PDA

View Full Version : First shot at Army of Sylvania- 2000pts

rapscallion
28-07-2006, 17:19
CHARACTERS:
von carstein count- level 2, 2 close combat weapons, crown of the damned, staff of damnation, aura of dark majesty- 346

von carstein thrall- flayed haubrek, great weapon, wolf form- 134

von carstein thrall- heavy armor, 2 close combat weapons, ring of the night,
wolf form- 138

CORE:
15 sylvanian levy- halberds, standard- 130

15 sylvanian levy- halberds, standard- 130

5 dire wolves- 50

5 dire wolves- 50

3 fell bats- 60

3 fell bats- 60

SPECIAL:
15 drakenhof guard- full command, war banner- 280

von carstein black coach- 175

von carstein black coach- 175

RARE:
8 drakenhof templars- barding full command, banner of the dead legion- 265

TOTAL:

Voltaire
28-07-2006, 17:39
Something worth noting is that this list won't be legal anymore in a couple of months...anyway, onto your list!

Firstly, get an extra dire wolf on one of your packs. 3 Points is not a matter of life or death really!

You are relying quite heavily on something here, and I just think it sticks out like a sore thumb. If people know which Vampire is your count he will be the priority target on your enemies list and to base their attacks around that. They will beat you simply by trying to use this spell.

The Drakenhof guard should have the banner to go with their unit name. You may be VC but that doesn't stop the enemy going after you with magic and this banner couped with a different configuration of thrall or even Lord will prove to be te undoing of many magic reliant armies.

Something else is that your core infantry blocks don't cause fear (*sob*) and they realy should be doing. Such small units are going to be piecemeat for a combat heavy army. Go for a zombie horde or combine the two blocks and use the spare points to make some of the other units bigger.

Do you have any idea where you want to pce your grave markers?

rapscallion
28-07-2006, 23:12
where does it say my zombies donnt cause fear, it says they follow all the rules of undeath so i dont see why they wouldnt...

Voltaire
28-07-2006, 23:33
Just checked, my mistake, but 15 is still a small unit.