PDA

View Full Version : Mech Warrior ("hero clix") Any good?

GreatWolf
17-06-2005, 03:47
Has anybody played MW from the makers of Hero Clix?

Is it any good? Ive never played any of those games.

Im thinking I might like Hero Clix better. Dunno.

Thoughts, comments, opinions?

Goblinardo
17-06-2005, 03:54
*raises hand

The fluff is good, and the minis look nice, but it has that damn "take actions with a unit 2 turns in a row and it takes damage" rule that I think does not fit in that scale (now, if it was some sort of operational-level game...) Still, I've had a blast playing it.

The Rover
17-06-2005, 04:10
Used to play it, for about 2 weeks. It wasn't waht I was expecting... I wanted Classic Battletech with repainted models and played a bit faster, and I got Vehicle-Warrior. Mechs were next to useless. Though I heard it has since been revised and mechs got a power boost. I will stick with the Classic Battletech, I won't be buying anymore clicky games

RooieKazooie
23-06-2005, 11:18
Check out some views here (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/3864)

Broadside
10-07-2005, 17:28
i play mech warrior dark age its fairly good. But the mechs do get hammerd by the tanks and infantry for some reason.
i have a lot stuff thats spread over 3 box 1 mech 1 tank and 1 for infantry the models are nice but a little fragile.
The game has been updated so mechs are more use but havent played the update yet but i do wanna try it.

Deathklaat
07-11-2008, 21:12
i played this when it first came out, it was fun and the whole collectability of it was a bit meh, im also not a fan of the super fast and sloppy prepaintedness, so i started to repaint mine with GW paints. i have a whole Land Raider Crusader box full of the stuff that i never touch.

Lithian
07-11-2008, 22:25
I like it, lots of fun. :D

If you like combined arms games, you'll like it. If you're expecting it to be like CBT where it's assault & heavies all day every day, you won't. :evilgrin:

Havock
08-11-2008, 00:41
Isn't it CBTfor dummies? :p

Senbei
16-11-2008, 03:36
Isn't it CBTfor dummies? :p

It's CBT for people who failed the dummies school entrance exam.

Hicks
22-11-2008, 16:33
I playd both at some point and I have to say I found heroclix to be a much better game. Mind you this was like 5 years ago (when my Nightcrawler was worth $100), powercreep might have ruined both games by now.