PDA

View Full Version : Advice for a New Lizardman

Psyrex
24-07-2006, 01:39
I'm looking for advice for a 500 point army; I'm new to the game and play at initiate night at my local gaming shop. So far I have a battalion and a salamander, I am also thinking of getting a few skink priests and a scar veteran.
Any help would be much appreciated :)

Ivan the Terrible
25-07-2006, 20:39
Sounds like a good start Psyrex, Kroxigors are also great. At 500, your main problem is how to afford everything you want!

Rikkjourd
26-07-2006, 18:12
Since you are new to the game I recommend to try out different lists on your own. It will help alot to actually use them to understand how they work. Other than that I recommend you to browse the Tactics forum and try the search function. I know there is a ton of 500pt lizzie lists around here. Good luck!

Luke
26-07-2006, 18:21
Just starting with the lizards myself, but I can tell you that Skinks rule. Saurus are in general, quite poor despite what many say. To get the most from them you really need to give them sacred spawnings and shove a character with them.

Go for a Skink army, damn fun to use and annoying as hell for your opponent. Especially if (like me) you get your ass whupped everyday by dwarves, empire and elves.

Voltaire
26-07-2006, 18:40
My advice would be to practice, because practice makes perfect.

fubukii
26-07-2006, 20:21
I think saurus are amazing ocmbat troops if supported properly, and given a spawning or 2. I would try them out as in 7th edition the all skink army is getting toned down a bit.

Atzcapotzalco
26-07-2006, 20:33
As a southlands player, I feel I should say a word of caution concerning the all-skink army-yes they are a fast army, but they are also one of the most fragile armies around, with a low toughness value, bad leadership, and slightly too expensive to match the numbers of a genuine horde army. Their shooting is also a lot less effective than many would have you believe-short range and mediocre BS don't go well together at all, and even with the poison they are only S3. Saurus could well provide at least one or two token solid combat combining good toughness and leadership with a few ranks and a standard.

Salamanders are really best in packs, preferably of 3, so a couple more of them would be a good idea, but maybe expensive for 500 points, espescially given that, like skinks, they are a fragile unit. Skink priests are another large points sink I've found to be of dubious value-with limited points the scar-veteran seems a better and more reliable choice.