PDA

View Full Version : Any IA articles about Space Marine Chapters aside from Companies?

Captain Optimus Metallus
23-07-2006, 17:46
Just wondering if there're any Index Astartes articles which tell one about the other stuff that makes up a Space Marine Chapter, aside from the Companies. The Chapter Fleet, for example. The Chapter Master's Household, the Forge, and other similar stuff would also be interesting to know about. I'm especially interested in learning about the Chapter Serfs, and all the various duties they perform (like, apparently, crewing the Space Marine ships). So are there any IA articles out there of that sort? Thanks.

Mother_Mercy
23-07-2006, 21:51
Apart from them being mentioned in the Chapter Organisation in IA 1 and the 3rd ed Space Marine Codex, I don't believe there is any information on exactly *how* the non-combat personel within a Chapter functions.

SisterMordagg
24-07-2006, 05:50
As far as I can tell, serfs do everything the marines don't. Excepting things like servitors and navigators.

Space Wolf serfs seem to be washed out wolves and their descendants. Washed out being not good enough to event start the implants. Other chapters would have other recruitment routes.

Mechanicus
24-07-2006, 08:55
I don't know where I heard this, so feel free to dismiss it, but I remember mention of a Forge Ship for the Space Marine chapters. I got the impression it was one per chapter, but as I said, I can't remember where I heard this.