PDA

View Full Version : Chosen of Abaddon

Mechanicus
27-07-2006, 18:53
Who are the chosen of Abaddon?

I know that Ygethmor is one of them, but who else? I heard that one of them was in the book Dark Adeptus, but nothing more than that.

Also, are the Chosen one person from each God (Ygethmor, I believe, worships Tzeentch, but I could be wrong), or one from each Legion, or is it just a few Abaddon chose because they were useful?

Chem-Dog
27-07-2006, 19:35
Korda is a Slaanesh devotee, his penchant for boiling entire planetary populaces down into energy drinks (red Bull give you tentacles ;)) suggests this, Ygethmor is deffinitely a servant of Tzeench and the two un-named Chosen are obviously followers of Khorne and Nurgle.

What's interesting is the fact that the Lunar Wolves/Sons of Horus had the Mournival, a group of four Captains who formed a small cadre of Advisors for Horus, so the chosen could be echoing the tradition of the Mournival. Obviously there are four main Chaos powers too and it could be just down to the fact Abbadon likes to have one of each (although the Mournival could, hypothetically, have been arranged thus retrospectively).

Lord Dante
27-07-2006, 19:59
I expect he likes to continue the tradition in respect of Horus.

Captain Loken
27-07-2006, 20:42
didn't Abbadon renounce Horus's name at one point?

Shaper Shakra
27-07-2006, 21:22
Yeah. Called him a fool and what not.

Splagbot
27-07-2006, 22:19
The chosen for Nurgle would most likely be Typhus.

muskrat
27-07-2006, 23:51
No, Typhus is a serpate entity. He answers to the Death guard.

the first few pages of Codex CSM has a Officio Assassinorium story about his chosen- the pic next to it shows the Chosen. Ygethmor is there, Korda is there, as are the unnamed ones- obviously Nurgle and Khornate in appearance.

Melchiah
28-07-2006, 07:37
Its been quite some time since ive gone through the CSM but isnt Korda the guy with the "beastman-ish" horns and a mask with the glaive? say quick bio in the pages says that he has very oranaite armour. If its the same guy i think he is hes looks so badass.
I would love to see a conversation cuz im afriad GW could never scuplt something that sweet......or anyone that could do it justice has been retired or fired:eek:

BrainFireBob
28-07-2006, 08:09
I think that's the Khornate gent- the armor is skull-lined, no? And it'd make sense that he has a Berzerker Glaive- the Nurgle Champion certainly looks as if he has a Plague Sword.

Korda I think is the gent with the phallic-implying single horn in back. Still imposing, still nice armor.

Mechanicus
28-07-2006, 10:27
So we are assuming the top one on page 11 of the CSM codex is Devram Korda, the one with the four-eyed mask is Ygethmor, and the other two are Khornate and Nurgle.

So what's the relation to Urkrathos, a guy who claims to be a chosen of Abaddon on page 127 of Dark Adeptus, who seems to be undivided, given his attitude to those who worship one god over the others? Urkrathos claims to be from the Black Legion, and the third chosen described on page 11 seems to be from the Black Legion aswell (Black and bronze armour). Possibly the same person? And still no Khorne representative...

the dark angel
28-07-2006, 11:30
the pics of the chosen of abaddon i think are on the first artwork of CSM codex next to the assasins report on page 10 opposite on page 11 they are there.the bottom left is of nurgle the above him yegethmor (sp?) of tzeentch above him and to the right of the picture are unknown i think the top one is of slannesh and the right of khorne though i only know yegethmor in name.

Melchiah
29-07-2006, 05:55
Ok my bad, went in to GW today and flipped though the CSM and took a gander at the pic and short story korda is to put bluntly that monster of a SM with the 2 handed sword thats chest, head and shoulders about the other 3 :eek:. If red bull gived you wings what would elixers from people give you?

The Black Knight
30-07-2006, 09:49
Is Zartasiphon a chosen of Abbadon or is he just his moost trusted sorceror?

Mechanicus
30-07-2006, 10:51
Zaraphiston? Him and Ygethmor and rivals for the traitor warmaster's patronage. So, the two probably compete and whoever is favoured at that time by the warmaster is part of the chosen, so they'd probably switch alot.

Darthvegeta800
30-07-2006, 10:51
Yeah. Called him a fool and what not.

True but that's not persť what he felt deepdown. I think Abaddon is a fervent follower of Horus. But circumstances forced him to do so. Horus's legacy was demoralizing the Legion after all. Plus Abaddon is an ambitious little fellow. :D

Sandlemad
30-07-2006, 13:57
So what's the relation to Urkrathos, a guy who claims to be a chosen of Abaddon on page 127 of Dark Adeptus, who seems to be undivided, given his attitude to those who worship one god over the others? Urkrathos claims to be from the Black Legion, and the third chosen described on page 11 seems to be from the Black Legion aswell (Black and bronze armour). Possibly the same person? And still no Khorne representative...

It's possible that these could be referring to Abaddon's Chosen as in his bodyguard. I've always seen it as seperate to the group of chosen we see in that picture.
Those 4 chaps were the ones sent to retrieve the "Heart of Chaos" and probably were not his bodyguard, seeing as his bodyguard are generally depicted as being termies.
The only one mentioned of them, IIRC, is the unamed dude with the lightning claws, always whipping them out when someone approached Abaddon. Course, that didn't wash with Cypher, who shot him dead.:)

As to Horus being a fool, I think this is stems from a classic feeling of betrayal when a father figure fails to live up to expectations. Rather sad, even with chaos lords.:p

Dspankdo
30-07-2006, 14:31
i imagine that they are the most important of abbadons chosen, the ones he puts in charge of black legion forces as aposed to (as sandlemad said) the chosen of his personal bodyguard

Lord Dante
30-07-2006, 14:59
they echo the mournival from the HH books. Horus had 4 'chosen' that represented different aspects in regards to war - they were Horus's council.

Commander Ozae
30-07-2006, 15:39
Chosen are simply the elite troops in the Chaos warband and therefore these four guys are part of Abaddon's elite bodyguard and advisors as was said above. There are probably more of them its just these four are the most powerful.

By the way: what is the Heart of Chaos that they're supposedly looking for.