PDA

View Full Version : New Chaos Warriors?

Killshot
17-06-2005, 18:58
Anyone know when we are supposed to start seeing the new Chaos Warriors with great weapons and god-specific models?

strv
17-06-2005, 19:06
In very many years would be a good guess.i havn't heard anything about anyway.
and gw seems to be busy making wood elves,dwarves and possible chaos dwarfs.

Avian
18-06-2005, 18:02
Yep, the powers that be have decided that the other armies should get some well deserved lovin' for a while. :D
I would not expect them until they decide to make a campaign book (a la Lustria) set in the Chaos Wastes, and I would not expect that for quite some years.

amagi
18-06-2005, 18:52
I have some vague memory of hearing that Forge World will soon be doing god-specific mounts for Chaos Knights. Is that true?

Avian
18-06-2005, 19:05
We have seen sketches, but it looks like they'll just be expensive Chaos Steed stand-ins.

Forgotmytea
18-06-2005, 20:47
I'm pretty sure that they'll be a while off yet, as they have stuff such as new Dwarfs & possible Chaos Dwarfs (Yes! Yes! :D :angel: ). Shame, as I really need an incentive to get my Chaos armies going again...

Forgotmytea

The boyz
20-06-2005, 14:09
I havent really heard that much about them really, but they will be along way of I would of thought.

Fat Bastard
20-06-2005, 16:45
I have some vague memory of hearing that Forge World will soon be doing god-specific mounts for Chaos Knights. Is that true?

I recently asked FW whether they planned to make any Juggernauts/Bloodcrusgers models, but they didn't had any plans in the near future. Guess they'll make the GD first. Too bad, now I will have to convert all those Bloodcrushers! :(

amedius
20-06-2005, 21:25
Does anyone know if there is going to be new plastic knights released as i have heard it fomr several sources and want to know whether it is true or not

Lord_Sanguinius
20-06-2005, 23:32
Does anyone know if there is going to be new plastic knights released as i have heard it fomr several sources and want to know whether it is true or not

i sure hope they do. keep your fingers crossed. thats quite a bit of money for the metal ones now.

Misfratz
21-06-2005, 00:12
Does anyone know if there is going to be new plastic knights released as i have heard it fomr several sources and want to know whether it is true or notThe first I've heard of it. What were your sources? Would make sense from the point of view of a Chaos Mortals battalion box, which I'm assuming is inevitably going to arrive before the end of next year.

fubukii
21-06-2005, 01:38
why do chaos warriors need new models? their current ones are nice as for great weapons its pretty easy to convert the halbreds into great weapons.

Jericho
21-06-2005, 05:32
The current ones don't come with halberds either. They only come with hand weapon/shield or additional hand weapon, which is precisely the problem. Half their options aren't modelled, and it's a lot of work to convert something that almost every other army gets in their basic core sets.

fubukii
21-06-2005, 05:37
i dont know i could of sworn my warriors came with those huge halbreds.

Inquis. Jaeger
21-06-2005, 14:52
Probably the old 'apeman' ones you were thinking about.

Insane Psychopath
21-06-2005, 14:57
I'll ask when I am down that the UK 40k GT heat 1 what going on. Mna I'll have a lot to ask them now lol

I not heard any yet... but they will be coming

Bortus
28-06-2005, 00:19
Inquis is right. Those Halberds came with the older Knights not the current box sets which by the way are awesome, so awesome in fact that I'm an Orc player but when I first saw those models I liked them so much I built my own Chaos army! Peace everybody.

neXus6
28-06-2005, 22:51
I'm not the greatest fan of the "new chaos warriors" they look to ranked up for a "chaos" army. Woah it lets you position the hands and head differently...great...:rolleyes:

*clutches onto his huge pile of old warriors*
Nex, Great fan of proper multipart kits.

adreal
29-06-2005, 00:55
they might get the god specific sprues when chaos gets re-released for 7th

Dargon
29-06-2005, 02:33
they might get the god specific sprues when chaos gets re-released for 7thThat would be my guess. With GW now looking to focus on 7th Edition, even if they do have a plastic set or two up their sleave, they'll be holding on to them for a 7th Edition Chaos rewrite - so they can do the big promotion thing and release it all at the same time.

Just a thought...

Wimvh
01-07-2005, 21:12

I guess that WILL be a long way off. My guess would be the Chaos Warriors would fill in some blind spopts in the release schedule as they only need to make a frame or two to get a box ready (the CW were designed so that this would be easy)

My guess would be one box per year. It's not based on anything though, just my Guess.

As the Knights would require an entirely new sprue from scratch AND the current models ARE mighty... I guess they are in no hurry.

We might even see a plastic chariot first, all armies seem to be getting some war machines or equivalent in plastic (Empire, High Elves, Skaven Rat Ogres); And since a chariot is crewed by ...euhm... Warriors, this might be a tad quicker.

samw
02-07-2005, 21:38
I don't see plastic knights as likely in the near future. The numbers of knights included in most chaos armies varies between 5 and 10. The three armies that have plastic heavy cavalry (please correct me if I've forgotten anyone) tend to have considerably more than this, hence the GW decision to make plastic sets, which require greater capital invetment to make the moulds. Empire armies that include knights tend to have at least 8, and often 10 or more. And don't get me started on Brets and High Elves. Conversions are possible, the white wolves from the empire box make great norse knights if you're on a budget. So really I feel the need isn't too desperate. Plastic marauder horsemen, now thats a different matter!

brassangel
20-07-2005, 17:12
The new Chaos Warriors inspired me to actually play the far inferior GW product that is Warhammer Fantasy Battles. I quickly halted myself, however, when I realized that the Knights were priced rediculously high for a set of five, static horseman on crappy looking horses. I was mostly going for a cavalry heavy theme (ie: Swords of Chaos'esque). The Brettonian and Wood Elf mounts look good now (no more smilies); but the Chaos steeds look like plain ol' horses. I hope that there is a remake somewhere down the line to make them more menacing. Chances are, this won't happen until some WhFB campaign involving Chaos comes along in 2006 or 2007. Maybe we'll get the alignment-specific sprues as well. For crying out loud they need to do a new Juggernaut! Rant rant rant rant rant.....