 6 all-white terminators), and you can find general DA fluff here and there, but nothing on Ravenwing.

Why are they called Ravenwing?
Why are they black?
Is it just because of the name or did the name come from the color?
Did the second company just refuse to change their armor?
Why are they so keen on mobile gear?

Lord Dante
28-07-2006, 19:08
I think in the original box set of Deathwing for space hulk there was story based around Indians in terminator sutis who fought some nids - after the battle they painted thier armour white?

Or have I just got loads of stories jumbled up in my old brain?

Hideous Loon
28-07-2006, 19:31
No, Dante, that's correct, pseudo-Native Americans in Terminator armour fought a Genestealer cult and, in remembrance, painted their armour boney white. As to why the Ravenwing are black, I haven't the foggiest idea.

Latro_
28-07-2006, 19:49
I got my mate to check the old Angels of Death codex:

"Instead of the usual dark green panoply of the rest of the chapter, the ravenwing's vehicles and armour are painted jet black, and it is this which gives the company it's unique name."

So... no answers there. Dark angels are a really popular list with many hardcore fans i'm suprised know one knows when the RW are black or if its because of the above no one has kicked up a fuss about it.