PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about Future HE?

Finallis
24-07-2006, 03:07
I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the future of the High Elves in the 7th ed. like when the new line and book is coming out?

StalkingHammer
24-07-2006, 04:08
Not for a long time.
Sorry I cant be more helpful but I wouldnt expect them for atleast 3 years.

75hastings69
24-07-2006, 09:46
I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the future of the High Elves in the 7th ed. like when the new line and book is coming out?

Yes ;)

Not for a long time.
Sorry I cant be more helpful but I wouldnt expect them for atleast 3 years

Erm, actually well before that timeframe, some models are made already (like a new cavalry box that allows you to make all possible HE cavalry).

Sorry I can't go into more details at the moment. Let's get O&G, Empire & VC out of the way first ;)

Odin
24-07-2006, 09:56
Wow, it'd be fantastic if they did release High Elves again soon. Might shut up all the whingeing HE players. I suppose that's a bit optimistic.

Takaratie
24-07-2006, 10:07
Wow, it'd be fantastic if they did release High Elves again soon. Might shut up all the whingeing HE players. I suppose that's a bit optimistic.

Im not an HE expert but they could use some minor tweeks I guess, played against them and with a little work on them I think alot can be made right (again im not an expert in HE stuff)

Like change the roll for your leader rule or what ever its called, its not like HE do Rock Scissor Paper when a leader must be chosen ;)

(BTW good to back again :) )

Takaratie

Baindread
24-07-2006, 10:56

Yeah, High elf players generally whine more than other players :rolleyes: :eyebrows:

I would love to see HE and DE get new books fairly quick after O&G, Empire and VC. After all, they deserve it most if you look a the time they've been out.

The Dark One
24-07-2006, 11:33
the high elf cav box might only be for the next summer campagn like the 40k stuff this year,

Originally Posted by Odin
Wow, it'd be fantastic if they did release High Elves again soon. Might shut up all the whingeing HE players. I suppose that's a bit optimistic

they only moan because they can't win and can't use there army, i have thought high elves and played as them and they are a very hard army, great magic, spearmen fight in 3 ranks, rtb. the only thing that could do with a change at the moment is archers going down a point or 2. officly this might change in 7th ed but i can't comment about it untill i play some games with it.

sorry about my rant but it anoys me when they moan about it continuesly

Avian
24-07-2006, 11:36
That's enough, people. This is the "News and Rumours" forum, not the "Complain About High Elf Players" forum.

- The Moderators

Yasmin
24-07-2006, 13:18
Yes ;)
Erm, actually well before that timeframe, some models are made already (like a new cavalry box that allows you to make all possible HE cavalry).

Sorry I can't go into more details at the moment. Let's get O&G, Empire & VC out of the way first ;)

My jaw falls down.
Yes, yes, yes.

But, all cav choices from a single box? I imagine Helms and Dragon Princes, but Ellyrians?

But still that's a damn good info.

Gorbad Ironclaw
24-07-2006, 14:25
Not for a long time.
Sorry I cant be more helpful but I wouldnt expect them for atleast 3 years.

Actually, I would think that at around this time next year we will be looking forward to the HE release.

Finallis
24-07-2006, 15:41
I don't complain about anything I do well with my army (one of the few) i think since I started 2 years ago ive won 2 local tourneys and can kick the crap outta all of my friends armies, but i cant wait for the release that is fo shizzle

sodapopinski
24-07-2006, 18:50
@ 75hastings69: Why dont you tell us more? you know, its cool to know things others dont, but what`s wrong with sharing long-term stuff??
(ok maybe accuracy or zealous sources :angel: )

I just want to know more!!! :cries: hehe

Gorbad Ironclaw
24-07-2006, 20:45
Because sharing stuff early might mean people get into trouble and won't be telling anything in the future? Plenty of times people know something way before they can tell anything about it. Especially in an open forum such as Warseer.

The Dark One
24-07-2006, 20:55
Because sharing stuff early might mean people get into trouble and won't be telling anything in the future? Plenty of times people know something way before they can tell anything about it. Especially in an open forum such as Warseer.

thats right i knew all about the ork big mek model 2 years ago but couldn't talk about it. things people are just finding out about now like the orc hero set, new night goblins i have known about for a least a year, if i told you lot about it before i got the all clear i could get in a lot of trouble, so i talk about stuff already being talked about

ekxw
24-07-2006, 22:26
yeah people have to protec their works so its better to know something and keep for yourself, not posting pics or so. that its industrial spying you know and you cant do that

75hastings69
24-07-2006, 23:10
@ 75hastings69: Why dont you tell us more? you know, its cool to know things others dont, but what`s wrong with sharing long-term stuff??
(ok maybe accuracy or zealous sources :angel: )

I just want to know more!!! :cries: hehe

Exactly for the reasons that Gorbad Ironclaw posted, plus as it goes so far into the future that it is bound to change quite significantly, and I would rather give the news a little at a time that way it is more accurate, and also it keeps a bit of excitement for future rumours (i.e. if i posted scheduled releases up till 2009 by the time we got midway through 2008 most people would have done the rumours to death and there wouldn't be as much interest in it).

Steve

Dargon
24-07-2006, 23:41
Erm, actually well before that timeframe, some models are made already (like a new cavalry box that allows you to make all possible HE cavalry).Dear GOD! Can it be... GW have finally figured out after all these years how model barding seperate from the horse:p .

That will be one very interesting plastic set to see, as there is such a dramatic difference between the three High Elf cavalry choices.

Just a thought...

Emmo-X
26-07-2006, 10:52
I've noticed in the last year or so theres been more people complaining about complaining high elf players then high elf players complaining about high elves.

But now i'm complaining about people complaining about high elf players. So why doesn't everyone stop complaining.

It will be very interesting to see a high elf cav box set. Although i love the current DP models.

Thank you 75hastings69 for sharing as much as you did (i think you told us to much)

I actually love a surprise and would love it if all GW new releases were kept completely secret (for example walk into your local GW or IR and see BFSP on the wall with out knowing anything about 7th ed coming out). I would have a heart attack it would be like 3 birthdays in one.

Cheers
Emmett

ekxw
26-07-2006, 11:14
uhmm tumors are good for the company its a cheap way to sell your products so i think they are interested in a few rumors to be spread for making people speak about them.

Emmo-X
26-07-2006, 11:22
true it is good for the company.

Sorry for not making it clear that me liking surprises was just an opinion i wasn't suggesting they shouldn't tell anyone about new-releases. It was just one of those (if the world was run according to me statements)

Cheers
Emmett

Intrepid Adventurer
26-07-2006, 16:43
I for one would prefer a complete rewrite of the HE book, not a revamp. More like what they did with the Wood Elves. Especially the models don't do justice to the race, I think.

So if it takes a while to get them right, like the WE, I would be fine with that.

Morskittar
26-07-2006, 17:09
I for one would prefer a complete rewrite of the HE book, not a revamp. More like what they did with the Wood Elves. Especially the models don't do justice to the race, I think.

So if it takes a while to get them right, like the WE, I would be fine with that.

I think High Elves and Dark Elves would both benefit from the WE treatment. It makes sense to me that all elves should be the most special rule heavy armies in the game: even for basic troops. Any given elf should be flat out more skilled (in a creative and interesting fashion) than the equivalent in another force.

ekxw
26-07-2006, 17:56
I think High Elves and Dark Elves would both benefit from the WE treatment. It makes sense to me that all elves should be the most special rule heavy armies in the game: even for basic troops. Any given elf should be flat out more skilled (in a creative and interesting fashion) than the equivalent in another force.

basicaly you paid uch more for a elve than for a human so it have to be better and not in parameters than arent used at all

The Dread King
26-07-2006, 20:07
high elves are fine as they are
i thought this was a rumour forum it seems to become more about moan about high elves than rumours of high elves at the moment

Crazy Harborc
26-07-2006, 20:10
All the Elves should be ground into powder and flushed:evilgrin: All Elf players should be required to play Dwarves or Gobbo armies.:D A JOKE okay.

I have hopes of a revamp/rewrite. I don't want to go back to 4/5th editions each army was the best/better than the rest till the next army came along.

asura
26-07-2006, 20:13
which special character will be redone for HE ?

Dargon
26-07-2006, 23:35
which special character will be redone for HE ?75Hastings69 has revealed in another thread that there will be a new High Elf Dragon - that's a pretty strong indication that that there will be a new incarnation of Imrik, Dragon Prince of Caledor.

Just a thought...

samw
27-07-2006, 01:18
I thought there was gonna be a plastic dragon combo box to make all the species, or is that bunkum?

Gorbad Ironclaw
27-07-2006, 05:07
No, that should be about right. At least there will be a new plastic dragon with the High Elf release, no idea what extra's it comes with.

I think there were also some work done on a metal dragon, but it's not to be released, at least not by GW.