PDA

View Full Version : WD307 (UK) Wood Elf Review

Brandir
17-06-2005, 09:58
Received WD 307 (UK) this morning and there is a 4 page spread reviewing the new Wood Elves and showcasing a number of the new models. There is a good image of a unit of Wild Riders of Kurnous, described as the King of the Wood's personal guard .

Overall they are described as capricious and unpredictable, the Wood Elves have been likened to a force of nature - neither truly good nor evil, for Athel Loren has no need of such notions.

Can I wait?

No.

But at least I will be able to order the Army Set tomorrow morning!

Odin
17-06-2005, 10:04
Sadly I won't be able to get my subscription copy for another two and a half weeks, cos it get's delivered to my parents' house and they are on hols.

So, what are the wild riders like when they're in focus?

Brandir
17-06-2005, 10:57
They look OKish, but not as wild looking as I was hoping for.

Forgot to mention what is in store for WD308:
Force of Nature - learn how GW updated the arboreal cousins of the High and Dark Elves.
Death in the Trees - The Wood Elves rally to defend their realm from an Orc invasion.

And the back cover of WD307 is very good. A mini diorama of two Wood Elves sneaking up on a Bretonnian Knight praying at a small woodland chapel.

Keravin
17-06-2005, 11:04
Well that means I'm getting 308. Don't need to get 307 because the previews here have been enough :)

Brandir
17-06-2005, 11:14
Gw have also set up a Wood Elf teaser mini site:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/woodelves/teaser/

And I have just put in my advance order for the Army Set.

Lab Monkey
17-06-2005, 12:01
They're saying something about the Wild Riders being so weird.. and 'not really elves'... but what ARE they really? :S

watcher
17-06-2005, 13:38
awakining of thier lord mounrted upon the swiftest of steeds

is orion mounted?

Lady's Champion
17-06-2005, 14:24
No Orion is not mounted he's just very fast!