PDA

View Full Version : Wild Riders from White Dwarf 308

Lady's Champion
17-06-2005, 14:29
Well here's a picture of them and whoops I meant 307

Am I actually allowed to post this? If not sorry please stirke it from the record I'm not certain

Anyway, they are in WD307 in Uk and there is text to the effect that only when Orion is awake do they rampage, the rest of the time they are quiet and watchful

Also for your interest the already seen Way Watcher Champion is up in Sneak Peek

http://uk.games-workshop.com/sneakpeeks/warhammer/default.htm

Apparently people are having problems with the thumbnail- if you want to see it, e-mail me at robpgpickles@aol.com

Zeb
17-06-2005, 14:41
Looks good! I might have wanted shields for the riders...

And you have a proper reference so i think your safe. :)

Keravin
17-06-2005, 14:45
Nope. Think I can live without those figures too. Especially if they are tied to the Jolly green Giant.

Odin
17-06-2005, 14:52
They really don't look very Wild to me. I was expecting celtic style spiked hair and woad. Still, I'll probabaly get a small unit.

Zeb
17-06-2005, 14:55
I'll probably cut of the swords and put shields from the plastic Beastherd on instead, and I'll be getting a load anyway....

Odin
17-06-2005, 15:03
Looks good! I might have wanted shields for the riders...

I think the idea is that Wood Elves don't use shields at all (probably too cumbersome, especially in woods). Not as cumbersome as a 12' banner pole, but still pretty awkward. The swords are there cos they get 2 attacks in any turn they didn't charge.

Squirrel
17-06-2005, 15:04
Why do they have an illeagal wepon arrangement? on horseback or even just mounted you can't use two hand weapons!

Zeb
17-06-2005, 15:05
Yepp, I know that... But I'll try to make them look good instead of getting the rules perfectly visible. And the plasic shields is one way to go, to improve the looks.

Specal Rules for Wild Riders 2 attacks in the seccond round of combat.

Odin
17-06-2005, 15:11
Why do they have an illeagal wepon arrangement? on horseback or even just mounted you can't use two hand weapons!

It's difficult to use 2 weapons while on horseback, so you can't normally use it. But Wild Riders can use 2 weapons, it's called special rules, most armies have a few of those. ;)

thalamus
17-06-2005, 15:41
interesting that the horses have got horns. and i like the way, how the musician sits on on the back of his horse.
i like them all muahahaha....

75hastings69
17-06-2005, 19:39
hmmm........ "wild" riders you say eh? They dont look very wild. I know that pretty much everyone is going to disagree with me on this, but i just think the more of these WE i see the more i am sure i made the right choice by opting to miss a new army (for the first time since Tomb Kings!) and wait for the new Dwarfs.

Sure some of the models are good, some i would even say were great (Dryads & Glade Guard), but the rest.... well let's just say they're not great (I preferred old style waywatchers).

Lady's Champion
17-06-2005, 20:24
Yea they're a bit pants aren't they? If I had them I really would give them glowing red eyes- I think it's the paint scheme that does it

PARTYCHICORITA
18-06-2005, 00:09
I can't see the wild riders? is there a photo somewhere?

Zeb
18-06-2005, 07:47
The first post in the thread has a small pic. Click on it and you'll see...

Galonthar
18-06-2005, 10:20
The first post in the thread has a small pic. Click on it and you'll see...

and what if there isn`t a pic any more??

Nazguire
18-06-2005, 11:16
and what if there isn`t a pic any more??

Then obviously you won't be able to look at it.

I am quite a fan of the new not static horses. So fluid looking and fit looking. Like a REAL Elven Horsie

amagi
18-06-2005, 11:23
Yeah why's the picture gone?
I checked a few other threads and all thumbnail boxes are empty, even recent posts
...I'm confused and frightened...
Must have constant supply of new WE pictures...

Cpt. Drill
18-06-2005, 15:06
. Not as cumbersome as a 12' banner pole, but still pretty awkward. The swords are there cos they get 2 attacks in any turn they didn't charge.

Are we not forgetting the best weapon in lustria... pikes!? (They get to skirmish tyhen rank up when charged and strike first with 20+attacks!)

sorry a bit of subject... i like the wild riders individually but together they look a bit messy!

Lady's Champion
18-06-2005, 18:44
The picture is back again now guys at least on my computer

Galonthar
19-06-2005, 08:16
euhmm...

still no thumbnail.... :(

Lady's Champion
19-06-2005, 08:22
Well I can see it- if you want it that bad email me at robpgpickles@aol.com and i will send it you! *yes, really)

Sir_Glonojad
19-06-2005, 08:25
After viewing the source of the page, theoretically, the link to the picture is:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=447
But it still doesn't work... and none of the other attached images do :(

Sylass
19-06-2005, 08:30
I think this error is connected to Nick changing the max. upload size for files during the WarSeer logo submission. Now that it's changed back to the old restriction, the attachments with a bigger size are filtered or something. Just a guess.

I'll try to talk to Nick about a possible fix...

risK
19-06-2005, 10:15
http://svg02.hgkz.ch/WE/WildHunt.jpg so here ya go...

Sir_Glonojad
19-06-2005, 10:26
Oh, thanks a lot, now we can return to the discussion!

Well, I don't know.
They do look nice, and these horse-heads are nice too, especially when compared with the half-masks some standard horsies have :rolleyes:, but I think some of the models look two-dimensional really, especially the one in the right of the front rank (to the left of the picture) and on the left of the back rank (on the right side of the picture). Both arms are on the same "plane", and look a bit like some 3rd or 4th edition models, not fitting finely detailed (poorly casted...) modern models.

sulla
19-06-2005, 11:37
When I see the detail of those models I really want GW to start on some plastic Dark riders for my evil elves...

Alman
19-06-2005, 12:19
I agree, they, to me, are one of the worst units (model wise) in the new army. Although rules wise they sound good. They're not a patch on the wardancer, but at least they ain't surfin' their horses!

Neknoh
19-06-2005, 13:25
Are you sure on that?

Now you have given me an idea here

warsmith
19-06-2005, 14:00
just dun know why the model of wild hunt is a forest spirits...........

Lady's Champion
19-06-2005, 14:25
Nice one risK thanks- that'll save me doing loads of e-mails!

Rabid Bunny 666
19-06-2005, 15:38
i like the horses but not the riders

m1s1n
19-06-2005, 17:43
So. . .the horses have horns on their helmets?

There really do seem to be a lot of domesticated animals in this "one with nature" army. I'm down with the whole "we are friends with our four-legged companions" thing, but wouldn't the Warhammer PETA object to the use of saddles and reins?

boogle
19-06-2005, 18:24
has everyone got their UK WD Sub by the way?, don't seem to have gotten mine yet (usually get it on the Friday or Saturday before its due out)

Tancred II von Quenelles
19-06-2005, 18:59
I think the idea is that Wood Elves don't use shields at all (probably too cumbersome, especially in woods). Not as cumbersome as a 12' banner pole, but still pretty awkward. The swords are there cos they get 2 attacks in any turn they didn't charge.
Heroes can have shields.

Lady's Champion
19-06-2005, 19:15
A lot of people haven't got their White Dwarf yet Boogle, I don't know why, something to do with dispatch

Galonthar
19-06-2005, 19:22
great work RiSK & SYlass,.. thx alot

and also you lady`s champ. for be willing to send it.. ;)

and now back to the units... :evilgrin:

Okeeeeeejj now..... these things are weird

I like the horses, but the riders?, nah they don`t have the same "OMFG :eek: -" level as the core units,.... now I think of it,... do any non-core or character models look that great?
- treekin; not really great (allthough I do like the "frenzied" look),
- waywatchers; I they still wore their old clothes, I would have preferred them, - treeman; I think it is the lord one I saw,... but that one wasn`t really great either,...
- and now the wild hunt....hmmm.... depends,...maybe a other colour choice and a few added bitz would make it nicer... I do hope you can choose the angle of the lances yourself!!(I want to give them a "charging" feel)

only the wardancers seem to be really much better that the old ones :(

Lady's Champion
19-06-2005, 20:24
They aren't very wild they should be all other worldly don't you feel??
Although Galonthar I do like the treekin now that I have seen a unit (see the Rumour Roundup)

Avian
19-06-2005, 21:11
I think some of the problem is that since the unit consists of metal riders, and you don't get a lot of variation (probably something like 4 different models + command), they will look more "regimented" and less "wild" than the normal plastic Glader riders, not good for what is supposed to be a "Wild hunt".

risK
20-06-2005, 08:31
I do not picture them with helmets. I see wild hair, with woven sticks in the form of horns and vines in it. The body should be tattoed all over. No capes! But maybe some other furry bits.

But then again. I'd be too surprrised, if every WE model would be the way, I imagine them...
;)

Lady's Champion
20-06-2005, 11:33
Actually avian it's worse- there will be 3 models and command!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nazguire
20-06-2005, 11:35
The wild riders are how I expected, just not enough stuff to make them feral enough. Some tatt's (those this can be painted) and some thorns etc would have been coolio :D

Galonthar
20-06-2005, 15:56
Actually avian it's worse- there will be 3 models and command!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well then... I fear that the only reason I`ll buy these troops, is because they are powerfull.... and I prefer to buy units because they`re great models

Xxcha
20-06-2005, 16:33
Im going to make mine into centaurs, i believe that this will make them look wilder.

cardbard_alex
20-06-2005, 17:46
I will be converting the warhawk riders using the almost kneeling wild rider on page 3 of the new UK WD. Just bend to legs a bit, and reposition the spear so it's pointing forewards and there you go, kneeling warhawk riders.

Cheers Alex.

Galonthar
20-06-2005, 20:32
Im going to make mine into centaurs, i believe that this will make them look wilder.

damn good idea!!!!
(only I wonde how you want to realize that.. :eyebrows: )

Xxcha
21-06-2005, 09:17
Now that I'v said it i realise how hard it is going to be. Im pretty sure its going to need alot of green stuff.

Quetzl
21-06-2005, 10:03
Wow! They look a lot like the Eternal Guard, nice pics.

Sylass
21-06-2005, 10:17
Now that I'v said it i realise how hard it is going to be. Im pretty sure its going to need alot of green stuff.
Some time ago I converted a unit of Centigors from the old unarmoured horses and Gor torsos. Wasn't as bad I expected, but it's still a bit of work, yes.

Not sure if it would work with the Elven steeds and WE torsos. I fear the WE torsos would be too small to fit to the horse bodies...

Xxcha
21-06-2005, 19:16
I agree, the normal horse bodys would work but i fear that thi would look out of place with the rest of the army.

Neknoh
21-06-2005, 19:26
mmmm.....

Wardancers and Eternal Guard surfing their horses in a real Wild Hunt

Ądrooling with head leaned back and tounge hanging on one side while making gurgling soundsĄ grahh