PDA

View Full Version : Starting a Sisters of Sigmar Mordheim Warband

Quin 242
27-07-2006, 13:45
Going with:
1 X Matriarch w/ sigmarite hammer/steel whip/ sling + Holy book. She rolled the Soulfire prayer which affects all enemies w/in 3" on a 9+ so she needed the help.
1 XAuger w/ sigmarite hammer/steel whip/ sling
3 X Sisters superior w/ sigmarite hammer/steel whip/ sling
and one sister
1 X Sister w/ mace/steel whip/ sling

So I KNOW that it's a small warband that will suffer from bottles but they have excellent equipment and might get a few bonus experience points for such a low warband rating. I figure take them all in a group instead of spreading out and slinging things to death w/in 9" anything left gets charged with all those hammers. The Steel whips act as spears too (bonus) so if they get charged they are set to cause havoc as well.
First GC's will go to another sister or two. maybe some helmets...

whatcha think?

loony
27-07-2006, 15:36
Forget the equipment. Numbers are better with these girls. As long as I used them (nowadays I'm a beastmen chief) my strategies were much like the skavens'. With six WOmen you can be easily outshot, and also the prayer is not chosen by you. It's random at the start of the campaign. And if you're fair you roll for it at the start, when the others can see it.

Forget that whip. Use sisters and novices (mostly sisters) with hammer and sling. Thats a well average girl (for a human), with two weapons - dagger and hammer - for only 30 points. I'd go this way if I would resurrect the team again.

And why do you buy holy tome? Just to spent 120 gc? That's enough for 4 girls as I mentioned before...

Ravening Wh0re
27-07-2006, 22:48
I think numbers will help greatly too.
If you want a punch then give every hero a Sigmarite Hammer and free dagger. Arm with slings if you like.
The Matriarch is similarly armed, but with perhaps a holy relic for that early bottle test/ fear check.
Auger works quite well with a Steel Whip. Keep in mind that the whip has different rules in the revision than in the original book print. I think it's a lot better now.

A group of 5 simarite sisters would be nice. You just need to arm them with hammer and dagger.

Take max heroes to have best chance of high money

Quin 242
28-07-2006, 02:27
... the prayer is not chosen by you. It's random at the start of the campaign. And if you're fair you roll for it at the start, when the others can see it.

I'm well aware that it's random. I.e. I stated "she rolled..." I'd MUCH prefer the healing hands one that works on a 5!! But you gotta take what you get
:(

Forget that whip. Use sisters and novices (mostly sisters) with hammer and sling. Thats a well average girl (for a human), with two weapons - dagger and hammer - for only 30 points. I'd go this way if I would resurrect the team again.

The steel whip adds +1 attack and provides "Strike first" (For Ravening
Wh0re.. that is per the new rules for them) So you can get 3 attacks a turn with a steel whip with an A stat of only 1. :) HOW is this bad again? OH AND the first one is "strike first" AND any strikes can not be parried. All in all for 10gc it's got a hell of a lot of bonuses.

And why do you buy holy tome? Just to spent 120 gc? That's enough for 4 girls as I mentioned before...

The tome is because the prayer I rolled only goes off on a 9+. It seems like it'd be handy to have that prayer work if i ever DO cast it. Cause it will probably mean that i have a FEW bad guys mobbing my matriach so I'd NEED it to work :) It will be hard to scrape up 120GC's in one swoop from trading wierdstone but 40 or so for a sister in the late game will be easy enough.

This is for a campaign warband. Not a one off fight otherwise it'd look ALOT different.

Ravening Wh0re
28-07-2006, 11:37
yup, those whips now rock. My Auger regularly menaces the other heroes with it.

I rolled Soulfire too. It saved my band more times than not. It is rather hard to cast though. Once my Matriarch was the only warband member left against 7 opponents. The soulfire managed to cast and took out 5 before she was taken down :)

I understand buying the tome, but it's just so expensive! I like more numbers just because it gives you some resilience in campaigns, where you can take casualties and still keep on fighting. Also, bottle checks come later.

Quin 242
28-07-2006, 12:59
I think with any other power I would have forgone the tome. But I DO want it to go off once in a while :)

And like I said... I can count on probably 40 gc+ per game. getting 120 in one shot tho? Unlikely. They might struggle for the first few games but I'm going with the Move into range to sling and then accept the charge where I have a 50/50 chance to go first with 3 attacks per sister :)
Hiding will be rather important versus the shooty warbands :)

First gc's spent will be to bolster ranks with sisters w/ maces/slings. 30 points each. They can get whips/sig hammers later. I just wanted my heros to have the right stuff for the campaign.

Ravening Wh0re
28-07-2006, 13:42
I never arm my henchmen with anything too expensive. They die at a horrifically high rate

shakespear
28-07-2006, 20:38
I have that boxset, I have been meaning to sell it..

Cpt. Drill
28-07-2006, 21:26

Those slingers are dirty...

Get 10 of them... then a leader.... and you have a bad ass warband!

But the whip is awesome as you can easily take people out that your slings have knocked down! :cries:

My carnival gang never liked playing dirty whores!

horror
09-08-2006, 13:39
i really dont like the sisters. mainly because the models are horrible. just my opinion.

Quin 242
10-08-2006, 03:57
I just got a box and they are not the greatest models ever but they look decent.
They will represent what i want them to for this game.
I might try and get some Off GW figs since there is no such thing as in-store Mordheim anyways...

http://www.reapermini.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=2473&cat=0&page=1