PDA

View Full Version : New Rackham Dragon!

Rabid Bunny 666
29-07-2006, 19:12
Awesome luvverly thing, all pics can be found here (http://www.rackham-store.com/boutique_us/liste_produits.cfm?type=708&code_lg=lg_us&num=38)

For you people who hate Links for no discernable reason, here be it!

http://www.rackham-store.com/boutique_us/images_produits/UKCYTI01_3.jpg

Lostanddamned
29-07-2006, 20:09
That's a "rather" nice mini.

At £147.28 it needs to be though.

Killshot
29-07-2006, 21:05
The wings are nice, but for some reason I don't really care for the model. I can't put my finger on it, but it maybe the way the underside of the body looks.

neXus6
29-07-2006, 21:12
I think it's pretty nice, but the Forgeworld Fire Dragon is bigger (at the very least chunkier), prettier (in my opinion), and cheaper (£125). :)

Oberon
29-07-2006, 21:18
Well, it's a bit thin(I love d&d dragons, GW worms are horrifying) but it's a big step to the right direction. Cool wings, nice, proportionate claws and limbs, maybe a wrong colour(lightning blue, please) but If I had the money, I'd take many :D

Tymell
29-07-2006, 23:03
Sweeeeeeeeet!

Hefty price tag, way out of my range, but still, far superior to the GW ones. ;)

A neutral shade of black.
30-07-2006, 00:28
Hey, what do you want? It's a display model. They only include cards and rules so you don't feel like you've totally wasted all that cash.

Anyway, I prefered the regular dragon, which only had four limbs (plus tail). That was a step in the right direction. I don't know why Rackham stepped back - presumably because they need to sell more due to the price tag, so they made it more mainline. A shame, really. I'd love to see someone convert this to a four-limbed version (minor, really - don't glue the arms, GS the resulting gap, beef up the wing membranes with w bit of GS and attach the hands on).

Rabid Bunny 666
30-07-2006, 16:18
@ANSOB: It's supposed to be a Dragon Lord of some description.

Mad Doc Grotsnik
31-07-2006, 21:34
Is nice, but a couple of critiques....

1. Could just be the angle of shot, but the limbs look a little, well, bandy and bowed.

2. Use it in a game, and watch it collapse into it's component parts very quickly....

A neutral shade of black.
01-08-2006, 03:01
@ANSOB: It's supposed to be a Dragon Lord of some description.

No, not really - it's a titan dragon. I know exactly what it is, what with being on both of the official forums and all...

Mad Doc - it's resin. Isn't resin supposefly lighter than metal? Methinks it'd hold (obviously with pinning, but you don't build Rackham models if you don't pin - you build piles of Rackham bitz instead).

Senbei
01-08-2006, 09:35
Ergh... I like most of their stuff but... Arms/shoulders are wayyyyy too low... gives it an odd mutant look..... Quite liked the previous armless one they sculpted.... jus kept wanting to shout "IT'S A WYVERN!" whenever I saw it :/