PDA

View Full Version : Uruk-hai scout with two handed weapon

Killshot
27-07-2006, 00:50
I remember seeing this figure a while ago and it was totally dismissed, now I see it again here:

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/lotr/tt/extras/preview/1.htm

Is he some sort of Uruk-Hai scout character or something? I don't see him on the preview models either.

It is a fantastic model and I think it comes from the Fellowship where the Uruk is about to smash Merry and Pippin and Boromir grabs the weapon in mid-swing and kicks the Uruk in the groin.

primarch16
29-07-2006, 15:23
Looks like a conversion done using the Ork two handed model.

Mars
29-07-2006, 22:31
It does have the same pose as the Orc models...

Also note the Dundeling Banner Bearer. I'm pretty curious about these guys (looking for something to go with my Goblins).

Shadowheart
30-07-2006, 04:32
Ah yes, the Uruk-hai who missed the "alive and unspoilt" condition in the Uruk-hai's mission statement. Probably because he was off trading in his standard issue weapons for the axe.

If it's a conversion it's a damn fine one, so I'm guessing it's not. Maybe it wasn't suited to production for one reason or another (like the fourth Mordor Uruk-hai). It seems like now would've been the ideal time to release it, if they'd wanted to. I'd really like to have it though.

The Judge
02-08-2006, 10:19
I really hope they do release it - and it is part of the Uruk equipment list, so why not?

Odin
02-08-2006, 12:02
I really hope they do release it - and it is part of the Uruk equipment list, so why not?

Not for White-Hand Scouts it isn't?

Gondorian
02-08-2006, 12:22
On the subject of two handed scout weapons,
The latest white dwarf says that the new Uruk hero Vraska or something similar has a new experimental weapon designed by Saruman. Looking at the model it looks like a very finely balanced crossbow with elegent blades on each side.
I get the feeling that this new crossbow is going to count as an elven blade in hand to hand.

Shadowheart
02-08-2006, 12:34
Oooh... ûber. (That's a Middle-Earth über) I suppose if you accept that Saruman had designed crossbows, he could pimp this guy's crossbow. But I don't think finely balanced or elegant fit with the Isengard style... crude but effective and nasty to look at are closer to the mark.

Yes and no... Isengard's Uruk-hai warriors (of either variety) can't carry double-handed weapons, but their captains can. So this guy would have to be a captain, which would fit with his position in that picture.

Messiah
02-08-2006, 13:32

There is actually a uruk scout in the two towers with an axe, attacks the hobbits and Boromir fends him off iirc..

primarch16
02-08-2006, 18:42
Boromir dided in the fellowship, so how could he defend two hobbits? I think you mean the first film.

Killshot
02-08-2006, 19:18
There is actually a uruk scout in the two towers with an axe, attacks the hobbits and Boromir fends him off iirc..

Yeah, that is the Uruk I was refering to in my first post. The model is in the same pose as the one in the film.

Primarch is correct though, it was the first film.

Kyte
06-08-2006, 11:00
I think it's the metal uruk-hai scout 2 model
(http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=9947146200302&orignav=16)
With the hands from a plastic mordor orc and a blade from a wildman of dunland, or from the conversion sprue, maybe plasticard...

- Kyte

skuller
08-08-2006, 10:47
messiah is right but in was on the fellowship at the very beggining of the fight the fisrt uruk hai to descend from a hill is carrying a two handed axe. this figure was named uruk hai champion on the LOTR combat hex game. So probably if Sabertoothgames did release it then GW is doing the same

Messiah
08-08-2006, 13:40
Yeah, sorry, got the timing confused there..