PDA

View Full Version : Necromunda PC Game - Sign Here!

warpscum
29-07-2006, 22:57
We are a a bunch of guys who thought it would be funny with a Necromunda PC Game.
If we get enought names we will send this in to someone (not decided yet ) and hope for the best.
I think it's good for the hobby. More people will ge to knwo the "Necromunda World" and maybe try to play the Tabletop game too.

Sign here if you want it too!

EDIT: I thought this were the right place for the Thread as more necromunda players will see it. It you Mods are of an different opinion, just move it.

Wolf Scout Ewan
29-07-2006, 23:14
That would be good fun if done well!

Charax
30-07-2006, 01:00
you'd probably have better luck making it a mod, but I'm all for it

SON OF LION
30-07-2006, 03:13
My hopes aren't high but good luck.

starlight
30-07-2006, 03:58
I'll go one further and commit to buying a copy.:D

SisterMordagg
30-07-2006, 05:00
I'd play it.

Chem-Dog
30-07-2006, 06:16
Count me in.

What kind of game are we talking about here though? A straight PC adaptation of the game or a more involved version using the Necromunda setting as it's basis??

Personally I would go with the straight adaptation, the opportunity to input your own real life gang into the game and play somebody at a bonafide game of Necromunda where distance would otherwise make it impossible would be a great thing, you could even leave the game mid turn should time be an issue, not many of us can do that with the tabletop version.

Customisable fighter appearance would be great, size, height, colour, musculature etc and customisable costume allowing you to use elements of house costume to create a gang, setting a gang Colour/Theme, tatoos etc would all be fun.

In game a fighter's options would be presented on a menu, Move/Run/Jump/Hide/Overwatch etc, click on the appropriate option and the battlefield will be revealed according to that specific character's knowledge (unseen or hidden characters would be invisible) and his options under that heading would be highligted, in movement this would be expressed as a area which denotes the fighters' possible movement, you would then click on location within that area as your end destination. In shooting each eligable target would be lit up and their visibility would be indicated by what colour they are lit by (green to red, green=best chance and red=worst, this does not take into account a fighter's Bs but meerly indicates how hard it is to see the character.) once a target is selected and the weapon chosen the game would work out the to hit, to wound, armour saves and pinning rolls for you.

I'll stop there,because my mind is going way to fast, suffice to say, I would be VERY interested in this and would offer my help if I thought I could help.

Psyren
30-07-2006, 07:35
I've always dreamed of playing a GTA game set in Necromunda, but I think you would need to be extremely professional game designers to pull it of successfully.

monkey child
30-07-2006, 07:51
I`d certainly buy a copy, maybe a a mod fould be easiest to make though, perhaps using somthing like fallout tactics as a base.

Brimstone
30-07-2006, 08:08
I'm afraid I'm going to have to close this thread although I share the sympath it's just going to be spam.

I suggest you try petitiononline.com (http://www.petitiononline.com/petition.html)