PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Heresy Eldar

Virus
25-07-2006, 09:48
During the Great Crusade, how did the Eldar react?

I thought of this whior reading Horus Rising, the interex say that the Eldar tutored them on the threat of Chaos. I had always assumed that so soon after the fall the Eldar would have just stayed out of the way of other races whilr Craftworld culture was established, but Horus Rising left me unsure.

Sir_Turalyon
25-07-2006, 09:57
They were mostly fleeing and adapting to universe that suddenly became hostile because of the Fall. For the Eldar everything that happened then - quieting of warp storms, great crusade, emergance of Imperium and Horus Heresy were just side effects of the Fall. Reacting to Horus Heresy was one of ways of adapting. Advising humans against chaos might be another one. Given their arrogance, they might be fighting humanity over maiden worlds during great crusade if they thought they had a chance of winning.

TheSanityAssassin
26-07-2006, 06:23
They obviously fought the Emperor from time to time, Loken or one of the Luna Wolves mentions something about them in Horus Rising. It also mentions in Codex: Eldar that Eldrad apparently warned the Emperor of Horus, but was ignored....

Indrid Khold
26-07-2006, 07:07
Loken and Horus himself mention the Eldar (both are very complementary of their ability, which I was pleased to see) and yeah, there's the old drag about Eldrad warning the Emperor.

I imagine they went along much as they do now, fighting for and against humanity as it suited them. I can't imagine that they were at all happy with the Heresy, though. That was major bad news for everyone.

Kymar
26-07-2006, 13:07
I can never remember where its from, but I've always like the quote "We did not fight for your Emperor, we fought against Horus."

As Sir_Turalyon said, the Eldar were reacting to Chaos threats, it didn't matter that it was happening to a few hairless apes.

Brother Othorio
26-07-2006, 15:12
I can never remember where its from, but I've always like the quote "We did not fight for your Emperor, we fought against Horus."

ditto! but wasnt it actually: "We do not fight for your Emperor, we fight against Horus!" (suggesting it was an old EPIC quote)