PDA

View Full Version : UTOPIA - An exclusive sneak peek into my graphic novel!

Aerion the Faithful
29-07-2006, 23:40
Hello there, everyone!
As some of you may know (if you have been reading my last threads) i had the luck of signing a contract with the publishing company Wilde Times Co. to publish a graphic novel written and illustrated by myself. The novel's title is Utopia and it takes place in a monolithic Tower, that is the only trace of life in an otherwise desertic realm.
Through most of this month i have been working on the first pages, trying to keep on schedule until the release date next year (July 2007). And i have been given permission from my editor to show you some of them; i'm very proud of them, and i hope you will appreciate them too. And, of course, let me know what you think. WarSeer has been a great source of feedback for me that has helped me develop myself as an artist and realize that my work is worth something. So, a big THANK YOU goes to all of you who have supported me since my arrival!
For more information on the novel, you can check out the official Wilde Times site here (www.wildetimes.com). There's not much yet, as it is still too soon, but check it around mid August and you'll find some exclusive material from me.
I'm also posting here a couple of illustrations that are related to the story, for you to check out too...

So, without further ado...

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/aerion_the_faithful/Utopia/Utopia-Page1.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/aerion_the_faithful/Utopia/Utopia-Page2.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/aerion_the_faithful/Utopia/Utopia-Page3.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/aerion_the_faithful/Utopia/Utopia-Page4.jpg

Aerion the Faithful
29-07-2006, 23:43
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/aerion_the_faithful/Utopia/Utopia-Page5.jpg

And the illustrations promised. Here is a witch of the Tower; a character that is still to be developed but already has caught my imagination a lot!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/aerion_the_faithful/Utopia/Witchcraft.jpg

And an assasin...

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/aerion_the_faithful/Utopia/Yellow.jpg

Until soon.

Aerion the Faithful

slaaneshes_own
30-07-2006, 00:21
Gimme more gimme more gimme more! Dammit! Between you and FoU, my chin and concrete are fast becoming close friends!

I like the look of this stuff mate!

Roll on the publishing! Is it going to be made available digitally (ie uploaded to a place and downloadable)? I would pay near-as-dammit the same price for the digital version over the book!

Is that assassin a complete piece? Cos flip me, that's some nice stuff mate!

Hope all goes groovy for the book,

Joe

Cpt_Tiberius
30-07-2006, 04:31
That is really awesome Aerion. I'm excited to see how this turns out. I also love the hi-tech/steampunk kinda vibe you have going on here. That witch illo is fantastic. I especially like the "ghost" of the face around the skull. Great Job!! :)

Neknoh
30-07-2006, 07:37
You have just forced me to buy thisone, you do know that, right?

Aerion the Faithful
30-07-2006, 16:50
Hello there, brothers! Thanks you for the feedback and great comments; i'm glad you've liked these pages and illustrations. As it is my first time with a project this big, i want to know as much of what the people think as i can.

Is it going to be made available digitally (ie uploaded to a place and downloadable)? I would pay near-as-dammit the same price for the digital version over the book!

I don't think it's going to be available to the public in digital format; or at least i haven't had any hints of that hapenning. But it's a good thing to bear in mind in this technological era... It will be made available through an online store to the rest of the world, that i know.

Is that assassin a complete piece? Cos flip me, that's some nice stuff mate!

That piece is indeed finished, mate! And i give you a hint: that assasin has a counterpart, all clad in red, that's yet to be revealed... ;)

That is really awesome Aerion. I'm excited to see how this turns out. I also love the hi-tech/steampunk kinda vibe you have going on here. That witch illo is fantastic. I especially like the "ghost" of the face around the skull. Great Job!!

Thank you for your continued support, Captain! I'm glad that you noticed the combined elements that will go into this body of work. And the witch, well... what can i say? After i finished thepiece i fell in love with the character and i've written i bit of background on her:

As The Engine and The Emperor are the epitome of creation in the Tower, so is their counterpart in evil, The Witch. From ancient days (some reckon even before the falling of the world and the construction of the Tower) she's been collecting and harvesting 'ancient lore' as she calls it. What she does, in fact, is gather old souls commited to the Dark Arts to aid her in the quest for immortality. And in the most light-ridden places of the monolith she calls upon those who've come before her; and holding up their blood soaked craneums (blood of other countless creatures murdered with the sole intent of stripping their life force), she summons their unholy souls and asks them forbidden questions. May the light of the Empress protects us if they should speak their secrets...

You have just forced me to buy thisone, you do know that, right?

Ooops, Sorry! I hope you will enjoy it, though! :D

Thanks again, and let's hear more about this people. I want to have as much feedback as i can, so i can tell my editor if people are interested!

Until soon.

Aerion the Faithful

Lord-Warlock
30-07-2006, 17:11
Right, my mind is spinning with ooh-ness and aah-ness trying to comprehend all of these wonderful, wonderful images...

All I can say is, it's as awesome as ever. Even more so, perhaps, because this is a setting you've created yourself. Bleeding skulls, spider drones everywhere, hot naked female senators communicating by telepathy... ;)

Keep it up!

- LoW

tzeentchgiant
30-07-2006, 17:57
How long until you're taking my money?

Amazing work as always, are you writing the story for this yourself, or were you given a story to work from?

TG

Suicide Messiah
30-07-2006, 19:11
Im gonna buy this when its done. Very nice work.

masecase
30-07-2006, 20:15
Red, don`t you mean pink?

Maybe you are copying too many ideas from warhammer 40k, like the symbol on the big chair of chancellor opium, which is obviuosly inspired by the symbol of the adeptus sororitas or the the imperial tarot.

Flame of Udun
30-07-2006, 20:56
Aerion, This is some fantastic work. I'm really intruiged by the techno-fantasy style of the characters. The only panel I'm not keen on is the group shot of the senate and I think I know why, its the rock texture on the side where the senators are sitting, I guess I feel it doesn't sit right with the rest of the scene, but hey thats just me.

@Masecase, the symbol of the Fleur de Lys (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fleur_de_lys) has been around for a hell of alot longer than the Sisters of Battle, there's a bigger world out there to take inspiration from than 40K.

Sybaronde
30-07-2006, 21:44

Maybe you are copying too many ideas from warhammer 40k, like the symbol on the big chair of chancellor opium, which is obviuosly inspired by the symbol of the adeptus sororitas or the the imperial tarot.

The symbol which the Adeptus Sororitas use is based on the Fleur de Lys:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fleur_de_lys

And Tarot has history in real life:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarot

It's more like he and GW are copying ideas from real life. :angel:

Anyway, great artwork, Aerion!

tzeentchgiant
31-07-2006, 00:06
I agree, this reaks of real life inspiration, taking "gothic" symbols and updating them does not make them 40k inspired.

TG

Aerion the Faithful
31-07-2006, 00:08
All I can say is, it's as awesome as ever. Even more so, perhaps, because this is a setting you've created yourself. Bleeding skulls, spider drones everywhere, hot naked female senators communicating by telepathy...

I'm really happy that you appreciate my creation in itself. It is a great encouragement to me, that the world i have invented causes such an effect on people... Thank you!

Amazing work as always, are you writing the story for this yourself, or were you given a story to work from?

Actually, the writing is all me, Tzeentchgiant; i have a frined, however, and my editor, whom are revising the text, because i'm new at writing (at least a work so long). Thanks for the praise, mate! I'll take your money next year gladly :p !

No, i meant red. There was an earlier versiion of the assasin illustration, in which the predominant colour was pink. But i didn't quite like it, and so i redid the piece, using yellow. Her counterpart is a male, actually and you'll see him soon i expect...

The only panel I'm not keen on is the group shot of the senate and I think I know why, its the rock texture on the side where the senators are sitting, I guess I feel it doesn't sit right with the rest of the scene, but hey thats just me.

I see what you mean, Flame; but actually that mixture of clean techno elements and the hardened stone has to do with the overall vie of the story, so... Thanks you for your support!

And about the fleur-de-lys and tarot details; well, as Flame and Sybaronde have stated, are symbolic featured throughout history and not just part of the Warhammer 40,000 universe. I'm putting a lot of material and reference to myths in my story, so that it may have more depth.

Thanks again, and ask away. I'm here to answer!

Aerion the Faithful

biggreengribbly
31-07-2006, 00:41
Dude, you rock. I want your shiney published coolness!

I'd love to have something constructive or helpful to say, but my criticism gene has shrivelled away in shame, so.... keep at it and take my money when you're done :D

punkoteloco
31-07-2006, 03:04
I must say I WANT THAT BLOODY NOVEL NOW!!! Great work mate. Good to see your work on other parts of this world

punkoteloco

Sephiroth
01-08-2006, 23:56
Very cool. Glad to see it involves the characters seen in your gallery at Epilogue.net. The Empress and her 'blind' Guardian I thought had much story potential to them.

Curious; what's a Spider-key, exactly? Their scuttling about the Empress's bed-chambers and seem everywhere in the Forum.

Good stuff Aerion; will Utopia be availible in the UK, or shall I have to buy online? :)

Aerion the Faithful
02-08-2006, 01:44
Hey there! I'm glad to see that you're interested in the story, people. It makes me even more confident about it, and gives me a lot of encouragement to keep going.

The Empress and her 'blind' Guardian I thought had much story potential to them.

Thanks Sephiroth! Those two characters you mentioned are (as you can see by these pages) the stars of the upcoming graphic novel. So, you'll see them developed in depth throughout the story.

Curious; what's a Spider-key, exactly? Their scuttling about the Empress's bed-chambers and seem everywhere in the Forum.

Well, i can't tell you a lot about them without giving away much of the story; what i can tell you, however, is that they're a means of transportation within the Tower. The levels of the monolith do not have a physical communication between them, thus, if you want to travel from one level to another, you must teleport using one of the spider-keys. When you read the novel, you'll learn more about them...

Good stuff Aerion; will Utopia be availible in the UK, or shall I have to buy online?

Well, from what i know and have asked, my publisher tells me that it will be available to other countries through the companys online store. So, everyone should be able to have their copy if they're interested! :D

Soon, i'll have another image to post from Utopia for you to see...

Until soon.

Aerion the Faithful

biggreengribbly
02-08-2006, 09:25
Hmm... that mechanical hand in the Assassin picture loks veeery farmiliar. Does a certain... overweight gentlemen from the early frames meet an unpleasant end perhaps?

slaaneshes_own
24-08-2006, 12:38
Soon, i'll have another image to post from Utopia for you to see...

And?! where would it be eh?! :D

Seriously, I can't wait for that!

Loving this storyline - but do I detect a slight "Star Wars" esque theme? A female Grand High Poo-bah, and a male guardian? In the sack? Surely not!

Just a thought! :D

Joe

Aerion the Faithful
24-08-2006, 12:48
Hmm... that mechanical hand in the Assassin picture loks veeery farmiliar. Does a certain... overweight gentlemen from the early frames meet an unpleasant end perhaps?

Mmmmm, the mentioned overweight gentleman does meet and end in the story, but not in that manner and not by the hands of that assasin. Bionic replacements (or 'cosmetic enhancement' as it is called inside of the Tower) is pretty common, and more amongst the most pompous chancellors of the 42nd level. So, the hand (in this case) belongs to someone else...

And?! where would it be eh?! :D
Seriously, I can't wait for that!
Loving this storyline - but do I detect a slight "Star Wars" esque theme? A female Grand High Poo-bah, and a male guardian? In the sack? Surely not!
Just a thought! :D
Joe

Hey there, mate! The image is on its way, because i already have it sketched out; all it needs is some finishing and i think i'l do that this coming week or so, so you'll surely see it in no time.
And about the storyline... well, all i can say is what i already said on another forums (and i believe that here too): i'm not trying to invent the gunpwder here, but instead i'm aiming at playing with archetypes of certain situations and characters, putting the originality through my style and my take on the events. To be fair, there is little one can write that can be truly original, because most things have been invented, and i've come to realize that the stories that get deeper to the audience are those that touch those archetypes or mythical environments, because they've been with us since the foundation of our culture: someaone breaking a prohibition, a struggle for a forbidden love, greed, power... all that jazz.

I'll soon be posting some more material for you to check out, people, i promise!

Until then!

Aerion the Faithful

slaaneshes_own
24-08-2006, 16:21
Just testing the water! :p Looking good as always.... before you ask, yes I am an impatient so-and-so! Just ask Gribbs :D

Can't wait for the next lot of pics..

Joe

Pfreck
24-08-2006, 16:33
Nice work Aerion! Would this Graphic Novel be sold International? Or only via a Webshop or something? I can't wait to buy it! :D

Reign in Blood
11-09-2006, 06:14
G'day Aerion. It is great to see you are getting your talent recognised. What a great opportunity for you. I can't wait to see the completed novel and I would definately get a copy If I could. Like Pfreck said will we have to order online or will we be able to go to the local bookstore? Do you know if it will it be a big(ish) release or limited? I can't wait to see some more Your piccies have already captured my imagination, I can't wait to see what you have in store for them.

RiB

Astenu
14-09-2006, 12:35
Looks freaking fantastic dude! I really like the title considdering the setting.
Good luck with the story writing and keep up the good work :)

PS: At the looks of it now, I'll certainly will be buying this piece of art once it's published( and recommending it to my friends).

Eris
14-09-2006, 13:51
I'm not normally one to rush out an buy graphic novels but... where, when and how much!!! :D

Awesome work Aerion... creepy villians and intriguing 'heroes', great formula for success. Wish I could come up with a darn story myself... then I'll be hot on your heels with a novel of mine own. (Okay... more than a few years away but a girl can dream. ;) Good luck with this and may you be a renowned artist worldwide by the time I get my own out!

Aerion the Faithful
14-09-2006, 14:36
Well, it's been a while since i've updated this thread, but new images are coming, believe me! This weekend i'll be working on a piece i have had floating around in my mind for quite some time... But i didn't want to pass this opportunity to answer a couple of questions you have asked, my friends...

Nice work Aerion! Would this Graphic Novel be sold International? Or only via a Webshop or something? I can't wait to buy it!

Thanks for the words, mate! The novel will be sold internationally through an Online Store, at the WildeTimes Co. website.

G'day Aerion. It is great to see you are getting your talent recognised. What a great opportunity for you. I can't wait to see the completed novel and I would definately get a copy If I could. Like Pfreck said will we have to order online or will we be able to go to the local bookstore? Do you know if it will it be a big(ish) release or limited? I can't wait to see some more Your piccies have already captured my imagination, I can't wait to see what you have in store for them.

Thanks, Reign in Blood! Long time no see... As i said earlier, the book will be made available through online shopping and in bookstores if you're in the US. It's still a bit early to talk about printing numbers, and truth be told i haven't asked my editor about that particular issue... As soon as i have news i'll post them over here.

Looks freaking fantastic dude! I really like the title considdering the setting.
Good luck with the story writing and keep up the good work
PS: At the looks of it now, I'll certainly will be buying this piece of art once it's published( and recommending it to my friends).

Thanks, Astenu! Do recommend it (if you like it of course! :D ) I will need all your help to make Utopia a success. And you're right about the title: i'm using it both for the significance of the word objectibly (as in its pure meaning as a word), and also because of its connotation.

I'm not normally one to rush out an buy graphic novels but... where, when and how much!!!
Awesome work Aerion... creepy villians and intriguing 'heroes', great formula for success. Wish I could come up with a darn story myself... then I'll be hot on your heels with a novel of mine own. (Okay... more than a few years away but a girl can dream. ;) Good luck with this and may you be a renowned artist worldwide by the time I get my own out!

Thank you so much Eris! I'm glad you've liked the firt pages of this story, and i'm also happy to see i've captivated also some female audience. I have posted this on other forums and sites, and girls seem to find it very interesting and likeable, so i'm double happy; one of my goals was to approach both sexes with my story because i think the market for comics benefits a lot from women being in it. You have such a fresh and sometimes really different look upon the things we've produced, that your opinion is worth a lot! Thanks again and i do hope you can find your inspiration and start a novel of your own!

This kind of encouragement makes me feel really excited about this project, my friends, and for that i have no words of thanks. I hope to be posting some art from Utopia soon for you to see and tell me what you think, and also to expand a bit this world of my creation...

Until VERY soon.

Aerion the Faithful

wasted
14-09-2006, 14:36
To keep it short: Aerion rules!

Gdolkin
18-09-2006, 22:34
You're darn tootin' right he does. Go NRG!

Reign in Blood
19-09-2006, 05:24
In a couple days your graphic novel is as good as ordered!

Thanks, Reign in Blood! Long time no see...

Yeah I have been busy lately...getting up at 4 in the morning to go work as slave labor...thanking the powers that be it is my days off today and tomorrow. I might actually be able to paint or draw or somehting...:D

The pics of the characters are great too, I can't wait to get my own copy. Mind you it is still a year away isn't it?

RiB

Oh and to keep it going: Aerion Rules!

Gdolkin
19-09-2006, 15:19
Hey Reign in Blood, you a Slayer, Rancid and Aerion Fan, also know the joy of rising at 4 to slave, and you're as far away from me as any human can be.. aint the internet something? Cheers amigo! Do we love the vastness of the 40k universe cos our world is gettin so small? Could anything be more cooool than an Aerion comic of Necromunda? when i got money i'm gonna ask him for a piece showing Delaque and Escher kickin off.. go on everyone, think about his SoB and then imagine his rendition of Escher.. crikey cor' blimey, rrrrruffty!:evilgrin:

Aerion the Faithful
19-09-2006, 16:19
Hello there people...
I hope you've all read the news regarding Utopia on the front page of WarSeer. If you haven't already, then i give you the insight: the publisher's site Wilde Times.com (http://www.wildetimes.com) has been updated with exclusive images from me, as well as a specail discount offer on the novel if you preorder now. Th novel will be 16.95 USD when it's out, but if you order it now, it will only cost you $10.95! (which is a hell of a bargain!).
If you have any questions, ask them here and i'll be happy to answer.

In a couple days your graphic novel is as good as ordered!
Mind you it is still a year away isn't it?

It's great that you order now RiB! Yes, the novel is a year away, but the publisher will send it to you as soon as it's out! Thanks for the support!

Gdolkin and Wasted, thank you too for the enthusiasm. As we speak i'm working on more character illustrations to post, so keep your eyes open!

Until soon.

Aerion the Faithful

Gdolkin
19-09-2006, 16:47
Sounds like a solid gold bargain to me, i'd order it now if i had any money at all. Hey Aerion, i just saw and replied to the private msg u sent me 3weeks ago-cheers bud! Hey moderators- please be patient with me i really am 'special' when it comes to forum use- i'll try harder to conform, am very grateful for the forum. Only just figured out what an avatar is... TTFN.

Aerion the Faithful
22-09-2006, 15:12
Hello everyone!
Well, as i have been promising for a while now, here is an update to this thread with an exclusive illustration i've done of yet another character from Utopia.
This character in particular is a part of the Hundredth level, in which the Security Forces of the Tower are located. There, The Peacemakers and The Peacekeepers control all the criminal activity inside of the monolith and take actions in case of any disruption in the order established by the Empress of the Moon. This girl belongs to the Peacekeepers caste, genetically engineered beings in charge of the tasks having to do with the searching for criminals, interrogations, and supervision of security operations. Each Peacekeeper is in charge and accompanied by a Peacemaker, huge robot automatons, used for the tasks involving more brute force such as the capturing of terrorists and criminals, the ceasing of riots and etc. (you'll see an illustration of these soon too).
The Peacekeepers, because of their genetic structure and engineering, have different abilities that surpass a normal creture inside of the Tower. Their senses and reflexes are much more advanced and refined as well as their physical and mental skills. And, though they're more like diplomats, they still possess a certain ammount of strength that allows them to defend themselves as well as a power armour that protects them from harm and can be used as a weapon against enemies.
Their shape is also somewhat strange amongst regular humans, as they are very slender and thin, and have long extremities that allow them to be more agile.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/aerion_the_faithful/Utopia/ThePolice-Finished.jpg

I'm very happy with this illustration and how it turned out. So, i'm probably going to feature these characters more often. C&C are most welcome as usual, and any questions you have regarding the background, ask away!

Until soon.

Aerion the Faithful

Flame of Udun
22-09-2006, 16:03
That, my friend, is Ace! Absolutely Brilliant! I knew you'd get it sorted :)

slaaneshes_own
22-09-2006, 16:55
Nice one! Really nicely done, nice strong colours!

Joe

Aerion the Faithful
22-09-2006, 20:08
That, my friend, is Ace! Absolutely Brilliant! I knew you'd get it sorted :)

Hey Flame! Thank you very much for the praise. I finally did get to nail this character, huh? I'm very happy with the results.

Nice one! Really nicely done, nice strong colours!
Joe

Thanks Joe! You were expecting an update and here it finally is. It took me long because of my obligations with the novel. But now that i'm more free, i'll probably post again with another image this next week, so, keep checking this thread.

Anyone else have any thoughts/questions/comments?

Aerion the Faithful

Reign in Blood
23-09-2006, 02:28
I reckon the wanted guy looks interesting. Is he a character you are thinking of or just to show the policing aspect of the peacekeeper? Great as always...but unfortuneately I won't be able to order your grahic novel till next week :( . Doing things on paypal when you are in Australia is a real inconvenience.

Aerion the Faithful
24-09-2006, 02:24
I reckon the wanted guy looks interesting. Is he a character you are thinking of or just to show the policing aspect of the peacekeeper? Great as always...but unfortuneately I won't be able to order your grahic novel till next week :( . Doing things on paypal when you are in Australia is a real inconvenience.

The character in the hologram is disciple of the Brotherhood of the Sun, a known terrorist organization inside of the Tower. If you look carefuly, you'll notice his resemblance to the character of The Magician, portrayed in the first pages i've posted at the beginning of the thread.
Oh! And don't worry about the pre-order... the offer is going to be up until a month before the release date of the novel, so you have time (although ordering now earns you great respect from me :D ).

Well... no more replies? I guess i must be getting boring... :confused:

Until soon.

Aerion the Faithful

Cpt_Tiberius
24-09-2006, 03:34
Hey man, The pic looks great (though I still prefer the old one ;) ). I can't wait to see the giant robot.

Gdolkin
24-09-2006, 18:50
Another awesome bit of art Aerion, i'd like to nail her too, That Wanted guy looks like a Bad Man.

Aerion the Faithful
25-09-2006, 13:16
Hey man, The pic looks great (though I still prefer the old one ;) ). I can't wait to see the giant robot.

Another awesome bit of art Aerion, i'd like to nail her too, That Wanted guy looks like a Bad Man.

Thanks as usual, guys! I might be doing some good after all :D ... Soon i may have another pic up from Utopia so, beware!

Until soon.

Aerion the Faithful

StormCrow
25-09-2006, 13:52
Looks nice aerion, but in my humble opinion its not as...enticing as some of your other pieces. Well executed, i'm just not a fan of the design of this particular lady.

I too can't wait to see the giant robot (although i have no idea what cpt. tiberius is talking about).

Hideous Loon
25-09-2006, 16:35
That lady somewhat looks like that Arbites chick (cannae recall her name atm) in a BL publication. She's got the blue detailing, the metal gloves and the black body-stocking. Inspired, are we?

Gdolkin
25-09-2006, 17:33
As has been raised before, all Sci-fi including 40k is utterly generic, all characters, styles and settings are ancient archetypes- Nothing new under the sun guys, but Aerion's style is fresh, bold n beautiful. She does look like Shira Calpurnia (?), but don't let that ever take away from Aerion's talent. I have spoken. Inspired is a good thing to be, as i'm sure Hideous Loon agrees. ps good name dude.
pps, Aerion's bit of fluff posted along with the picture makes clear the relevant similarities and differences between his Peacekeepers and the Arbites. For obsessive fans like all of us, the distinction is clear imo. Peace, Blood an Guts.
ppps- Where's me Rusted! Get on FF's case! Me need me Rusted!

Eris
25-09-2006, 19:07
Love her... she's great (prods her paypal account)... just need money now to get comic... ;)

She does need something extra on her though... but I can't figure out what... some sort of trinket or belt with weapon on it or something.

Aerion the Faithful
26-09-2006, 15:32
Replies! That's what i was talking about! :D

Looks nice aerion, but in my humble opinion its not as...enticing as some of your other pieces. Well executed, i'm just not a fan of the design of this particular lady.
I too can't wait to see the giant robot (although i have no idea what cpt. tiberius is talking about).

Thanks for the comment Storm! This illustration was done to actually lay down on paper my ideas for the Peacekeepers inside of the Tower, and also to complete a tutorial i was thinking of for a spanish forum. Therefore, of course, i didn't go to the extent i go with with other illustrations, and i think that may be what's not sounding right to you. However, i appreciate you taking the time to reply and tell me your thoughts about the piece.
Oh! And the robot's Tiberius mentioned are the Peacemakers; the companions of this policemen you have just seen...

That lady somewhat looks like that Arbites chick (cannae recall her name atm) in a BL publication. She's got the blue detailing, the metal gloves and the black body-stocking. Inspired, are we?

Well, actually, Loon... i have no idea of what you're talking about. I haven't seen the character you described, nor the publication from BL where she appears. So, as you see, this is what is called a 'coincidence'... Although i will further explain my thoughts after the post from Gdolkin...

As has been raised before, all Sci-fi including 40k is utterly generic, all characters, styles and settings are ancient archetypes- Nothing new under the sun guys, but Aerion's style is fresh, bold n beautiful. She does look like Shira Calpurnia (?), but don't let that ever take away from Aerion's talent. I have spoken.

An insightful and spot on opinion as usual, my friend. I think that the similarities that could exist between my characters and others have to do with the fact that i'm working with archetypes, as others have done before me. The image of the Sci-Fi policeman, has always been something along the lines of what i've drawn, but, as Gdolkin so clearly puts it, it's not a question of inventing anything new, as to RE-inventing the archetypes we deal with all the time. The thing that sets apart my vision from others is my style.
Think about it: how many times has Dracula been interpreted by how many people? But every time it has been different, although the idea remains the same. The ARCHETYPE remains the same.

ppps- Where's me Rusted! Get on FF's case! Me need me Rusted!

He's on it! :D

Love her... she's great (prods her paypal account)... just need money now to get comic... ;)
She does need something extra on her though... but I can't figure out what... some sort of trinket or belt with weapon on it or something.

Thanks, Erin! I actually wanted the design of these characters to be rather stripped bare of all sort of doodahs and belts and things that usually go into sci-fi things. Mainly because i based their design upon the clean, stripped Peacemaker robots, which i had already drawn in the novel. And, as they go along, i needed them to feel akin to each other. That may explain the lack of 'extras' on her.

And, as a final comment, i'd like to say that when i expect comments on my work, i don't expect them to be good, or just random praise. People are entitled to like or dislike anything i do, just as i like or dislike designs from the great masters that have inspired me. The only thing i would object is refering to my work in a bad tone, or just saying it's crap, for the sake of saying it. But replies such as the ones you've posted are really what feedback is all about. And discussions like these can open up a whole lot of great ideas an possibilities that i might've not paid attention to before...

Thanks again, and please, let me know everytime what you think; that's why i post!

Until soon.

Aerion the Faithful

Gdolkin
26-09-2006, 19:06
Wellsaid NRG, and i would add that the 40k Arbites are themselves 'inspired' by judge dredd.. as to Dracula, goddamn i love vampires from Dracula to D to Blade to Lestat to Von Carstein to 'Underworld' to 'Dusk til Dawn'.. see how i could go on? being aesthetically aware and appreciative of the lineage and evolution of archetypes, ideas and interpretations is a large part of 'taste' in this field my friends! Don't know where you're going if you don't know where you've been perhaps..? Hail.

Havoc
27-09-2006, 11:54
When is the book out Aerion really looking forward to reading it.

StormCrow
27-09-2006, 14:31
Thanks for the comment Storm! This illustration was done to actually lay down on paper my ideas for the Peacekeepers inside of the Tower, and also to complete a tutorial i was thinking of for a spanish forum. Therefore, of course, i didn't go to the extent i go with with other illustrations, and i think that may be what's not sounding right to you. However, i appreciate you taking the time to reply and tell me your thoughts about the piece.

Ah, i see. I think i've just been conditioned to expect arcane and fairly detailed robotics in your figures; like in deus ex machina and the tower witch's spine. I think you have a real knack for that sort of overly complicated (not in a bad way) bionics and robotics that i see in yours and others works, and in your style it really works. I think something along those lines introduced into this lady's design would be beneficial to her overall look and i know you have the skills to pull it off. I guess another factor is I'm not a big fan of symmetry in figures, and you can hardly be blamed for that, just personal preference.

Had a look through the preview of your book on the preorder site, looking really sharp and professional. Must be exciting to see it all coming together. If i see it for sale around these parts i'll be sure to pick up a copy just so i can say "i knew him when..." and sell it on ebay when you inevitably become rich and famous ;) .

Anyways, hoped that explained my reasoning better than "not enticing".

Gdolkin
27-09-2006, 15:25
Damn right about his bionics Stormcrow, Ferrarius's left arm, oh yeah, it works. Inspired by the SoB and their fleur-de-lys, i reckon Aerion, maybe consider some little cheek-tattoo of some kinda harsh justice or vigilance or authority symbol (like an eye, or something less lame) on your Peacekeepers.. just a random potential. Clean-cut works great too, but see what i gettin at? i just love all kindsa tattoos, they're characterful and characterizing in a way. Salut!

Aerion the Faithful
27-09-2006, 23:14
Ah, i see. I think i've just been conditioned to expect arcane and fairly detailed robotics in your figures; like in deus ex machina and the tower witch's spine. I think you have a real knack for that sort of overly complicated (not in a bad way) bionics and robotics that i see in yours and others works, and in your style it really works. I think something along those lines introduced into this lady's design would be beneficial to her overall look and i know you have the skills to pull it off. I guess another factor is I'm not a big fan of symmetry in figures, and you can hardly be blamed for that, just personal preference.

You didn't need to explain yourself, Storm! But now that you've elaborated more on your thoughts, i can see were you're going. And, truth be told, i have been commended before for my bionics and i do love to draw them. The thing is that, the Tower being such a HUGE place, i can't have everyone looking the same, because i'm attempting to make every level as unique as i can and independent from the others. And as there may be some coincidences in the technology used in the Tower (after all it was developed by the same creator) i don't want to fall back on a single design. Utopia is meant to be an experimenting arena for me and (hopefully in the future) whomever wants to take a stab at it.

Had a look through the preview of your book on the preorder site, looking really sharp and professional. Must be exciting to see it all coming together. If i see it for sale around these parts i'll be sure to pick up a copy just so i can say "i knew him when..." and sell it on ebay when you inevitably become rich and famous ;) .

I don't know what i'd do without you, guys... you're the ones that keep me going. Seriously, i'm really happy and excited and afraid all at the same time with this project. Sometimes, however, panic takes a hold of me and i think 'No one will buy this bloody thing! Who would? It's hideous!'... but it's a possibility just like the one you mentioned. And i hope your vision and hopes for me are correct!

When is the book out Aerion really looking forward to reading it.

The book is due for release on October 10, 2007; that's a year away still Havoc; however, you can pre-order it right now (up until a month before the release date) and the publisher will handle the shipping as soon as it's out. In the meantime, be sure to check this thread for hints at the story and characters that you'll see in the novel.

(...)maybe consider some little cheek-tattoo of some kinda harsh justice or vigilance or authority symbol (like an eye, or something less lame) on your Peacekeepers...

That's actually an idea i hadn't considered; but it is indeed very interesting. I'll see if i can do something with it...

Next week i'll have another update, so keep your eyes open!

Until soon.

Aerion the Faithful

kendoka
17-10-2006, 22:30
Wow.
Extremely good illustrations.
Stumbling across such quality work hera really surprised me.

I admire your skills, though the Tarot scenes are a bit to "French comic" for my taste and I don't like the fat character that much.

Where you really excel is when drawing females - the witch and the assassin is among the coolest I've seen.
Might pick up the book just to see more of them.

The Peacekeeper is also nice. You are definitely on the right track with the head and torso but I do feel that her outfit would have benefited (sp?) from some parts with sharper angles (glasses less insectoid, shoulder pads less Flash Gordon, upper arms less Orson Wells robot).

Keep up the good work.

Voronwe[MQ]
20-10-2006, 19:44
The peacekeeper reminds me of Nova in Starcraft: Ghost, which is not bad at all.

Pfreck
20-10-2006, 20:01
Awesome work Aerion, I watched over this Wilde Times Co. website and found some more arts of some characters.. I'm gonna pre-order Utopía soon, I can't wait to read it! :D

Cheers

[edit]
Is the novel gonna be in pocket size or A4 format?

Aerion the Faithful
21-10-2006, 02:35
Awesome work Aerion, I watched over this Wilde Times Co. website and found some more arts of some characters.. I'm gonna pre-order Utopía soon, I can't wait to read it! :D
Cheers

Thank you very much, Pfreck! I'm glad you like my ovel and my characters. It's always good to be recognized for something that is truly your own; so, i can't be more honoured.
And yes, i reccomend to everyone who's liked the illustrations over here to check out the Wilde Times site, which i've posted the link up on the first page.

;1022211']The peacekeeper reminds me of Nova in Starcraft: Ghost, which is not bad at all.

Thanks, mate! I'l be posting some more soon.

Wow.
Extremely good illustrations.
Stumbling across such quality work hera really surprised me.
I admire your skills, though the Tarot scenes are a bit to "French comic" for my taste and I don't like the fat character that much.
Where you really excel is when drawing females - the witch and the assassin is among the coolest I've seen.
Might pick up the book just to see more of them.
The Peacekeeper is also nice. You are definitely on the right track with the head and torso but I do feel that her outfit would have benefited (sp?) from some parts with sharper angles (glasses less insectoid, shoulder pads less Flash Gordon, upper arms less Orson Wells robot).
Keep up the good work.

Hey there Kendoka. I'm glad that you've liked the illustrations so far. I have been complimented on my skills drawing the ladies, and i have to say that it is indeed one of the things that i like to draw more. Some artists have problems drawing the opposite sex, but i have a real knack for girls.
Well, and about the references you are pointing out to describe the Peacekeeper, those are actually my influences on the piece. I'm happy that you've recognized them, although you didn't like them. But that approach is exactly where i was aiming with the style for her suit.

I thanks you all for remembering this topic, and keep checking it because soon i may have news, or updates on the characters involved in the novel.

Until soon.

Aerion the Faithful

Gdolkin
21-10-2006, 13:44
You sure do have a knack for girls Aerion, their curves go Boom-Bang-Pow! (makes wavy motions with hands)- maybe one day Utopia will be filmed, if it gets the success it deserves and Aerion's up for it, and then the casting director will have a hard but great job to do.. Less than a year to wait now boys n girls! Peace, G.

Havoc
21-10-2006, 21:06
Damn does that store deliver to the Uk, I want to make sure before I pre-order it.

Aerion the Faithful
23-10-2006, 11:28
Damn does that store deliver to the Uk, I want to make sure before I pre-order it.

Hey there Havoc (and all those of you interested in pre-ordering 'Utopia'), the answer to that question is: YES, the WildeTimes Co. publishing company delivers worlwide through thier online store. Just check the prices and shipping timeframes in the website (linked on page 1 of this very thread) for more info.

On another news, i am talking with my Editor at the moment about an idea i had to give away something to the fans that are already interested in seeing Utopia but don't want to wait a year (I know i wouldn't want to!). So, keep an eye on this thread, as soon as i have news, they'll be posted here!

Until soon.

Aerion the Faithful

Pfreck
23-10-2006, 12:16
That's great news Aerion! Sure I can't wait till it's arrived here!
I have a question; What size is the Graphic Novel gonna be? Pocket format or A4?
I really can't wait till it's October 2007!

Aerion the Faithful
23-10-2006, 22:31
That's great news Aerion! Sure I can't wait till it's arrived here!
I have a question; What size is the Graphic Novel gonna be? Pocket format or A4?
I really can't wait till it's October 2007!

Hey there, Pfreck! I'm glad that you're excited to see Utopia released. I'm anxious too, so as soon as i have news, you'll hear them first.
The size of the novel will be a bit smaller than the regular comic-book size i reckon, so i think it should fall into the category of pocket format.

Soon i'll have updates, i promise.

Until soon.

Aerion the Faithful

Aerion the Faithful
31-10-2006, 18:07
Time for another update as promised, people!
It's been a while since i've had the time to actually sit and do something out of pure fun, and this was the outcome. Another illustration of the character 'The Witch' which you had all seen before in this very thread. The reason behind this pic is that i wanted to revisit the character and somehow find an explanation for a festivity much like 'All Hallows Eve' for the Tower and my mythos. So, i put pen to paper and came up with this new piece and a bit of text that i hope you like from the vaults of Utopia.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/aerion_the_faithful/Utopia/AllHallowsEve.jpg

"Of all the Tower's stories and legends, there are some more frightening than others. And usually, the most terrible ones are related to the infamous Witch living somewhere unknown inside of the monolith, bringing darkness and fear with her very breath. However, both her and her beasts have been kept always at bay by the combined efforts of the Peacemakers and Peacekepers, as well as the Order of Steel, and the goodwill of the people. So, her creatures find it very hard to go about without being persecuted... But, once a year, something else entirely happens.
Once a year, Brom the Engineer Supreme in charge of the Second Level of the Tower (Engineering and Biotechnology), shuts down the whole of the fortress and reboots its systems. It is in during this day and its night, that all lights go out and monitors and machines alike lay dormant, while new technologies and programs are installed in the mainframe. It only takes a night, but it is enough for the Witch to roam free on every level, commanding her beasts and ghouls...
That is why the creatures of the Tower, traditionally, put a key on their doors and costume themselves in black. Because during the 'Night of Nightmares', ghostly figures go about at their will on the streets, looking for something that is rumoured very important for their mistress. A key, they say, for the very gates of the Tower.
These apparitions, all white, are crafted by small pumpkin-like devices that project them while theyfloat around, and it is said that if you don't disturb them, they won't hurt you. However, if you do try and molest them, the small floating devices are said to project your worst fear around them in a ghostly form. And some even say they can do much worse than that... Until now, however, the Witch hasn't found what she is looking for, wether it be the Key, or something else. She has only brought fear into the hearts of all the inabitants of the Tower, and captured some... for her pleasure."

Enjoy!

Aerion the Faithful

Gdolkin
31-10-2006, 18:18
Dude, i simply dont have time to do this justice... you so bloody rule. this is a new favourite i think! Dark, man..

Voronwe[MQ]
31-10-2006, 19:00
Awesome. Completely awesome.

Aerion the Faithful
31-10-2006, 21:56
;1045445']Awesome. Completely awesome.

Dude, i simply dont have time to do this justice... you so bloody rule. this is a new favourite i think! Dark, man..

Thank you so much, guys! It's really appreciated!

I have BIG NEWS for everbody interested in Utopia! I hadn't said anything before, because i still didn't know if i had permission to spread the word; but my editor has just given me green light to let you know that your wait will be a lot shorter thanks to an exclusive Utopia: Preview that will be released tentatively by the end of January.
It will obviously be available through the online store of the Wilde Times Co., and will consist of an all new story that will serve as an introduction to the main characters of the novel due for October 2007. There will also be sketches and six (YES! SIX!) new illustrations from me. Some i will post here for you to take a peek at, so... i'm very excited! And i hope you too!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Until soon.

Aerion the Faithful

Sandlemad
01-11-2006, 00:39
I like, I like a lot. Particularly Mr. Big Accuser. The spider-keys crawling everywhere are most endearing.

To my mind, the scenes in the senate chamber are the best. Looking at the range of characters arraying the chamber really makes me wish I had some sort of device to examine your mind, they are very inspired.:)
Especially the speaker. The ability to make debating gestures with four arms is a valuable one and it's cool to see you taking advantage of it. The combination of his corpulence and dandyness raise a chuckle and make for a striking character. Reminds me of Campion Bond in the 'league of extraordinary gentlemen'.

Not being an artistic type, I can't offer any words on your art but the idea of a self-contained society in a tower is a fine one. I think it will be wonderful to see your writing style, particularly as we could not see too much of it through 'Rusted'.
Ever read any of the Gormenghast trilogy? If not, I highly suggest you do, incredible piece of work, best language I've ever seen. Quite gothic too, depending on how you define that term. It dealt with some of these themes, a self-contained castle society, could be useful.

Good stuff about the preview, you can sign me down for one of those and the novel itself. Waiting with extreme interest.

Aerion the Faithful
01-11-2006, 01:36
I like, I like a lot. Particularly Mr. Big Accuser. The spider-keys crawling everywhere are most endearing.

To my mind, the scenes in the senate chamber are the best. Looking at the range of characters arraying the chamber really makes me wish I had some sort of device to examine your mind, they are very inspired.:)
Especially the speaker. The ability to make debating gestures with four arms is a valuable one and it's cool to see you taking advantage of it. The combination of his corpulence and dandyness raise a chuckle and make for a striking character. Reminds me of Campion Bond in the 'league of extraordinary gentlemen'.

Not being an artistic type, I can't offer any words on your art but the idea of a self-contained society in a tower is a fine one. I think it will be wonderful to see your writing style, particularly as we could not see too much of it through 'Rusted'.
Ever read any of the Gormenghast trilogy? If not, I highly suggest you do, incredible piece of work, best language I've ever seen. Quite gothic too, depending on how you define that term. It dealt with some of these themes, a self-contained castle society, could be useful.

Good stuff about the preview, you can sign me down for one of those and the novel itself. Waiting with extreme interest.

Sandlemad, mate; your post has been a like a lightning on a blue sky for me. I love it when people can articulate so good (as everyone who has posted on this thread) what they like about my work. I humbly accept your compliments and i hope i can give to you what you've already given to me.
I'm glad you've noticed my playing around with the pompous and articulate (in every sense of the words) four-armed chancellor. That you compare it with one of the creations of Mr. Alan Moore is indeed an honour to me.
I'm also glad that you noticed my idea of centering the action in a contained place, because it brings a lot to the narrative i think. And yes, i've heard of Gormeghast, although i haven't had the cahnce to read it yet. I would be lying if i said it wasn't one of the inspirations that got my head spinning!
All in all, i thank you very much, my friend, for taking the time to write and leave your thoughts. I hope you continue to do it so!

Until soon!

Aerion the Faithful

colrouphobic
01-11-2006, 07:51
Well, the witch looks excellent. a Vile creature to fear for the inhabitants of the tower no doubt.
And is that technological-based ghosts I see? (The ghosts form around something that looks almost like holographic display-thingies (yes, I am so good at explaining things today...brain being mush by the invading demons of Nurgle...))

Good stuff as always!

Pfreck
01-11-2006, 16:29
Awesome job on the new Witch illustration, Aerion!

I already pre-ordered your normal Utopia novel for October 2007, does this means if I want the previeuw do I have to order that one too?

Aerion the Faithful
02-11-2006, 13:44
Well, the witch looks excellent. a Vile creature to fear for the inhabitants of the tower no doubt.
And is that technological-based ghosts I see? (The ghosts form around something that looks almost like holographic display-thingies (yes, I am so good at explaining things today...brain being mush by the invading demons of Nurgle...))
Good stuff as always!

Thanks, corlouphobic! It' good to see you finding explanations for my characters. That means they're interesting enough to get you thinking!

Awesome job on the new Witch illustration, Aerion!
I already pre-ordered your normal Utopia novel for October 2007, does this means if I want the previeuw do I have to order that one too?

Thanks, mate! And yes, you will have to order the preview as well, but fear not! It isn't confirmed yet but the preview will be free or at the most $2 USD, so it's going to be cheap for its content... i'll keep you updated of any news!

Until soon.

Aerion the Faithful

Gdolkin
02-11-2006, 23:04
Damn yeah, mr Sandlemad turns a nice phrase.. spot on mesieur, Gormenghast is right.. so glad i'm privy to this as-yet-small-but-deserving-of-greatness project, and great news about the preview intro.. you are making a stressed-out english guy a good bit happier Aerion, jah bless ya. The stitches, the ghosts, the cogs on her belt.. genius. those undead you did in your Bretonian v. undead piece got you inspired i see, excellent.

Aerion the Faithful
10-11-2006, 13:39
Hello again, folks!
I've been very busy with Utopia lately, and my Editor gave me the green light to show around some of the material that will be included in the upcoming Preview. So, I'm posting one of the illustrations that i'm doing specially for it along with a short text i wrote. I hope you enjoy it, and i'll be surely posting more as i finish them!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/aerion_the_faithful/Utopia/Moonchild.jpg

"She is the Empress of the Moon. The supreme ruler of all the creatures inside of the colossal Tower she inhabits. Alone for a period of time that she can't even recall, her duty is to mantain the monolith alive by channeling the light of the Moon through her dance. This ritual, performed every night for countless years, energizes the technologies that keep her subjects alive and turns her into a being of such importance that no one dares love her or even come close to her... all except one.
He is the Imperial Guardian; a monk from the sacred Order of the Steel, entrusted with the protection of Her Majesty of the Night, a task he performs with the greatest of honours. Unfortunately, he has gone beyond duty in his heart, and has longed for the tender caress of the Empress many nights in silence while he watches her dance under the pale light of her Mother.
One of those moments is here depicted: soon, the light that shines from her body will be so bright that he will have to turn his eyes away, if he wants to save himself from blindness. Although blind he already is, because his eyes can no longer see anything but her..."

Recommended soundtrack: Moonchild by Chris Cornell

Until soon.

Aerion the Faithful

StormCrow
10-11-2006, 13:49
Very stylish, well done...and although i haven't heard 'MoonChild', chris cornell is great so i'm going to assume it's a good song. I'm not very good at judging writing so i'll stick with the picture:

the thing that struck me was how light it was considering it's nighttime, even with a full moon i think you'd have a lot darker colours happening. But i think this comes down more to your style than anything else, and i know how much you love to have a single predominant colour thing going on so whilst i'd have the scene darker it'd be hard to stay true to your style with a predominantly black canvas, so i'll let it slide....just this once :p

Maybe in some of your upcoming pics you could do some more experimentation with colour and shape. while what you've got works well i'd like to see it developed further, maybe trying different textures or architectural styles or whatever. I say this because there doesnt seem to be as much diversity in some of your lastest pics compared to your older ones. But considering how you've described your concept for 'the monolith' i assume thats already been ventured into previously with your comic job and you've already got a huge range of styles going on... i'll just have to wait until your comic is out to check it out.

EDIT: must have buried my head in the ground during halloween, missed your witch...another classy pic.

Aerion the Faithful
10-11-2006, 14:51
Thanks as usual, Storm, for the feedback. There are some things, however, that i'd like to clear up...

Very stylish, well done...and although i haven't heard 'MoonChild', chris cornell is great so i'm going to assume it's a good song. I'm not very good at judging writing so i'll stick with the picture.

Oh, the sond is great, you should really listen to it if you have the chance!

the thing that struck me was how light it was considering it's nighttime, even with a full moon i think you'd have a lot darker colours happening. But i think this comes down more to your style than anything else, and i know how much you love to have a single predominant colour thing going on so whilst i'd have the scene darker it'd be hard to stay true to your style with a predominantly black canvas, so i'll let it slide....just this once :p

Thanks for letting it slide... **phew**. The truth is that, compared to other levels and the way i will be doing the 'day sky' in the novel (which will be incredibly brighter in contrast to this one), you will see that this is the darkest i could go without ruining the illustration. The thing is that, when you work with so many spotted blacks throughout the image as i do, you can't go too dark on other elements or you run the risk of ending up with a confusing piece. So, colour gives me the chance to actually go 'lighter' than the heavy constructs that usually are at the forefront.

Maybe in some of your upcoming pics you could do some more experimentation with colour and shape. while what you've got works well i'd like to see it developed further, maybe trying different textures or architectural styles or whatever. I say this because there doesnt seem to be as much diversity in some of your lastest pics compared to your older ones. But considering how you've described your concept for 'the monolith' i assume thats already been ventured into previously with your comic job and you've already got a huge range of styles going on... i'll just have to wait until your comic is out to check it out.

This is a highly interesting point of view, worth responding to. Usually, when you're in Art School, learning the craft, you have a constant reminder from your teachers and even from yourself that you should always experiment and improve with different things. And i have, as you say, done that a lot in the past; if you saw the illustrations i did earlier to this last year and a half you wouldn't believe it's me at all. The thing is that this style of colouring i've achieved in the last year is quite new still to me to move along with something else. It's still not settled right and i think i have a long way to go to actually get the best results out of it. So, i'm open to new ideas and testing, but not too much that they'd take me in a whole different direction from this technique i still have to get to the bottom of.
Another thing is the architectural styles and overall look of my illustrations which you say haven't changed much in the last images. Well, the firt thing that i should point out is that, while the levels of the Tower from Utopia are all different worlds unto themselves, they still have to share a visual connection so as to not look as something 'alien' when the reader plunges into it. Working on the novel, i decided i'd let the colours i will use on every level do the thing, and not the style. If you've seen the movie 'Hero' then you'll understand where i'm going...
And finally there's the style; that big word. There are some people whose style compells them to always switch techniques and approaches. But not all artists are like that, and not all viewers are like that either. There's a whole lot to discover when you actually get your 'thing' onto a page and everyone is capable of recognizing it as YOURS. And sometimes even a lifetime isn't enough to explore it. Some see Tolkien's writing always about Middle Earth as 'getting stuck' with the same old thing. Some say the same from artists; i've heard people say Brom is a bum who does the same thing every time. And that goes for artists such as Joe Madureira, J.Scott Campbell, Bruce Timm in the comic bok industry; even H.R Giger (of whom you're a fan i take it) has been frowned upon for doing always the same things over and over. But that's just a way of looking at it. The real quid of the mater is that style is something you can't fight against when you're an artist; in fact, you have to desperately seek it. And to abandon it or 'trade it' for the sake of experimentation (even if it is for a little bit) can be tricky if not perilous, both for the artist and the fans who love his particular vision of things. What would we think if suddenly Frank Miller ditched his classic look and decided to draw cartoons? I bet that as open minded as we are (well, some of us) would obviously applaud his skills; but we would always remember Frank for his 'noir' look of 'Sin City' and would love to see him return to that.
Style is a lot like personality: you can have various ways of behaving in front of your family, or in front of friends or when alone in your own room. But there's something that never changes and that's YOU. You always have the same face, attitude and spirit. The true challenge is to be able to tell a thousand stories being the same ol' you.

Well, i finish this rant now, or i run the risk of boring you to death. I hope i've made some sense!

Until soon.

Aerion the Faithful

Gdolkin
10-11-2006, 14:54
poignant.. and gorgeous. i think we can put the lightness of the sky down to the moon and its corona taking up so much of the visible sky.. love the samurai style of the guardian and the spirals on the pillar, and that bit of text is not bad at all sir- touching and poetic. only dodgy bit is 'maintain the monolith alive'- bad grammar but still works via poetic license i reckon, and the last couple of lines are a knife in the heart. damn your talent Aerion..:p
..and your reply to stormcrow was a pleasure to read too!

Pfreck
10-11-2006, 16:23
Awesome work as always Aerion! The Imperial Guardian seems different, on the other illustrations (from 2003) he had more simple gear than now, though I like this version better!

Cheers!

PS.
Where's the avatar I made you? I still see your old one..

Aerion the Faithful
10-11-2006, 18:22
poignant.. and gorgeous. i think we can put the lightness of the sky down to the moon and its corona taking up so much of the visible sky.. love the samurai style of the guardian and the spirals on the pillar, and that bit of text is not bad at all sir- touching and poetic. only dodgy bit is 'maintain the monolith alive'- bad grammar but still works via poetic license i reckon, and the last couple of lines are a knife in the heart. damn your talent Aerion..:p
..and your reply to stormcrow was a pleasure to read too!

Thanks as usual, mate! The actual lightness of the sky is something that will have a contrast, as i said, when you see the way i do the 'day sky'. Compared to that, this is a nice summer evening nightly landscape. And about the grammar, well, i want you to hold nothing back when it comes to that. As many of you know, English is not my native language and as such i may goof up here and there. Whatever you see wrong (be it grammatically or spelling) you should let me know so i can fix it and keep it in mind for upcoming projects.

Awesome work as always Aerion! The Imperial Guardian seems different, on the other illustrations (from 2003) he had more simple gear than now, though I like this version better!
Cheers!
PS.
Where's the avatar I made you? I still see your old one..

Hey there, Pfreck! Thanks for the compliments on the image. The Guardian does look different from the illustrations of 2003, because... it's been 3 years :p . That's what i was trying to say to StormCrow earlier and i'm glad you like the updated version of him. I actually had half of the novel drawn when i signed the contract with WildeTimes Co.; but the pages were so horribly drawn (due to the fact that they were also from 2003) that i had to redo them almost from the ground up.
The avatar you so kindly made for me is still in wraps, because i want to wait and use it a bit closer to the release date of the Preview, and later on, the novel itself... so **hush hush** ;).

I'll see you all later!

Aerion the Faithful

PS.. Don'r forget to visit my DeviantART (http://aerion-the-faithful.deviantart.com) Gallery with some new stuff for you to take a peek at!

StormCrow
10-11-2006, 23:11
Thanks for letting it slide... **phew**. The truth is that, compared to other levels and the way i will be doing the 'day sky' in the novel (which will be incredibly brighter in contrast to this one), you will see that this is the darkest i could go without ruining the illustration. The thing is that, when you work with so many spotted blacks throughout the image as i do, you can't go too dark on other elements or you run the risk of ending up with a confusing piece. So, colour gives me the chance to actually go 'lighter' than the heavy constructs that usually are at the forefront.

Yeh, i figured it would make more sense in the context of the comic, thanks for clearing that up.

if you saw the illustrations i did earlier to this last year and a half you wouldn't believe it's me at all. The thing is that this style of colouring i've achieved in the last year is quite new still to me to move along with something else. It's still not settled right and i think i have a long way to go to actually get the best results out of it. So, i'm open to new ideas and testing, but not too much that they'd take me in a whole different direction from this technique i still have to get to the bottom of.

i must see these earlier illustrations, show me!...

but thats fair enough, i guess when you are doing a whole book of comic art (or is graphic novel the better terminology?) by yourself it's best to stick with something that works for you. Makes getting through all the work easier too. I say this from an outsiders perspective but i think i get where you're coming from now. i think what i was suggesting would've been better suited as a comment to a freelancer artist then a full time graphic novelist.

Another thing is the architectural styles and overall look of my illustrations which you say haven't changed much in the last images. Well, the firt thing that i should point out is that, while the levels of the Tower from Utopia are all different worlds unto themselves, they still have to share a visual connection so as to not look as something 'alien' when the reader plunges into it. Working on the novel, i decided i'd let the colours i will use on every level do the thing, and not the style.
Hmm, interesting concept...i always thought each level was totally different going by your earlier description, it makes more sense why things look similar now in light of what you've said.

If you've seen the movie 'Hero' then you'll understand where i'm going...

Hero is a great movie

And finally there's the style....

Yeh, again i think my earlier comment wasn't suited for a graphic novelist.

And to defend my man Giger, he has expermiented in the past with loads of different stuff...it just looks crap :p

There, order is restored to the stories and art forum universe

p.s lurrve that generator pic in your deviantArt profile, have you ever considered doing some large format posters of works like that, I'd buy one for sure.

colrouphobic
11-11-2006, 06:07
With regards to the "darkness" of the sky...

As far as I understod it, the only place in the vincinity of the tower that has people in it is...the tower.

Something most people forget today is that virtualy all space we live in has "lightpolution" making it seem more dark on the sky then it actually is.

People who have the opportunity to drive 30-40 kilometers away from the nearest city will have the opportunity to look up and realize that the nightsky is not black...it's pale blue with ribbons of white in it (where stars cluster together).

The nightsky is surprisingly bright if there are no lights around you to pollute the sky with ;)

(has lived 50kilometers from the nearest streetlights most of his life)

Voronwe[MQ]
11-11-2006, 12:56
Exactly; that's an oft-overlooked thing, lightpollution, though I'm surprised how dark the night sky seems to be when I visit a city...

Anyway.

It is an amazing piece of art there, Aerion; I really enjoy your style. How will Utopia with its lovely black - white - grey - another colour be released? In Argentina alone, perhaps with orders available over the web? In Europe too? Wow, I'd love to get it.

colrouphobic
12-11-2006, 07:56
actually Voronwe...lightpollution makes the city-sky seemway darker then it is...

Voronwe[MQ]
12-11-2006, 09:11
Wasn't that what I said?

Terminatorphoenix
12-11-2006, 10:05
stupid question but why are they in the tower and what happened to the earth?

Sandlemad
12-11-2006, 13:00
stupid question but why are they in the tower and what happened to the earth?

Shhhh! That's the sort of thing that is used for the twist ending!:p
Seriously, that's probably pretty integral to the plot, so no doubt we'll be finding out soon.

I like the way we've been fed information, the way we are given brief snapshots of some specific characters or settings, such as the witch and the moonchild. Gives us a taste of the different aspects of the tower but forces our imaginations to get to work on wondering about it. Very clever Aerion and kudos for it, makes it that much more enrapturing for us who are waiting with bated breath.

As regards Moonchild, I second the comment on how light the night sky is, in a similiar fashion to my comment on your fantasy piece. But I get where you're coming from, using the black inks makes this a necessity and with it being so integral to your style, I understand. Fair play.

I'm quite fond of the mist/fog coming down to from the moon to her feet, works well creating a sense of time about her, how it is mysterious despite being every night. The lack of an outline for the moon is also as good effect, hits the lighting home well.
The lower part of the tattoo on the guardian's face is curious, adds to a great deal of wistfulness to a very wistful piece. I'm not sure how exactly but I think it captures a sense of longing with his expression that he would lack without it. Well done.
A nice piece, very atmospheric.

Just glancing over your devart profile, I noticed you like The Adventures of The Baron Muunchasen. That immediately and vastly increases my estimation of you, best film ever IMHO. Actually don't know why I din't notice it before, I can see a touch of Gilliam about your works.:)

Voronwe[MQ]
12-11-2006, 13:05
Who ever said that Utopia is a alternative future fiction?

Also, there's a hell lot of mysteries in it, so let's keep it opaque. :)

Aerion the Faithful
12-11-2006, 14:16
i must see these earlier illustrations, show me!...

:cheese: Never! Are you mad!? Those are buried forever in the 'Vault of Shame'!

Hmm, interesting concept...i always thought each level was totally different going by your earlier description, it makes more sense why things look similar now in light of what you've said.

Right, i may have been misunderstood about that. The levels are indeed each one very different from one another, but the overall arcihtecture of the building (being the creation of one man alone) is obviously similar in certain aspects. Besides, after the creation of the Tower, some centuries later, when Brom (The Engineer Supreme) took charge of the Level of Engineering and Biotechnology things started to look somewhat alike in certain elements that became homogeneus between levels, such as touch-screens, spider-keys, glasses and all the typical instruments of life. Since they had to be made in industrial quantities, there was no time for Brom to do a particular design for them anymore, apart from some slight changes to fit the technology to each level.
The main difference between levels is, as i said, the colour that stands out. Each level has a predominant colour that no other level can reproduce; therefore, if you're predominantly blue, and move onto a level predominantly red, your blue will become a dark grey to accomodate. Certain characters, however, can keep their colours intact while changing levels, but that's usually due to them being mythical or important figures inside the Tower.

There, order is restored to the stories and art forum universe.

It was never disturbed, mate! :D

p.s lurrve that generator pic in your deviantArt profile, have you ever considered doing some large format posters of works like that, I'd buy one for sure.

I may do something of the sort, but i'm waiting for the novel to come out and see how it goes. You will, of course get all the exclusives here on WarSeer!

Something most people forget today is that virtualy all space we live in has "lightpolution" making it seem more dark on the sky then it actually is.

Absolutely right! I always lived in a small city here in Argentina (where i was born actually) by the seaside, so the sky for me was always as i depicted here.

;1067190']It is an amazing piece of art there, Aerion; I really enjoy your style. How will Utopia with its lovely black - white - grey - another colour be released? In Argentina alone, perhaps with orders available over the web? In Europe too? Wow, I'd love to get it.

Thanks you for the compliments, mate! The novel will actually be sold in the US, and on the rest of the world through the publisher's online store. So, if you want a copy, just go by the Wilde Times (http://www.wildetimes.com) site and check out their store.

Shhhh! That's the sort of thing that is used for the twist ending!
Seriously, that's probably pretty integral to the plot, so no doubt we'll be finding out soon.
I like the way we've been fed information, the way we are given brief snapshots of some specific characters or settings, such as the witch and the moonchild. Gives us a taste of the different aspects of the tower but forces our imaginations to get to work on wondering about it. Very clever Aerion and kudos for it, makes it that much more enrapturing for us who are waiting with bated breath.
As regards Moonchild, I second the comment on how light the night sky is, in a similiar fashion to my comment on your fantasy piece. But I get where you're coming from, using the black inks makes this a necessity and with it being so integral to your style, I understand. Fair play.
I'm quite fond of the mist/fog coming down to from the moon to her feet, works well creating a sense of time about her, how it is mysterious despite being every night. The lack of an outline for the moon is also as good effect, hits the lighting home well.
The lower part of the tattoo on the guardian's face is curious, adds to a great deal of wistfulness to a very wistful piece. I'm not sure how exactly but I think it captures a sense of longing with his expression that he would lack without it. Well done.
A nice piece, very atmospheric.
Just glancing over your devart profile, I noticed you like The Adventures of The Baron Muunchasen. That immediately and vastly increases my estimation of you, best film ever IMHO. Actually don't know why I din't notice it before, I can see a touch of Gilliam about your works.:)

Thank you very much for your words, Sandlemad! As i've said before, you have a very keen eye for the way i do my work and truly know how to put in words your thoughts and feelings. I'm glad that you enjoy the mystery of the story, since Utopia is very much like that at times. I mainly want the readers to feel like they're part of the legends i'm telling and as such i don't want to give them all the details and 'take them by the hand' as a father would do to a child who doesn't understand. I've always been of the school of authors who let a lot be found out by the reader himself.
Plus, the whole atmosphere of the Tower has to feel 'alien' as we walk through it; it's a different world, after all.
And about 'Munchausen', well... what can i say? I think that the 'Trilogy of imagination' as Terry Gilliam calls 'Time Bandits', 'Brazil' and 'The Adventures of Baron Munchausen' is something everyne should watch. Each is a piece of art and has a lot of depth and layers that you discover each time you see them.

;1068895']Who ever said that Utopia is a alternative future fiction?

I don't know who said that, but it wasn't me :angel: ... I actually never say exactly where or when the story happens, because it isn't really relevant to it at all. Utopia is about the characters and what happens with them, more than 'where they are'...

Also, there's a hell lot of mysteries in it, so let's keep it opaque.

Right on!

Thank you so much again for the great interest you have in the novel. I'm working really hard to bring you the best of me in it and i do hope you enjoy it at last when it's out.

Soon i'll have more updates as i work on the pages!

Aerion the Faithful

Aerion the Faithful
17-11-2006, 22:47
Well...
I've returned with a vengeance this time! I'm working hard on the Utopia: Preview, so fortunately for those of you interested, there'll be plenty of regular updates throughout this month and the next until i finish it. The pencils for the pages are finished, and i will start inking and colouring next week.
In the meantime, i've been finishing slowly the six new illustrations that will go to print exclusively with this Preview. And so, i bring you another image of the lovely Yellow assassin you've had the pleasure to see in the firt post of this thread... I've also written a bit of a background for her, that i hope you enjoy.
So, without further adue...

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/aerion_the_faithful/Utopia/SmoothCriminaledit.jpg

"Yellow barely knew when she had entered the 'business' of killing people. All she knew was that she had done it out of hatred; hatred for the sacred Order of Monks that she had failed to impress with her skills many years ago. She wanted to be a devote disciple and learner, but her dreams were of little importance to the Masters she wanted to serve. They shamed her and so, in a sort of twisted revenge, she promised she'd be so reknowned an assassin that even they would fear her hands, which they had deemed so 'unreliable'. 'Unrealiable!', she kept remembering the words in her head... had she been unreliable on the last thousand deaths she'd caused? Had she ever missed a target? Never! That's why every creature inside of the Tower whom had the money to afford her services, didn't waste a second thought and paid her. She was a guarantee. That's what she had tried to tell the so-called 'Masters'... but that was a long time ago... and she'd seen the faces of terror on some of them when she came back with a contract; to kill them."

Recommended soundtrack: 'Smooth Criminal' by Michael Jackson (yes, i know it's weird... but it works! :D )

Until soon.

Aerion the Faithful

Pfreck
18-11-2006, 08:14
Nice work Aerion! She has a more dynamic pose now, and I like it! :D
I also like the fluff and the word 'Bitch' on her suit.. ;)

ViewFinder
18-11-2006, 09:02
Oo. Me likes, work and fluff very much. Very dynamic indeed I really feel the 'move' in your work and background really fits in scheme, for some reason I get Die hard feeling, don't know why but it suits. Still once again I see somesort of problem on your work(sadly I see most things that disturb me), her left arm, the one behind, looks like her shoulder is out of joint.
Question? Is she jumping through somesort of window? and what is that little round creature? somesort of cherub(spelling?)
I really like that 'Bitch' on her suit...

ViewFinder
-Fear not the Darkness, fear what it hides...

Evilgnome
18-11-2006, 11:43
Great sense of movement.

Aerion the Faithful
18-11-2006, 12:06
Nice work Aerion! She has a more dynamic pose now, and I like it! :D
I also like the fluff and the word 'Bitch' on her suit.. ;)

Thank you, mate! Always a pleasure to hear from you...

Oo. Me likes, work and fluff very much. Very dynamic indeed I really feel the 'move' in your work and background really fits in scheme, for some reason I get Die hard feeling, don't know why but it suits. Still once again I see somesort of problem on your work(sadly I see most things that disturb me), her left arm, the one behind, looks like her shoulder is out of joint.

Thanks for the compliments Viewfinder. I'm happy that this image can spell 'action' to you, since that was my aim and also that you get that 'Die Hard' feeling which is what this character is about...
On the subject of the arm, i an understand how it may seems to you that her arm is out of place, but that's due to the position in which she's in. I'm really picky when it comes to anatomy and proportion and when i sketch out the image, i always start with a 'skeleton' for the main figure which will help me sort out any problems that might appear. But you have no need to apologize! If i post it i expect for people to give me a 'heads-up', so that i can explain any doubts or if i've already thought of any particular problem that is mentioned. Thanks again!

EDIT: Coming to think about it, and after watching the image again having considered your advice, ViewFinder, i thought you were right about her shoulder. Therefore i fixed the image, which i think is good now!

Question? Is she jumping through somesort of window? and what is that little round creature? somesort of cherub(spelling?)
I really like that 'Bitch' on her suit...

Yes, she is jumping out of a window. i thought of her being in a level made out of tall crystal cathedrals.
And the cherub (yes, it is a cherub) is a mascot that is very popular on certain levels of the Tower. Those little beings are thought out to be companions and are attached to the owner's DNA and mental reactions, so that they can interact perfectly with them and their mood. They also serve as 'little helpers' in certain tasks and can be ordered either male or female.

Thanks again!

Until soon.

Aerion the Faithful

ViewFinder
18-11-2006, 15:06
Thanks for the compliments Viewfinder. I'm happy that this image can spell 'action' to you, since that was my aim and also that you get that 'Die Hard' feeling which is what this character is about...
On the subject of the arm, i an understand how it may seems to you that her arm is out of place, but that's due to the position in which she's in. I'm really picky when it comes to anatomy and proportion and when i sketch out the image, i always start with a 'skeleton' for the main figure which will help me sort out any problems that might appear. But you have no need to apologize! If i post it i expect for people to give me a 'heads-up', so that i can explain any doubts or if i've already thought of any particular problem that is mentioned. Thanks again!

Aha. Then my feeling just got better than before. Very well then, we'll see then what I'll manage to see in your works.

EDIT: Coming to think about it, and after watching the image again having considered your advice, ViewFinder, i thought you were right about her shoulder. Therefore i fixed the image, which i think is good now!

Oh, I did saw something that need little fix? As for fixed version it looks now much better now and at the moment I don't see anything that could be wrong anymore. I'm happy if my comment helped.

Yes, she is jumping out of a window. i thought of her being in a level made out of tall crystal cathedrals.
And the cherub (yes, it is a cherub) is a mascot that is very popular on certain levels of the Tower. Those little beings are thought out to be companions and are attached to the owner's DNA and mental reactions, so that they can interact perfectly with them and their mood. They also serve as 'little helpers' in certain tasks and can be ordered either male or female.

Interesting, very interesting, truly interesing... Think I need buy your work when it comes out. When was it?

ViewFinder
-Fear not the Darkness, Fear what it hides...

Voronwe[MQ]
18-11-2006, 21:38
Oo. Me likes, work and fluff very much. Very dynamic indeed I really feel the 'move' in your work and background really fits in scheme, for some reason I get Die hard feeling, don't know why but it suits.

I agree; great background (including that of the cherubs) and very dynamic piece of work. Die hard? Perhaps because she's jumping through a window? :D (kídding. actually being near a splintering window is dangerous as hell, and should be avoided at all costs, if you can foresee it. if you are able to foresee it, dive. do not believe it is like in Hollywood, where everyone goes through every window - damnit, didn't catch the instruction feel of it. anyway, the crystaline glass shards actually looks as though you'd survive pretty unscatched if you knew the trick [fast movement, head down, no hesitating - perhaps] and dared do it)

Working by skeletons is smart; I know a friend who's becoming a comic artist - he draws up skeleton anatomic figures too, but there's 0.002 degrees dynamism in his, so it might be a question of 'skill' ;).

Originally posted by sigur
holy emperor, just imagine a horde of mad finns waving axes, shouting "perrrrrrrrrkele" at you!

That phrase actually made me laugh when I saw it. :D

ViewFinder
19-11-2006, 10:43
;1083848']I agree; great background (including that of the cherubs) and very dynamic piece of work. Die hard? Perhaps because she's jumping through a window? :D (kídding. actually being near a splintering window is dangerous as hell, and should be avoided at all costs, if you can foresee it. if you are able to foresee it, dive. do not believe it is like in Hollywood, where everyone goes through every window - damnit, didn't catch the instruction feel of it. anyway, the crystaline glass shards actually looks as though you'd survive pretty unscatched if you knew the trick [fast movement, head down, no hesitating - perhaps] and dared do it)

Working by skeletons is smart; I know a friend who's becoming a comic artist - he draws up skeleton anatomic figures too, but there's 0.002 degrees dynamism in his, so it might be a question of 'skill' ;).

Yeah, I know what kind of crap hollywood does sometimes, but it's nice to see people jumping trough windows in a wrong way and getting away unharmed and hitting people with pucnhes that would have certaintly killed them. Splintering class is dangerous I have felt it couple of times(I'm not jumping through windows).

Question of 'skill', truly. Drawing the frame or skeleton(which are almost the same thing, but with little differences) is probably the best way handle anatomy and positions.

"]

holy emperor, just imagine a horde of mad finns waving axes, shouting "perrrrrrrrrkele" at you!
That phrase actually made me laugh when I saw it. :D

ques how long I laughted it when I first saw it.:D

ViewFinder
-Fear not the darkness, fear what it hides...

Aerion the Faithful
19-11-2006, 15:31
Aha. Then my feeling just got better than before. Very well then, we'll see then what I'll manage to see in your works.

That's the spirit! But don't be too picky :p ...

Oh, I did saw something that need little fix? As for fixed version it looks now much better now and at the moment I don't see anything that could be wrong anymore. I'm happy if my comment helped.

It did help. Comments always help, that is why i encourage them. A nice advice from someone who has spotted something that i may have missed is great to have around, because it lets you fix it and have it in mind for the next time.

Think I need buy your work when it comes out. When was it?

Well, the official release date for the graphic novel is October 10, 2007, but there will be a Preview (which is what i'm working on now), released by the end of January (tentatively).

;1083848']I agree; great background (including that of the cherubs) and very dynamic piece of work. Die hard? Perhaps because she's jumping through a window? :D (kídding. actually being near a splintering window is dangerous as hell, and should be avoided at all costs, if you can foresee it. if you are able to foresee it, dive. do not believe it is like in Hollywood, where everyone goes through every window - damnit, didn't catch the instruction feel of it. anyway, the crystaline glass shards actually looks as though you'd survive pretty unscatched if you knew the trick [fast movement, head down, no hesitating - perhaps] and dared do it)

I rather enjoyed this warning of not going through windows :D . But, of course, you're right; the same applies to bullet wounds, for example, which are portrayed in Hollywood as being something like a scratch compared to other wounds and in reality a bullet can do a lot of harm...

Thank you for the compliments! And your friend may be having trouble when fleshing out the skeleton once its done. It's always very difficult to keep the freshness of the first sketch once you're doing the whole finished picture. That may be what's happening to him... however, as you said, it's a question of skill, which is acquired through practice; there's no way around it!

I will have more updates later in the afternoon i believe or tomorrow.

See you then!

Aerion the Faithful

Voronwe[MQ]
19-11-2006, 18:58
I rather enjoyed this warning of not going through windows :D . But, of course, you're right; the same applies to bullet wounds, for example, which are portrayed in Hollywood as being something like a scratch compared to other wounds and in reality a bullet can do a lot of harm...

Pheew * lynch-mob bypassing house * Yep; that's because they burst tissue.

Thank you for the compliments! And your friend may be having trouble when fleshing out the skeleton once its done. It's always very difficult to keep the freshness of the first sketch once you're doing the whole finished picture. That may be what's happening to him... however, as you said, it's a question of skill, which is acquired through practice; there's no way around it!

Spot on! I know that myself, but I'm too stubborn to give up (which mean I also progress very slow) with something until I'm satisfied enough. Now, people - including all my friends - have told me I could challenge a Dwarf (big beginning letter; Fantasy dwarf) in a stare-as-long-as-you-just-can-whilst-frowning-and-try-to-not-starve-to-death match, unlike my friend. Though his comics are less realistic than, say, yours. Search pictures for Herman Hedning on a search engine and you'll see what I mean. Practice - the hard way. Never any other way around, but one shouldn't be surprised that this always seems to remain the case throughout our lifes and history. <Grins>

I will have more updates later in the afternoon i believe or tomorrow.

See you then!

Aerion the Faithful

Good, I'll be looking forward for it.

Yeah, I know what kind of crap hollywood does sometimes, but it's nice to see people jumping trough windows in a wrong way and getting away unharmed and hitting people with pucnhes that would have certaintly killed them.

Especially if you can trick someone to actually do it!

Splintering class is dangerous I have felt it couple of times(I'm not jumping through windows).

You are not :eek: ?

Question of 'skill', truly. Drawing the frame or skeleton(which are almost the same thing, but with little differences) is probably the best way handle anatomy and positions.

I agree, and then I myself draws the outer contours of a body/vehicle/other machine and only tries a partial skeleton-sketch once I've failed ten times in a row.

guess how long I laughted it when I first saw it.:D

I suppose you're still laughing and has not yet stopped accelerating in the underlying hard chuckling. Oh, then we'll have to operate a provisory respirator into your throat, but you might choke yourself to death whilst yell-laughing before the ambulance reach you! :D

Reign in Blood
20-11-2006, 00:21
I really can't wait to get my hands on this when it is done. As always great stuff mate.

ViewFinder
20-11-2006, 05:21
;1085556']
Especially if you can trick someone to actually do it!

Those poor little devils, only mentioned in the last line of ending text.

;1085556']
You are not :eek: ?
Yes, I'm not jumping.:eek:

;1085556']
I agree, and then I myself draws the outer contours of a body/vehicle/other machine and only tries a partial skeleton-sketch once I've failed ten times in a row.

One can do, if one can practice enough. (Me and my poor understand of language)

;1085556']
I suppose you're still laughing and has not yet stopped accelerating in the underlying hard chuckling. Oh, then we'll have to operate a provisory respirator into your throat, but you might choke yourself to death whilst yell-laughing before the ambulance reach you! :D

Not quite right but almost, still at least chuckling but I think I have no need to provisory respirator at least at the moment.
But as finn it'll cause me a heartattack witch I am going to die when I get old enough...:skull:

Aerion the Faithful
20-11-2006, 11:37
Well as i promised, here is another update. This time around, i bring you an illustration that i did as a homage to the incredibly tough time all artists have trying to figure out volume and shapes with lighting, and yet tying it to the Utopia mythos.
This image is set in a level where volume doesn't exist, and is ruled by robots whom are constantly trying to decipher the organics mysteries. Mysteries to them mind you...
So, here you have it, and i hope you like it, as well as the short text i've written for it.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/aerion_the_faithful/Utopia/Enigma.jpg

"The robots stared at the fairy again with thier bionic eyes zooming in and out of her figure. 'Can you explain why your body looks as it does, little one?' said one of them, finally, with its cold and deep artificial voice. 'Well', replied the fairy hesitating for a moment 'i don't know what you are referring to exactly...' 'To your 'forms'', added another of the sentient machines. 'There's an element about them as we have never witnessed. Is this what you organics call 'volume' in the levels outside?' The fairy looked at them in amezement but soon understood that these beings lived in a world where volume didn't exist. Where everything was bi-dimensional and black and white. She didn't know where to start... she wasn't a diplomat! She was just lost and didn't know how she had been teleported to that strange place with all those strange faces that asked strange questions. 'It's hard to explain' she said, shrugging. The robots talked to each other in a language she couldn't recognize for some time, and then one of them approached her again. 'We understand your lack of a reasonable explanation for your forms, organic; however, we are compelled to ask you... what is that on your wings?' The fairy sighed... how would she explain COLOUR to them if she didn't even know how to explain volume?"

Until soon.

Aerion the Faithful

Terminatorphoenix
20-11-2006, 15:15
This is starting to look really interesting.Like the seventies and pink floyd

Ophidicus
20-11-2006, 16:03
I'm speechless, but I'll try anyway...

The idea of beings living an entirely 2-dimensional existence then being exposed to a third and trying to comprehend it is fascinating, truly. I have wonder how much sleep you had the night you thought of that, I'll bet you couldn't stop thinking about it, I certainly wouldnt. These being being robots too is a touch of brilliance, it adds an entirely new level, the idea of an entirely logical and artificial mind trying to comprehend at all, let alone something alien (and especially so shattering as a hitherto undiscovered fundamental concept of existence) really is captivating.

The illustration is entirely beautiful, the robots have such thoughtful and solemn faces, a construct shouldn't have depth to it's facial expression, but these robots are utterly human... it's quite incredible. The vivid colour of the fairy makes it a little hard to pay attention to the rest of the picture, but it's well worth the effort. As do her cute legs, but well...

Mr the Faithful, I heartily salute your vision and talents, of which you've much and many.

ViewFinder
20-11-2006, 16:05
Iiiinntrestiiinnngg. Very interesting. No colours, no volumes. Most interesting and unique idea I have heard for long time, truly fasinating(sp?) idea.
As for the pic... Robots are robots they probably can't be estimitated, but only thing that disturbs me is the robots 'hand' which is under the fairy, if it's a hand. It just doesn't look like robots. There's not much more to say about picture, but even black and white pic it's stunning, even if the fairy collects attention and drags centre of gravity to right down corner.

ViewFinder

Pfreck
20-11-2006, 16:57
Awesome as always Aerion, I really like the mono style of this level.. it looks like it isn't finished yet :p

Tom
20-11-2006, 19:15
These being being robots too is a touch of brilliance, it adds an entirely new level, the idea of an entirely logical and artificial mind trying to comprehend at all, let alone something alien (and especially so shattering as a hitherto undiscovered fundamental concept of existence) really is captivating.

V'ger is That which seeks the Creator...

Holy God. This stuff is phenomenal. Not just the superb artwork (I love how you explain your own personal preferences for colour use within the storyline itself) but the storyline itself. It's just so.... Strange, so beautiful...

Voronwe[MQ]
20-11-2006, 20:02
Agreed, that's what makes it so attractive; whether you are a relatively logical person (like me, I've been told. people doesn't seem to be that happy with logic by their tone. :p) or someone who usualy sits away evenings chewing through movies (the examples is not meant as a kind of antithesis - I just had to write something. I know they are bad; ignore it), you will inevitably find it so... strange, so beautiful.

I like the new piece, and of course the background, since it is the kind of idea you must have got which usualy makes me suddenly hyper-active and unable to sleep for hours whilst I think like who-knows-what about all manner of perspectives, complications etc of the idea and wonders why none is up out running and why you cannot start a ten-mile sprint at the very moment, just for the fun of it. Gosh, I'm glad I haven't got struck by a idea like Utopia.* My neighbours would kill me.

*In fact I have, but it's not at all as good as this, so I've survived.

Ophidicus
20-11-2006, 20:45
It's been a long, long time since I saw that, thankyou for reminding me of it... very apt.

Aerion the Faithful
20-11-2006, 20:46
:D I'm happy, my friends... really happy! I can't describe how great it is for an artist and developer to suddenly find out there are people who love the background and images they've created. It's truly a fulfilling experience...

This is starting to look really interesting.Like the seventies and pink floyd

Well, Pink Floyd has always been an inspiration to me (and Roger waters is coming to Argentina next year! Wooohooo!); so, i'm glad that this is starting to look like that; a great compliment indeed! Thank you, mate!

I'm speechless, but I'll try anyway...
The idea of beings living an entirely 2-dimensional existence then being exposed to a third and trying to comprehend it is fascinating, truly. I have wonder how much sleep you had the night you thought of that, I'll bet you couldn't stop thinking about it, I certainly wouldnt. These being being robots too is a touch of brilliance, it adds an entirely new level, the idea of an entirely logical and artificial mind trying to comprehend at all, let alone something alien (and especially so shattering as a hitherto undiscovered fundamental concept of existence) really is captivating.
The illustration is entirely beautiful, the robots have such thoughtful and solemn faces, a construct shouldn't have depth to it's facial expression, but these robots are utterly human... it's quite incredible. The vivid colour of the fairy makes it a little hard to pay attention to the rest of the picture, but it's well worth the effort. As do her cute legs, but well...
Mr the Faithful, I heartily salute your vision and talents, of which you've much and many.

Tnak you so much, Ophidicus for this very sensitive and insightful comment. It's truly a blessing to be able to touch people's feelings and have them 'experiencing' an illustration; it's actually what makes this whole business worthy.

Iiiinntrestiiinnngg. Very interesting. No colours, no volumes. Most interesting and unique idea I have heard for long time, truly fasinating(sp?) idea.
As for the pic... Robots are robots they probably can't be estimitated, but only thing that disturbs me is the robots 'hand' which is under the fairy, if it's a hand. It just doesn't look like robots. There's not much more to say about picture, but even black and white pic it's stunning, even if the fairy collects attention and drags centre of gravity to right down corner.
ViewFinder

Thank you so much for the compliment, Viewfinder! As for the details you picked up, i believe that what you pointed out is indeed a hand. I didn't have the space to fully flesh it out in this illustration, but its design is quite strange (as are the rest of this level's dwellers); perhaps when you see it it will be a bit more clear to you and not so 'disturbing'.
And about the fairy gathering all the attention, well, i specifically drew her in that corner so that the eye-travelling would be set from there; it's, of course, the first thing you see, and then you move onto the other parts of the image. I thought it would be nice to have you stare first at the fairy, with her lost expression of surprise and then slowly discover why she was so.

Awesome as always Aerion, I really like the mono style of this level.. it looks like it isn't finished yet

Thanks, mate. It's always a pleasure to hear from you; and yes, it does look 'unfinished', but remember that that is according to our three-dimensional minds. The robots in this level feel very much 'complete'.

(Ahhhh, the days of Kirk... so many memories... :p )

Holy God. This stuff is phenomenal. Not just the superb artwork (I love how you explain your own personal preferences for colour use within the storyline itself) but the storyline itself. It's just so.... Strange, so beautiful...

Thank you so much for the kind words, mate!

;1088282']Agreed, that's what makes it so attractive; whether you are a relatively logical person (like me, I've been told. people doesn't seem to be that happy with logic by their tone. :p) or someone who usualy sits away evenings chewing through movies (the examples is not meant as a kind of antithesis - I just had to write something. I know they are bad; ignore it), you will inevitably find it so... strange, so beautiful.
I like the new piece, and of course the background, since it is the kind of idea you must have got which usualy makes me suddenly hyper-active and unable to sleep for hours whilst I think like who-knows-what about all manner of perspectives, complications etc of the idea and wonders why none is up out running and why you cannot start a ten-mile sprint at the very moment, just for the fun of it. Gosh, I'm glad I haven't got struck by a idea like Utopia.* My neighbours would kill me.
*In fact I have, but it's not at all as good as this, so I've survived.

I'm glad i've surprised you with this piece too, Voronwe[MQ]! An idea is pretty much like you have described it when it strucks into your brain: you can't sleep, you can't eat... but fortunately for me i have a loving and caring wife that will kick me in the nuts in case i've gone too far :D ...

Thank you all again and remember to check this thread regularly as i will have more updates soon!

Aerion the Faithful

Tom
20-11-2006, 21:41
I'd quote the next film, but we all know it'd just be a single screamed word.

So you've just avoided the difficulties of established science by telling it to go away, correct? Ignoring it, to all intents and purposes. Good call.

I'm intrigued to see what genre this is. It's not sci-fi, it's not fantasy. There are definite cyberpunk and gothic elements. It is... It is all that it is. It is no more, no less.

Damn it, this would make an absolutely stunning RPG.

Aerion the Faithful
26-11-2006, 02:41
Hello all again!
I've been hard at work this week and have already finished about 7 pages of the Preview; so, i'm quite happy! :D On top of that i've had time to paint the illustrations that'll go in exclusive there too, and that's what this update is all about... however, i'd like to acknowledge a comment by Tom that i didn't have time to answer before:

I'm intrigued to see what genre this is. It's not sci-fi, it's not fantasy. There are definite cyberpunk and gothic elements. It is... It is all that it is. It is no more, no less.

That, my friend, is exactly what i intended with this story; to be able to combine elements from all the genres that i've loved for years but merging them into something completely original. And i think that, to an extent, i've achieved it. Thanks, mate!

And now, without further ado...

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/aerion_the_faithful/Utopia/TheManwhosoldtheWorld.jpg

"Chancellor Opium took off his hat and placed in upon the floating chair in the lobby and went straight to the dining room. He had been working late, as usual.
Right beside the table, his servant was expecting him with his meal and a document that the High Council of The Forum had sent for him to sign. The Chancellor took it off his servant's hands and read it quickly, while he sunk the tip of his pen on his ink well. The smell of the freash dinner awaiting him and the sound of water and wine filling the crystal glasses distracted him and he wanted to be over with these bureaucracy, until he saw a name that froze him.
The document was a Death Sentence for Homicide issued form the 100th Level (Security and Peacekeeping), and the prisoner's name was known to Opium.
'That bastard!' he thought, while his mind travelled back years until his very childhood. He remembered he'd always been an outcast; a boy laughed at by others. Coming from a poor family in the urban levels, Opium was never what you'd call a 'gracious' person and his shyness aggravated each time the other kids hit him for being a 'freak'. His parents had almost sold their souls to send him to the best Educational Institutes in many levels, but nothing could change where he came from. And Opium grew bitter and ill at others and their jokes. 'I will be the one laughing one day' he used to say to Balgor when the young son of Chancellor Baldar spat him on the ground and hit him with his heavy metal boots.
Time passed and Opium's features didn't become any more beautiful; they actually got quite worse, and he gained even much more weight than his already obese body could tolerate; bionics were needed and he paid them himself, because he had made interesting contacts within the halls of The Forum during an internship provided by one of the Institutes where he attended. His powerful friends increased and their number grew, which offered Opium the chance to have his own agenda and carry it through. He became a wealthy and powerful man and people feared him.
The only person who still presented Opium with a reminder of his days as a shy and poor boy was Balgor who now occupied the sit that his father had left when he died. Slowly but firmly, Opium continued to gain power in The Forum and soon became Chancellor; and not only that, a few years later (due to many obscure moves) he became Prime Chancellor. But Balgor was still there, gnawing at him with his wry smile; reminding him that he was alone and had no friends but only enemies. Balgor knew that Opium had even ordered for the Engineer Supreme to provide him with genetically modified female clones of himself as his servants because he trusted no one. What an act of egotism and narcisism!
But Opium let Balgor talk and acuse him; he had a plan. Slowly through the years he had been pulling strings and building a strategy that had finally paid off that night. He had the life of his most hated enemy on his hands; the man who had turned him into a bitter and wretched being was finally paying its debt.
His hands hesitated... what would've become of him had he not suffered so much when he was just a child, full of fears and sadness? Was it 'justice' to put a man to death for being cruel? Aren't all children cruel? The pen shivered over the paper for another instant...
Yes. It was justice. He had the power now; he was laughing in the end.
Opium signed the document with a smile on his fat face. In the morning, Balgor would be dead, and he would be sitting there in his final moments staring into his desperate eyes... O! How fun! How JUST!
The Chancellor gave the paper to his servant and sipped a bit of wine. 'The pen is mightier than the sword, indeed...' he said to himself. And his laughter echoed across the halls."

I hope you enjoy it!

Oh! And, as for the reccomended soundtrack, you know what to listen to while watching this ;) ...

Until soon.

Aerion the Faithful

colrouphobic
26-11-2006, 05:22
saw it in your DevArt account, loved it, +fav'ed it and would do the same here if I could.
I love the look of that guy...

Pfreck
26-11-2006, 08:07
Wow! you keep updating don't you? ;) I really like this illustration, Opium is one of my favorite characters. This illustration gives a Opera feeling combined with Sci-fi.. I like it!

Voronwe[MQ]
26-11-2006, 10:30
The character's background is very interesting, and the illustration is marvellous. His hesitation followed by the reflection 'Aren't all children cruel?' was excellent. Ah. I can't barely wait to see more!

:DI'm glad i've surprised you with this piece too, Voronwe[MQ]! An idea is pretty much like you have described it when it strucks into your brain: you can't sleep, you can't eat... but fortunately for me i have a loving and caring wife that will kick me in the nuts in case i've gone too far :D ...

I think I'm on the way of getting used to being surprised by your pieces. ;) I almost think I'd enjoy being teleported to that level. Tip: ask a friend to explain 'pain'. Then, when they have explained what 'pain' is, ask what the explanation means... When, or if you gets down to the 'is electrical signals!' plane, then you shall ask them what electricity is, and if they for some reason have not shouted angrily yet, they will now... I've been the 'victim' of this 'method' myself, but I actually thought it pretty funny.

Ouch, but women are women, I suppose... :D

ViewFinder
26-11-2006, 16:13
The bad guy, eh? Looks like a one, he seems to be somesort of cliché, but bionic parts and egoism and narsism do tone it done so he won't be true cliché. Bionic eye looks briliant and other bionics also, but four hands? Just bionic hands or do he have four 'real' hands? He looks intimidating(sp?) and 'grim' looking the paper, great looks.
I really like those cups how they float on that small orb underneath them, great idea.
Servant clone behind the fat guy seems a bit fancy whit those extra hands ad that odd piece of cloth, but still great.
Story is also great. Good ol' "I will have the last laugh"-story work with picture indeed.

ViewFinder
-Fear not the Darkness, fear what it hides...

WarWolf
26-11-2006, 16:27
I wont judge story - I´ll wait to see your comic ;) ..., but on graphics..., man, I LOVE your simplicity, straight lines, nice coloring, it´s great!

Voronwe[MQ]
26-11-2006, 18:50
I really like those cups how they float on that small orb underneath them, great idea.

Me too. It fits so well into it, for some reason.

Servant clone behind the fat guy seems a bit fancy whit those extra hands ad that odd piece of cloth, but still great.

That short puff-sleeved cloth should be there, in my opinion. And I do like what it fails to hide.:angel:

Story is also great. Good ol' "I will have the last laugh"-story work with picture indeed.

Indeed. Everything is so well done. At first I did not like the 'fatman' character, but now he is a vital constitutional part of it!

Aerion the Faithful
26-11-2006, 21:45
Hi all! I'm very happy that you liked this one as well; Opium is quite an important character in the story, not so much because of what he actively does, but because his desicions lead to main events taking place within the Tower...

saw it in your DevArt account, loved it, +fav'ed it and would do the same here if I could.
I love the look of that guy...

Thanks, mate! I appreciate your support a lot and you know it!

Wow! you keep updating don't you? ;) I really like this illustration, Opium is one of my favorite characters. This illustration gives a Opera feeling combined with Sci-fi.. I like it!

Thanks, Pfreck! You've nailed the style i was aiming for with this, combining the Opera with the basic Utopia Sci-Fi...

;1100990']The character's background is very interesting, and the illustration is marvellous. His hesitation followed by the reflection 'Aren't all children cruel?' was excellent. Ah. I can't barely wait to see more!

Wow! That you're so excited means a lot to me, mate! It's actually the drive i need to keep going..

I think I'm on the way of getting used to being surprised by your pieces. ;) I almost think I'd enjoy being teleported to that level. Tip: ask a friend to explain 'pain'. Then, when they have explained what 'pain' is, ask what the explanation means... When, or if you gets down to the 'is electrical signals!' plane, then you shall ask them what electricity is, and if they for some reason have not shouted angrily yet, they will now... I've been the 'victim' of this 'method' myself, but I actually thought it pretty funny.

Interesting trick, heh, heh... although if i try that on my girlfriend i know that i'll be sleeping on the couch! :D

The bad guy, eh? Looks like a one, he seems to be somesort of clich&#233;, but bionic parts and egoism and narsism do tone it done so he won't be true clich&#233;. Bionic eye looks briliant and other bionics also, but four hands? Just bionic hands or do he have four 'real' hands? He looks intimidating(sp?) and 'grim' looking the paper, great looks.

Thank you Viewfinder! The floating devices are actually a pretty 'original' invention that i'm proud of. Those small spheres are created on the 2nd Level by the Engineer Supreme, and are used on almost every fragile object such as monitors and glasses. Cups will never fall to the ground or spill no matter how you hit them, because of those spheres...
About the arms, well, i have to say i haven't really delved into that yet, but it is a common 'genetic' feature on certain cultures and species inside of the Tower. They're indeed real hands but, for Opium, they were particularly upgraded with bionics at his bidding.

I wont judge story - I&#180;ll wait to see your comic ;) ..., but on graphics..., man, I LOVE your simplicity, straight lines, nice coloring, it&#180;s great!

Thanks for the compliments on my style!

I will be updating again this week, my friends, so keep your eyes open and let me know wat you think as usual!

Until soon.

Aerion the Faithful

biggreengribbly
27-11-2006, 09:06
four hands? Just bionic hands or do he have four 'real' hands? He looks intimidating(sp?) and 'grim' looking the paper, great looks.

Well remember. The she servant is a genetically altered clone. And while his four arms are mechanical, hers look like flesh and blood. Co-incidence therefore that the original and his clone have four arms?

Aerion the Faithful
02-12-2006, 03:10
Update time again, my friends!
And on top of a brand new illustration i also bring you GREAT news. I've talked to my Editor and h'es told me that the Preview for Utopia will be given away for FREE. Yes! You heard right! The Preview will be available to all those who wish to have it, and (as i've been told) the only requirement would be that you send an e-mail with the shipping info to an address that i will reveal later on as i get more details. So, stay tuned on this thread and i'll give you further information on this, my friends...

And here, without further ado...

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/aerion_the_faithful/Utopia/AviewtoaKill.jpg

"I like you a lot. In fact, i like you so much that i think we shouldn't insult our intelligences by talking two hours while i buy you drinks and pretend i'm a good guy and only want to know about who you are and what are your dreams. The truth is... i want to see you naked. I want to have you in a bed, with me, now. I desire you and i have done so since i saw you by the bar...' said the man in the red trenchcoat to the Lady sitting on the long chair. She looked at him in awe; she couldn't, however, disguise her blushing and the actual fact that she had also seen him with interested eyes when he entered the smoke filled room.
'Are you serious? No regrets? No calls in the morning moaning about seeing me again?' she said, while curling her hair with a long pale finger.
He sipped a bit of her drink and came close to her mouth; so close that she could feel his arousing aura. He knew it all, or so it seemed.
'M'lady... you won't even know i was there in the morning. In fact, i dare you wake up after a taste of... well, me' he said, and his eyes glinted while his slips smiled wrily.
The next morning came and the assassin known as 'Red' had kept his promise. She wouldn't wake up; not today, nor ever...
'Too bad i had a contract for your neck, girl' he whispered. 'You were a real treat, but you weren't going very far anyway talking to strangers...'
The doors shut beside him and the room fell silent."

I hope you like it and tell me your thoughts as usual!

Aerion the Faithful

StormCrow
02-12-2006, 06:13
Looking really nice...apart from the blood spatter which i think a knife couldn't manage to spray so finely (correct me if i'm wrong) i think it looks very good. Is bastard related to bitch in any way? However the coat, water feature and bionics more than make up for it.

Oh and i really liked to story that went with this picture, my favourite so far.

And free preview!! count me in, awesome news.

Pfreck
02-12-2006, 07:13
That's great news Aerion!
The new character is awesome, I like it when you give the assassins the name of a colour, so is blue next? :P
Can't wait to get your preview!

WarWolf
02-12-2006, 07:44
That's great news indeed :)

Voronwe[MQ]
02-12-2006, 09:22
I like it very much; it's damn good. As StormCrow said, the bionics and water feature prevents any domination of the red coat. The 'cycle-fountain' looks awesome, and the effect of the knife with its vibrant light-wreath (spelling?) in her pale body and the blood effect is awesome! Keep them coming! Good story too. :)

Free preview? That's great news!

Aerion the Faithful
02-12-2006, 12:33
Looking really nice...apart from the blood spatter which i think a knife couldn't manage to spray so finely (correct me if i'm wrong) i think it looks very good. Is bastard related to bitch in any way? However the coat, water feature and bionics more than make up for it.
Oh and i really liked to story that went with this picture, my favourite so far.
And free preview!! count me in, awesome news.

Hey, mate! I'm glad you liked this one as well as the other i've been presenting. The short story i wrote for it is something that came out really well and almost 'naturally'; i didn't have to think much about it, thank the Emperor! :D
As for the blood spilling of the knife, well, i'll just have to blame it on 'fantasy' as the endless rounds of bullets on the weapons of every action movie hero. And yes, Red has a strange relationship with Yellow, that i'll be exploring bit by bit...

That's great news Aerion!
The new character is awesome, I like it when you give the assassins the name of a colour, so is blue next? :P
Can't wait to get your preview!

Thanks for the compliments as usual, Pfreck! And i really hadn't thought od doing a 'Blue' assassin yet... but it's a good idea. A whole guild of them... interesting... **goes to think staring at the wall**

That's great news indeed :)

I'm glad you think so! Thanks!

;1115545']I like it very much; it's damn good. As StormCrow said, the bionics and water feature prevents any domination of the red coat. The 'cycle-fountain' looks awesome, and the effect of the knife with its vibrant light-wreath (spelling?) in her pale body and the blood effect is awesome! Keep them coming! Good story too. :)
Free preview? That's great news!

Thank you, mate! I'm pretty glad of those effects i pulled off too, so it's great to know you're enjoying them!

And, as for the Preview, i still haven't received the proper details i need to have you order it, my friends, but stay tuned as i'll have them soon. Guess you'll just have to keep commenting on this latest piece ;)

Aerion the Faithful

Evilgnome
03-12-2006, 00:37
Hey Aerion, I really like your imagery on many levels, and the story looks very interesting so far.

The fiction you have included is quite well written, is it going in the final piece? If so, I hope you let a good editor run an eye over it to tighten it up and look after any grammatical issues.
As I said, it is well written, but there are a couple of ackward sentences here and there.

ViewFinder
03-12-2006, 08:40
Nice work Aerion, once again. Story is great I really like the assassin. Since you have have yellow and red assassin, ,may I ask are there more of these assassins and does the colour of assassin implify(sp?) anything?

The picture itself, yet again something disturbs me. At first glance assassins hands look too long and futher inspecting it seems that they are a bit too long, though his bionic arm look great and yet grude, I think it's more better than Ophiums sophisticated bionics.
works feeling is just great, yet murder has happened but feeling is still calm, like silence before storm.

ViewFinder

Aerion the Faithful
03-12-2006, 13:33
Hey Aerion, I really like your imagery on many levels, and the story looks very interesting so far.

Thank you very much, mate!

The fiction you have included is quite well written, is it going in the final piece? If so, I hope you let a good editor run an eye over it to tighten it up and look after any grammatical issues.
As I said, it is well written, but there are a couple of ackward sentences here and there.

Thst issue is very important to me, and (since i'm not an english native speaker) i'm aware that there are 'odd' phrases here and there and mostly some grammatical mistakes. But, as you so pointed out too, i have my Editor and a corrector looking into those, so they are fixed when the final version comes out.
This pieces i'm showing you here, however (such as 'A View to a Kill' the last one i've posted or the 'Enigma' one with the robots and the fairy) are not included in the graphic novel, nor in the Preview as i'm using this thread mainly as a sort of 'expanding appendices' were you and everyone interested in the background of this world can get to know more details.

Nice work Aerion, once again. Story is great I really like the assassin. Since you have have yellow and red assassin, ,may I ask are there more of these assassins and does the colour of assassin implify(sp?) anything?

Thank you, mate! I haven't been 'investigating' too much on the colours and their relation to the assassin's themselves. The only thing i know is that 'Yellow' uses that colour as an open display of the fact that she's been shamed; and 'Red' uses it because it is the colour of blood. At first, i hadn't planned more of these guild of murderers, but since it has been suggested here and i like the idea, i might give it a go...

The picture itself, yet again something disturbs me. At first glance assassins hands look too long and futher inspecting it seems that they are a bit too long, though his bionic arm look great and yet grude, I think it's more better than Ophiums sophisticated bionics.
works feeling is just great, yet murder has happened but feeling is still calm, like silence before storm.

Well, the hands and arms are okay according to the skeleton i did before strating out the piece. I'm quite the proportions maniac, and i think that the fact that the assassin's gloves are pitch black and he's got his sleeves rolled up may trick your eye a bit. The bionic arm, however, IS long indeed, but that was on purpose. If i draw this character again showing a more detailed view, then you'll see where i was going with that feature.

Thanks again to all, and i'll see you soon with more details on how to order your copy of the Preview!

Aerion the Faithful

cl1668
04-12-2006, 11:18
This is definately breath-taking work.
For my whole life the word "comic" is equal to "Japanese manga".
You have shown me a new definition of the word "comic".

Sharp colours, sharp images.
Overall, GREAT!
Keep up the good work!

slaaneshes_own
04-12-2006, 13:43
Consider the preview ordered when I get the email address to send it to, and that picture fave'd on deviantart! The little part of the story just sums it up.... and the water-thing is just brilliant, it just detracts your attention from the assassin for long enough... I love the assassin's trenchcoat, and his tattoo! That's just spot on the money.

Nice one matey.

Joe

Aerion the Faithful
04-12-2006, 14:28
This is definately breath-taking work.
For my whole life the word "comic" is equal to "Japanese manga".
You have shown me a new definition of the word "comic".
Sharp colours, sharp images.
Overall, GREAT!
Keep up the good work!

Thank you very much, mate! I'm very honoured and encouraged by your compliments. I will always push myself harder to bring you the best!

Consider the preview ordered when I get the email address to send it to, and that picture fave'd on deviantart! The little part of the story just sums it up.... and the water-thing is just brilliant, it just detracts your attention from the assassin for long enough... I love the assassin's trenchcoat, and his tattoo! That's just spot on the money.
Nice one matey.
Joe

Thank you, Joe It's good to see you enjoyed those details i worked hard to put in there, such as the fountain and the tattoo's on 'Red's head. I'll be bringing details to you all as soon as i have them myself on my inbox!

See you very soon!

Aerion the Faithful

colrouphobic
04-12-2006, 15:02
As always I love the usage of colours.

ViewFinder
05-12-2006, 07:27
Thank you, mate! I haven't been 'investigating' too much on the colours and their relation to the assassin's themselves. The only thing i know is that 'Yellow' uses that colour as an open display of the fact that she's been shamed; and 'Red' uses it because it is the colour of blood. At first, i hadn't planned more of these guild of murderers, but since it has been suggested here and i like the idea, i might give it a go...

Well, the hands and arms are okay according to the skeleton i did before strating out the piece. I'm quite the proportions maniac, and i think that the fact that the assassin's gloves are pitch black and he's got his sleeves rolled up may trick your eye a bit. The bionic arm, however, IS long indeed, but that was on purpose. If i draw this character again showing a more detailed view, then you'll see where i was going with that feature.

Thanks again to all, and i'll see you soon with more details on how to order your copy of the Preview!

Aerion the Faithful

Hmmm... I wonder what would an green assassin look like and what would be his 'word'...

Aha. Very well then. yeah, seems the rolled sleeves distracted me, hand is correct. I wish I could see 'a better' pic from him as he is now behind the corpse and that floating fountain wich is great.
Oh and that cherub is just wonderful whit that 'last look behind with "hmph"-voice' look.

ViewFinder

Terminatorphoenix
05-12-2006, 16:43
The only thing i can ever compare utopia to is beywatch this is becaause they bothe make me go ohhhh and they bothe are strangely erotic,Not that this is a bad thing( i love beywatch btw)

so going to order this

DaGork
05-12-2006, 20:06
If you do go for another assassin, I would suggest only one more. Blue. That way you have all of the primary colors. Seeing as Rad is a guy and Yellow is a gal, if you do go for a Blue, than I suggest that you go for something different. A child or maybe even a robot.

Just a suggestion.

Aerion the Faithful
05-12-2006, 21:25
As always I love the usage of colours.

Thanks, mate!

Hmmm... I wonder what would an green assassin look like and what would be his 'word'...
Aha. Very well then. yeah, seems the rolled sleeves distracted me, hand is correct. I wish I could see 'a better' pic from him as he is now behind the corpse and that floating fountain wich is great.
Oh and that cherub is just wonderful whit that 'last look behind with "hmph"-voice' look.

I'm glad you noticed the cherub's contempt face, Viewfinder; and that the arms and hands do look good now.
As for a full body shot of 'Red', well, i've received such good responses to these assassin characters that i might be tackling a story surrounding their guild; and that's a good chance of seing them in full. But, alas! not in the near future i'm afraid. So, illustrations of them will have to do for now...

The only thing i can ever compare utopia to is beywatch this is becaause they bothe make me go ohhhh and they bothe are strangely erotic,Not that this is a bad thing (i love beywatch btw)
so going to order this

Heh, heh... thanks for the compliments mate. And... who didn't watch Baywatch? It's a classic! :D If only Utopia could have people running in slow camera, you'd be a happy man!
As for the slight eroticism you notice, well, all i can say is that i don't shy away from sex in the story at all. I grew up reading european comics and sex is a pretty given thing in them. I don't mean to be showing it all the time, but i do think it's just as necessary to the story as anything else...

If you do go for another assassin, I would suggest only one more. Blue. That way you have all of the primary colors. Seeing as Red is a guy and Yellow is a gal, if you do go for a Blue, than I suggest that you go for something different. A child or maybe even a robot.
Just a suggestion.

DaGork, my friend, you've read my mind! I was actually thinking of doing just that: have all the three primary colours, and 'Blue' being a creepy kid or an android... or perhaps an old man? I'll be surely giving it some thought soon...

Thank you all for the feedback. It's great for me to know your thoughts so that i can make the right adjustments to it.

Until soon.

Aerion the Faithful

Warboss Garfang
07-12-2006, 01:39
I've bookmarked this thread, even though I haven't been on this forum in over half a year. I dropped in, and was blown away by your artwork (yet again! I remember your Slaaneshi marine from way back, that was incredible). I hope to stop by sometime when I have more time to check out your artwork more in depth. Oh, and if your book is this good, count me in for one. I can't wait!

Voronwe[MQ]
07-12-2006, 07:00
What will the price for the book be? Just out of pure curiosity - I'll buy it regardless of price.

Aerion the Faithful
07-12-2006, 20:38
I've bookmarked this thread, even though I haven't been on this forum in over half a year. I dropped in, and was blown away by your artwork (yet again! I remember your Slaaneshi marine from way back, that was incredible). I hope to stop by sometime when I have more time to check out your artwork more in depth. Oh, and if your book is this good, count me in for one. I can't wait!

It's a great compliment that you have this thread bookmarked, Warboss Garfang! It would be great if you could check out the images and stories posted here with more time, as i'm always eager to see what you guys have to say about these creations...

;1128196']What will the price for the book be? Just out of pure curiosity - I'll buy it regardless of price.

Well, according to what i'm told, the book will be 16,95 when it comes out in October; but if you pre-order it now at the 'Online Store' of the publisher, the price is 10,95. So, i think your best bet is to buy it now and safely wait until it comes out... ;)

Until soon!

Aerion the Faithful

Voronwe[MQ]
08-12-2006, 10:54
Alright, then I'm aware of it. 16,95/10,95 dollars?

Aerion the Faithful
08-12-2006, 12:49
Indeed, prices are all in U.S Dollars...

Aerion the Faithful

Voronwe[MQ]
08-12-2006, 16:59
I'm just a bit stingy. I hoped it was in rubel. :)

Semi-jokes aside, I first read '169,5/109,5 dollars' when I saw it, and had to look thrice to be sure. This is because my first, and standing, reaction was honestly that of: 170 dollars. This is worth it - more than worth it - though it's a high price. That says something about the quality of your Utopia!;)

Aerion the Faithful
20-12-2006, 23:43
Hello again, folks!
After a frantic month working like a horse to meet several deadlines, i have finally time to post here on Stories&Art. First off i'd like to address Master Voronwe[MQ]...

This is worth it - more than worth it - though it's a high price. That says something about the quality of your Utopia!

It does say something about the quality of the novel and the great response i've had from you, people. It is highly encouraging for me to know that you are waiting for this so eagerly! Thank you!

And now, a bit of news: I have talked to my Editor recently and he told me that he will soon be opening the mail account on his Online Store for you to order the Utopia: Preview. So, once i have it, i'll post it here!
He also told me that (through the online store of course), the Preview will be available worldwide. However, this is also the reason why he won't be handling the shipping costs of the copies sent, thus if you order it you have to pay for them yourself. I think it's fair, but if you have doubts let me know how you feel about it...
And lastly... here is the last image i'll post from the Preview (Hey! I want to have some exclusive material to show you :p ). It is an illustration of the enigmatic characters The Empress of the Sun and The Magician. I've written a bit of text as usual for this (which will also be included in the Preview), so C&C are highly encouraged as usual!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/aerion_the_faithful/Utopia/Sunshine.jpg

‘The Sun symbolizes the awakening of the conscience, child’, said The Magician, ‘and the clarity that stems at dawn after a night of travelling through the dream world. This is the reason why this card is an opposite of The Moon.’
The Empress of the Sun kept dancing graciously on her shining fountain of liquid gold and paid little attention to the ramblings of the old man. They’d been together for centuries, and he had always been cryptic and mysterious; behaviour that had nothing to do with the childishness of the rebel Monarch herself. However, out of respect, she listened quietly because somehow The Magician had a voice that instantly captivated you. It was his voice the music she danced to…
‘The Sun prevents us against pride and despotism’ continued the veiled man, ‘and it leads us to nobility, generosity, vitality and success. If used correctly of course… this card is a metaphor that shows us our limitations and the superior knowledge, focusing our strengths. The Sun is a teacher.’
‘Are we The Sun?’ asked the Empress, her dance interrupted. The Magician sighed.
‘We are now’, he replied, ‘although I wish we had been before The War, when our numbers were great and increased everyday. But we were too young and our mindsets were aimed towards a physical struggle rather than a spiritual enlightment; that was our downfall: to believe us wise, when we were infants in the path of the truth.’
Both the Empress and her Guardian looked upon the spread skulls adorned with white flowers upon the white empty halls of their level and silence fell upon them.
And then, she danced again, while the cards moved swiftly between the hands of The Magician once more.

Until soon!

Aerion the Faithful

Cpt_Tiberius
21-12-2006, 03:18
lookin' good mate. :D I can't wait to get the preview, even just the price of shipping is a great deal. I wish you all the success i nthe world.

-T.

StormCrow
21-12-2006, 05:01
Don't know if it was intentional but the way you have it laid out like a playing card is a nice touch. Have you drawn a picture like this with a similar design or content?...i get this weird sense of deja vu when i look at this one. Very nice, and i too look forward to the preview

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
21-12-2006, 08:36
Dude, that's super fantastic amazing. I'd buy this comic in a second. Very well drawn, original, plot already has me interested. Congratulations!

Aerion the Faithful
21-12-2006, 10:55
lookin' good mate. :D I can't wait to get the preview, even just the price of shipping is a great deal. I wish you all the success in the world.
-T.

Thank you Cap'n! You know that your friendship, advice and support have been really important for me these past year; so i'm very honoured to have you backing me up!

Don't know if it was intentional but the way you have it laid out like a playing card is a nice touch. Have you drawn a picture like this with a similar design or content?...i get this weird sense of deja vu when i look at this one. Very nice, and i too look forward to the preview

Thanks StormCrow! And you have actually a very keen eye, because this piece is renedered so that it produces that dejá vu feeling. If you look at the image 'Moonchild' (which i've posted here i think), you'll see that Sunshine is a reflection of it and at the same time an opposite: The Moon and The Sun.

Dude, that's super fantastic amazing. I'd buy this comic in a second. Very well drawn, original, plot already has me interested. Congratulations!

Thank you, Sergeant! I hope you find the whole of it as exciting!

If anyone else has any thoughts, let me hear you! How about that deal with the Preview? You think it's ok?

Aerion the Faithful

Voronwe[MQ]
21-12-2006, 19:57
The art was very good, but the story's plot...

Opaque? Complex? I don't know how to describe it really, but this is getting better with each update! The flow of the story is perfect, and it left me curious to what they are, and what the War was. Now I understand if Utopia begin with a scene with them. They certainly have a deal of interesting things about them, if nothing else! :)

Revlid
21-12-2006, 20:31
Hmm. Well. I need to buy this. Now.

Aerion the Faithful
22-12-2006, 10:41
;1163996']The art was very good, but the story's plot...
Opaque? Complex? I don't know how to describe it really, but this is getting better with each update! The flow of the story is perfect, and it left me curious to what they are, and what the War was. Now I understand if Utopia begin with a scene with them. They certainly have a deal of interesting things about them, if nothing else! :)

Thank you deeply, Voronwe[MQ]! I'm always unsure, being mostly an artist, if wether my writing is up to a good level, and these comments are always enticing and encouraging to keep improving my prose.
And yes, Thr Magician and The Empress of the Sun are important characters in the upcoming novel, and even more in the history of the Tower itself. So watch out as the past of these two is revealed...

Hmm. Well. I need to buy this. Now.

As soon as i get the address where you can order it, you'll do just that my good sir! :D

I'll have news soon, my friends, so stay tuned!

Aerion the Faithful

Aerion the Faithful
28-12-2006, 18:11
Hello yet again!
Well... i know i said no more updates regarding the Preview, but i just couldn't resist to show you the cover, which is (after all), what you're going to see when it arrives to you houses after you order it. I still have no concrete news about the mail address you can order it to or other details i'm struggling to get out of my Editor; but the holidays tend to have people working like crazy so... just a little while longer. The good news is that the Preview is finished by all accounts and will see the light this January!
That's why i wanted to take this opportunity to thank all of those who have been with me through this journey, which isn't over yet by far, but has already given quite a few steps. Which you've supported and encouraged all along, showing a great respect and enthusiasm for my art and the stories that i bring you. I never thought in a million years that WarSeer would become such a home to my creations and myself; but i welcome it all the way and i hope i can still do my best for all of you out there who are interested in seeing my craft.
This year has been quite a trip for me, getting to know all of you much better as well as the community we're in. It has been the year when my dreams of publishing my very first graphic novel has become a reality and when i've felt more than ever the support, as i said, of the people that follow my work wether they say it or not. And for that, i'm thankful. Deeply.
Probably this post won't have many readers, since this forum is less visited than others, and why should this thread be so important between so many others just as good or better yet? But i know that the few (or many) of you out there who are taking the time to check my ramblings are certainly the ones i want by my side. No doubt about that!
So, let's sit back in this little corner of WarSeer and have a toast for many good things to come!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/aerion_the_faithful/Utopia/UtopiaPreview-Cover.jpg

I thank you again and wish you the best in the coming year!

Aerion the Faithful

Terminatorphoenix
28-12-2006, 18:25
I like it. Simple yet emaculate. Almost like Money( the song not the currency)

DaGork
28-12-2006, 18:55
Such a lovely picture.

Its always nice to see a well made piece that conveys love, without it being over the top. Of course, I never expected one of your creations to be that way. I still am in awe about how well you can convey emotion.

One thing I particularly like is how similar the two Empresses are, and yet different. They both have a guardian/companion, but one is a lovestruck, young man and the other is a mysterious old one. Both women hold places of power, but one is revered and the other is locked away. Heck, they even look similar. The only difference I can see is hair color.

I've got no criticisms for this one. The only thing I could think of when I first looked at this picture is how odd it was for you to have a solid, black background. Seeing as this is the cover though, I think it was a good idea on your part.

Pfreck
28-12-2006, 20:44
Nice to see that the preview cover is up, Aerion! I really like it..

When are we able to order the preview by the way?

TanithScout
29-12-2006, 05:27
I love it man. and maybe its because im a tarantula collector, but im loving those spiders sooo much! those are just awsome.

I must say, I'm extremely excited to see you make it with your first graphic novel. it is inspiring, really, it shows that us artists, with time and a dash of hard work, can get off of our feet and get our work out there. it is very inspiring to me, and im sure many of your readers. I'd like to thank you for all your work, and effort,and creativity put into perfecting your unique style and wonderful feel to all of your art. I cant wait to get the preview, and the complete graphicnovel, and i look forward to more of your art!

StormCrow
29-12-2006, 07:27
I've begun spreading the word around oz, and if you keep churning out work like this i'm assured it won't be in vane. you have a whole lot of fans man, it would appear its only superceded by your talent...keep it up!

Aerion the Faithful
29-12-2006, 11:39
I like it. Simple yet emaculate. Almost like Money( the song not the currency)

Thank you, mate! As usual, your comparison to Pink Floyd are very honouring... i try to put a lot of music in the work i do, and (if you haven't noticed by now which, i doubt) all of my illustrations for Utopia have song names of the bands i take inspiration from.

Such a lovely picture.
Its always nice to see a well made piece that conveys love, without it being over the top. Of course, I never expected one of your creations to be that way. I still am in awe about how well you can convey emotion.

Of all the compliments i could've received for this image, this is the one i appreciate the most, DaGork; many peope have said that they feared i couldn't convey emotion with such a 'simple' style, and it turns out i was right when i told them that it was all but the contrary. My style allows for the emotions to be there just on top of the image for the viewer to see without sifting through other 'noises'.

One thing I particularly like is how similar the two Empresses are, and yet different. They both have a guardian/companion, but one is a lovestruck, young man and the other is a mysterious old one. Both women hold places of power, but one is revered and the other is locked away. Heck, they even look similar. The only difference I can see is hair color.

Well... the Empresses are indeed antagonists and opposites in the graeter scheme of the Tower. And as such, their destiny is to be the mirror of each other; they are indeed twins, although not exactly in the 'traditional' way... but all of that will be revealed in the novel!

I've got no criticisms for this one. The only thing I could think of when I first looked at this picture is how odd it was for you to have a solid, black background. Seeing as this is the cover though, I think it was a good idea on your part.

The black was indeed a choice i made in order to have the cover be more eye-catching. The pure white letters over the background make it easily recognizable on a stand full of colours of other comics, and i'm sure my atyle will close the deal once you've approcahed to se what Utopia is about.

Nice to see that the preview cover is up, Aerion! I really like it..
When are we able to order the preview by the way?

Thanks, Pfreck! I still have no solid confirmation from my Editor as to exact timings, but as i said: when i have news you'll be the first to know!

I love it man. and maybe its because im a tarantula collector, but im loving those spiders sooo much! those are just awsome.
I must say, I'm extremely excited to see you make it with your first graphic novel. it is inspiring, really, it shows that us artists, with time and a dash of hard work, can get off of our feet and get our work out there. it is very inspiring to me, and im sure many of your readers. I'd like to thank you for all your work, and effort,and creativity put into perfecting your unique style and wonderful feel to all of your art. I cant wait to get the preview, and the complete graphicnovel, and i look forward to more of your art!

Thank you, TanithScout! It is in moments like these when the actual job and labour of being an 'artist' really pays off... to be able to inspire others out there to not give up on their hope of being published is a great honour and also a responsibility that i will take the utmost care of. I know that, whatever happens to thenovel it is already a great step in my life to be able to stand up and say 'I did it' no matter the result; to be able to seize the opportunity and make something of it is the greatest reward you can offer both yourself and the people that follow your work.
I bow to you sir and hope to see you soon!

I've begun spreading the word around oz, and if you keep churning out work like this i'm assured it won't be in vane. you have a whole lot of fans man, it would appear its only superceded by your talent...keep it up!

Thank you for being there since this all began, Storm. Your words have always been accurate and you have such a great talent yourself, that i'm happy we have met over these community. I hope that, someday, if Utopia grows beyond me, you're one of the many people to take up the task of enlarging this universe even more with your craft.

I'm going on a quick trip for the New Year my friends, so i won't be updating until Tuesday next week, when i hope to have more news on the orders and availability of the Preview.

My hat is off to you once again... you make me happy!

Aerion the Faithful

Baldemyr
05-01-2007, 14:30
I just want to say that your work is amazing-the version of reality you depict is made so beleivable by the movement of the characters.

Seriously..amazing. Ever think about posters?

salty
05-01-2007, 15:45
Well... wow. I noticed this thread and thought it would be some new member with an amateur graphic novel. I'm glad curiosity got the better of me! The artwork is fantastic, the script is great, and you've managed to get two thumbs up from my art-student girlfriend (who is also a comic book geek) so congratulations!

I will most certainly be ordering a copy of this when its finished, and will probably get the preview too, just because I can say then I have it.

Good effort sir!

Salty :)

Aerion the Faithful
05-01-2007, 18:03
I just want to say that your work is amazing-the version of reality you depict is made so beleivable by the movement of the characters.
Seriously..amazing. Ever think about posters?

Thank you very much, Baldemyr! I've been quiet on the forums recently due to many trips because of the holidays and i was thinking of updating this very thread soon, when i finished an exclusive image; but you beat me to it! :D
I have talked about the possibility of posters with my Editor so i'll have to see if he's up for it. If i have any hints you'll read it here of course!

Well... wow. I noticed this thread and thought it would be some new member with an amateur graphic novel. I'm glad curiosity got the better of me! The artwork is fantastic, the script is great, and you've managed to get two thumbs up from my art-student girlfriend (who is also a comic book geek) so congratulations!
I will most certainly be ordering a copy of this when its finished, and will probably get the preview too, just because I can say then I have it.
Good effort sir!

Thank you, Salty! It's good to hear that people who've just wondered at the title of this thread entered and were pleaseantly surprised by it. And the compliments from your girl are most gratifying too; i always respect a lot the opinion of a fellow artist (and comic-book geek :p ).

Anyway, expect an image to be uploaded soon as well as details on the Preview and how to order it from anywhere! It's coming soon!

Aerion the Faithful

Darkseer
05-01-2007, 18:19
So...awesome. Can't wait for my comission to be finished :D

Aerion the Faithful
11-01-2007, 01:58
Well, people...
It's finally up for ordering! Yes, you heard right! The Utopia: Preview is already on the WildeTimes (http://www.wildetimes.com/) Online Store, and its FREE. All you have to do is order it and pay the shipping expenses (if you're not in the US) and you're all set to go.
Personally, i'm really glad of how it has turned out, and the quality of the product will be the best; so i hope you bear with me and show me all the support i need in these exciting times. I've worked really hard (and still are) on this and i hope it shows through both on the Preview and the upcoming novel as well.
Inside of this exclusive book you'll find a brand new story introducing the mst important characters that will be later seen in the novel, as well as six brand new illustrations (some of which you've seen here) with insightful texts to boot!
I hope you order it, and i hope you enjoy it, as well as this latest image i've done of The Empress and The Guardian to announce the novel online. I'm very happy of how it turned out, especially the light effects on the Empress and the big Moon around them. You'll notice that the garments the Guardian is wearing are not his usual (nor are the Empress'): and that's due to them changing clothes before the walk they will undertake in the novel... but i will say no more! If you want to help me spread the word, you can copy this image and post it up were you think it will be appreciated.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/aerion_the_faithful/Utopia/MoonlightShadow-Letteredversion.jpg

Thank you deeply again and i'll e right here to hear your feedback or questions!

Aerion the Faithful

salty
11-01-2007, 03:02
You timed that well sir! My student loans just went in, so I will have the cash to pay for shipping costs. Consider the Preview ordered!

Any news on when the final copy will be available?

Salty :)

Cpt_Tiberius
11-01-2007, 11:33
All I can say is congratulations my friend. I know how hard you've been working on this and I'm happy to see you finally getting to see it published. I also know that all your friends are thrilled that you would offer them this special preview at no cost (other than shipping which is normal).

Good job Mate! :) :) :)

Pfreck
11-01-2007, 15:38
Nice to see that the preview is for uh.. sale? :P I will order this one too ofcourse! I have a little problem with my Wildetimes.com account.. I hope it will be fixed..

Anyways, I'm looking forward to see some more for the original Graphic Novel!

Aerion the Faithful
11-01-2007, 20:04
You timed that well sir! My student loans just went in, so I will have the cash to pay for shipping costs. Consider the Preview ordered!
Any news on when the final copy will be available?

Glad i could take your money, mate! :D But seriously, i'm happy that you will give this humble story a chance; i hope i can surprise you and entertain you like you all deserve.
As for the schedule of the novel itself, well ideally it would come out around mid-October this same year although it could be a bit delayed. One thing's for sure and that's that it'll be coming out this year!

All I can say is congratulations my friend. I know how hard you've been working on this and I'm happy to see you finally getting to see it published. I also know that all your friends are thrilled that you would offer them this special preview at no cost (other than shipping which is normal).
Good job Mate! :) :) :)

Thank you, Captain, you know that you've been one of the important persons who were there for me through the process of creating and developing my ideas for this Preview, so my hat is off to you my friend.

Nice to see that the preview is for uh.. sale? :P I will order this one too ofcourse! I have a little problem with my Wildetimes.com account.. I hope it will be fixed..
Anyways, I'm looking forward to see some more for the original Graphic Novel!

Hey, Pfreck! Thank you too for the neverending support you've shown me. What problem do youhave with your account at WildeTimes? Be sure to let me know so i can pass the feedback on to my Editor for him to fix the issues...

You're my fans, people and as such i'll give the best out to you. ANYTHING that might go wrong or any inconveniences you might experience with ordering the Preview or its shipping process, let me know so i can talk to my Editor about fixing it right away!

Until soon.

Aerion the Faithful

Rabid Bunny 666
12-01-2007, 22:03
Just caught this thread, and woah.....

This completely blew me away, i'm ordering the preview as i type, i can't wait for the full version to come out.

Keep up the good work man.

Sylass
13-01-2007, 10:04
What are the payment options available at the Wilde Times Store? Do they accept Paypal or how does it work? :)

Voronwe[MQ]
13-01-2007, 10:43
Excuse me for not commenting earlier; I had very little time available.

Congratulations Aerion - a hard work on a lovely idea is beginning to come to an end; and what an excellent one, too! Mr Cpt_Tiberius and others have already said and stated much of what could be said by me without repeating it, so I'll keep myself short now; the result is amazing, and I'll order the preview soon the coming days. I can barely wait until the novel is released and revealed! :D

@Sylass: Oh, that's a good question; should've thought about it, too. :)

Voronwe

Pfreck
13-01-2007, 14:58
What are the payment options available at the Wilde Times Store? Do they accept Paypal or how does it work? :)
Yes, you can use PayPal.. I also used it when I pre-ordered Utopía.. I had no problems at all.. :)

I also ordered the Preview already.. :)

Sylass
13-01-2007, 17:25
Thanks for the info. :)

What's up with the "Request membership" thing when you create your account there? There are 2 options: "no membership" and "first 100 customers".

What does this do?

Pfreck
13-01-2007, 18:34
Thanks for the info. :)

What's up with the "Request membership" thing when you create your account there? There are 2 options: "no membership" and "first 100 customers".

What does this do?
Hi Sylass,

I tried it too, since this is a the new Online Store at WildeTimes.com.
How it looks for now you don't have anything special, I think it workes the same like the old points system. That allowed you to have a $5,- discount. Now I think it only is for the first 100 members. So i'd suggest to take your chance!

Cheers!

Sylass
13-01-2007, 19:14
Thanks again. Consider the preview ordered. :)

Aerion the Faithful
13-01-2007, 20:23
Just caught this thread, and woah.....
This completely blew me away, i'm ordering the preview as i type, i can't wait for the full version to come out.
Keep up the good work man.

Thank you, Rabid Bunny! For both the compliments and you ordering the Preview; i ned all the support you've given me always to get this ball rolling.

Sylass: I'm glad that Pfreck could answer all of your questions!
Pfreck: mate, i can't find any more words to express my gratitude for all the help you've offered me.

For all those ordering the Preview and still have any doubts, post them here and my mate Pfreck (the man with the plan! :D ) and me will try to clear them up.
Also, i want to THANK YOU all again for you tremendous encouragement with this project! That you're ordering the Preview with no hesitation is indeed the greatest compliment i could've received in my life!

Until soon.

Aerion the Faithful

Voronwe[MQ]
14-01-2007, 14:36
I'll do as soon as my bank-conto is unlocked by Nordea. Stupid bankomats...

Voronwe

Aerion the Faithful
19-01-2007, 18:23
Hey guys...
I'm just popping-up to give you all a most important heads-up in case you're ordering the Preview from within the United States: you HAVE to pay shipping expenses too (which i think are up to $ 2,50 dollars). I'm sorry to have made the mistake of telling you you didn't, and my Editor just corrected me on this, so i hope we can still ammend it.

On another news, the Preview is already being printed as we speak and will return from the printers in about two weeks. After that off it goes to destination, so you should all have it within the end of Febraury, beginnings of March.

I will be updating with more art, soon!

Aerion the Faithful

PS.. How are those orders coming, by the way? Anyone encountered any issues or problems?

Rabid Bunny 666
19-01-2007, 19:43
The only problem is my Parents and Internet/paranoia crossovers :D

Hopefully the weekend will remedy that.

Gdolkin
31-01-2007, 15:35
Eyup Aerion, ive been away from warseer for a while but your talent and achievement have drawn me back once again! Congratulations and admiration for how far you've come with this Utopia project, as many have said, it is a thing of beauty and inspiration, and the tasters of plot and character you have allowed us certainly grab the reader and drive up anticipation.. I particularly liked the first appearance of 'Red' (who reminds me of the assassin from the beginning of Sin City with his smooth-talking seduction of his victim, and that is no bad thing!), and the 2d robots trying to comprehend the fairy, that was genius. Good to be back to see this stuff!, peace and prosperity, Gdolkin.

Aerion the Faithful
26-02-2007, 21:38
Hello again!
It's been an awful long time since i've updated this thread with new material and i do hope you are still interested in it, :) ...
Many things have happened in-between this update and the last, including that the Preview was finally released two weeks ago in the US. All of those whom have ordered it through the WildeTimes Online Store should be getting in in about another two weeks (give or take); i know it sounds like a long time to wait for it, but my Editor told me he's got so many to send throughout the globe, that he's sorting them the best he can and trying to avoid any problems; however, if they should arise, or if you don't get your copy in time, please let him know that through the Contact page on the same site.
So, that's good news indeed (despite the delays)! And i want to thank everyone who ordered the UTOPIA: Preview! I'll be looking forward to your thoughts on it...

And now, for some fun. I did this new illustration to announce UTOPIA's Blogspot (http://nrg-utopia.blogspot.com) here on WarSeer and also as a sort of 'pressure release' from the exhausting page-to-page work i'm doing everyday and the commissions. As usual, i wrote a bit of background to go along with it, which i hope you like as much as the drawing:

[B]'(...) thus, when a brother has reached the ending stages of his illumination on our most holy Brotherhood, his skin becomes sacred by the mighty work of the Sisters devoted to the repersentation of the Sun. Only them, from all our ranks, are the ones entitled to sanctify our Holy Knights with their handiwork and bless them with an image of our Supreme Father. (...)'[B]
The Books of Light, Chapter 13, 1st teaching

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/aerion_the_faithful/Utopia/TattooYou.jpg

I'll eagerly wait for your comments! And be sure to go by the newly inaugurated blog if you want to read a bit more about this image and other Utopia news...

Aerion the Faithful

Gonfrask
26-02-2007, 22:16
I don´t know how to say this in spanish so...

Me encanta el efecto velo en el rostro de la mujer, magnifico :O[dice0]

bram kuijpers
27-02-2007, 07:37
looks intersting man:D

Pfreck
27-02-2007, 08:08
Awesome work as always Aerion! :)
Only one thing, the link to your blogspot didn't worked.. you wrote 'blogspor' instead of blogspot.. :D

cheers

Aerion the Faithful
27-02-2007, 11:15
I don´t know how to say this in spanish so...
Me encanta el efecto velo en el rostro de la mujer, magnifico :O[dice0]

Bueno, pero si sabes decirlo en español después de todo, Gonfrask, :P... Muchísimas grcias por el comentario, mi estimado. A mi también me ha gustado como quedó el velo.

looks intersting man:D

Thank you very much, mate!

Awesome work as always Aerion! :)
Only one thing, the link to your blogspot didn't worked.. you wrote 'blogspor' instead of blogspot.. :D
cheers

Thanks for the support as usual, Pfreck! And i have just checked the link to the blogspot and it works fine for me (which means that someone fixed it while i was away or your computer played you a bad joke). Anyway, it works fine now and so i expect everyone will stop by and take a look at it, see if you like what you see!

Until soon!

Aerion the Faithful

bram kuijpers
28-02-2007, 06:52
wel it look like a mix of a arab female assasin that likes gold
and death nice mix .
i wouldnt have come up with it.but isnt just the women its the pose that the picture has is also verynice it makes the woman look like a very mighty person and the flag behind her also provoks that, but thats just mine 15 year old opinion.:cool:

WarWolf
28-02-2007, 08:23
Aerion, man..., your wark is... uuuooouuu!!! I mean... uuuooouuu!!! Just uuuooouuu!!! :)

Keep on doing outstanding work m8, you rock:)

Aerion the Faithful
28-02-2007, 14:52
wel it look like a mix of a arab female assasin that likes gold
and death nice mix .
i wouldnt have come up with it.but isnt just the women its the pose that the picture has is also verynice it makes the woman look like a very mighty person and the flag behind her also provoks that, but thats just mine 15 year old opinion.

Thanks for your compliments, mate (even if you're 15 :p )! I never really thoght about the design for this Sisters within the Brotherhood of the Sun, until i worked on the draft for this illustration. So, i'm happy that it has worked so well.

Aerion, man..., your wark is... uuuooouuu!!! I mean... uuuooouuu!!! Just uuuooouuu!!! :)
Keep on doing outstanding work m8, you rock

Thanks, WarWolf! I'm so glad you like it...

And i'm also glad that i have been able to see the Preview already!
The copies that i was promised by my Editor arrived jst yesterday through the mail and i can't even explain the excitement i felt while opening the box.
The book looks excellent! And i'm glad all my hard work (and my Editor's!) finally paid off. It is actually in those moments, when i finally open up the box containing the prints of my pieces, that i feel truly satisfied and will take amoment to breathe. That's what makes it all worth it...

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/aerion_the_faithful/Miscellaneous/Previews002.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/aerion_the_faithful/Miscellaneous/Previewabierto.jpg

Anyway, i hope you like the book too, and i hope it leaves you wondering (and wanting) to read the novel. Because, let's not forget... this is merely a sneak peek into the Tower. The best is yet to come!

Until soon.

Aerion the Faithful

Rabid Bunny 666
28-02-2007, 14:58
Arg! Still haven't been able to convince the one who Purchases (Mum) to order it yet, altough it is looking superb.

Sylass
28-02-2007, 18:14
Looks good! Looking forward to take a closer look once my copy arrived. :)

Gonfrask
28-02-2007, 22:14
I will tell you just once Aerion...post it were you and me know and i will forget your past mistakes...XD

About the prewiev, it has a nice look, i hope get it soon

Aerion the Faithful
01-03-2007, 02:13
Arg! Still haven't been able to convince the one who Purchases (Mum) to order it yet, altough it is looking superb.

Well, RabidBunny, i do hope you can convince your mum to order the Preview; tell eher that ther's (almost) no violence involved and not (much) nakedness :D ...

Looks good! Looking forward to take a closer look once my copy arrived. :)

I hope it arrives soon, Sylass! I'm eager to hear your opinion!

I will tell you just once Aerion...post it were you and me know and i will forget your past mistakes...XD

You've caught me again, Gonfrask. But i didn't post up the images there, because i wanted to wait until you received it there, so you could share your opinions. Tomorrow i'll be checking with the post office of Madrid to see where the shipment is!

Thanks again, you all, and i hope you receive your copies soon!

Aerion the Faithful
About the prewiev, it has a nice look, i hope get it soon

Reign in Blood
01-03-2007, 05:44
Hey Aerion. Looks like it is going really well. I have some bad news though (not for you really but...) I cannot order the novel online. I feel gipped (sp?), I couldn't believe it. I don't know what I am going to do now. It sucks even worse now because I have gotton involved in the setting (at least), and some of the story through this site. I think my shoddy internet is to blame. Maybe I could get it ordered in by a comic store or something...I have no idea if that is even possible but hey I guess it is worth a shot.

colrouphobic
01-03-2007, 05:48
Here I was, thinking I had allready praised the last piece of yours, and then I find that I haven't. Great stuff as always Aerion. I love the tattoo-artist and how the image almost seem to implicate that she "removed" the skull from the guy (is that the Magician?) to do the tattooing.

Great stuff.

Rabid Bunny 666
01-03-2007, 08:52
Well, RabidBunny, i do hope you can convince your mum to order the Preview; tell eher that ther's (almost) no violence involved and not (much) nakedness :D ...

Its because of TV! A program called the Real Hustle made a scam to buy wiis, collected the money, and delivered bricks instead, ever since then, shes been paranoid against it :D

Gonfrask
01-03-2007, 10:28
Reign in blood: I have a good new for you (perhaps), a girl here (Spain) has ordered 10 Previews, so perhaps he cans buy you one.
If you want, send me a pm

Ah,Aerion, I´m uploading all these thing in the other forum, so don´t worry. I do you this because i´m a sadist

Aerion the Faithful
01-03-2007, 10:36
Hey Aerion. Looks like it is going really well. I have some bad news though (not for you really but...) I cannot order the novel online. I feel gipped (sp?), I couldn't believe it. I don't know what I am going to do now. It sucks even worse now because I have gotton involved in the setting (at least), and some of the story through this site. I think my shoddy internet is to blame. Maybe I could get it ordered in by a comic store or something...I have no idea if that is even possible but hey I guess it is worth a shot.

Hey there, RiB! Well, i'm sorry that you couldn't order the Preview, but let's not despair just yet. Just as you thought, you can order it through a comic book store; just tell them to head over to the WildeTimes site, and then onto the Online Store where they can get as many copies as they want. OR, they could even drop Alex Kaulfuss (my Editor and owner of WildeTimes) a note through the site, asking him for speacial prices and delivery to them. He's certainly going to be interested! Good luck!

Here I was, thinking I had allready praised the last piece of yours, and then I find that I haven't. Great stuff as always Aerion. I love the tattoo-artist and how the image almost seem to implicate that she "removed" the skull from the guy (is that the Magician?) to do the tattooing. Great stuff.

Thanks for the compliments, as per usual, my dear fellow. I'm glad that you've liked this image, as it has had quite a good reception amongst the community on DeviantART; the brother being tattooed isn't, however, The Magician, but another regular disciple of the Sun from back in the day when there where thousands of them. Even the tattooing Sister of the Sun is no more by the time the novel takes place, since they were all extinct in a bloody war that happened something like a century ago. 'What war?', i hear people ask me... well, you'll find out when that story comes up to the surface :D
Oh! And that skull she's holding is sort of an inkwell, not actually the brother's skull, but that of a long dead hero of the Order, that has been thus immortalized to serve his brotherhood.

Its because of TV! A program called the Real Hustle made a scam to buy wiis, collected the money, and delivered bricks instead, ever since then, shes been paranoid against it :D

Well, rest assured that she won't get bricks this time... just a crazy comic-book!

Reign in blood: I have a good new for you (perhaps), a girl here (Spain) has ordered 10 Previews, so perhaps he cans buy you one.
If you want, send me a pm
Ah,Aerion, I´m uploading all these thing in the other forum, so don´t worry. I do you this because i´m a sadist

Ah, you sadist! :P... As you can see i've just offered Reign in Blood another solution, but yours is certaily still interesting so we'll let him decide. And as for you posting my art, it works for me and i'll sure drop by and see what the guys thought of the image. In the meantime, i'm finding out what's happened to your copies of the Preview and will tell you as soon as possible.

As soon as i have another update, you'll be the first to know, my friends!

Aerion the Faithful

colrouphobic
01-03-2007, 11:28
HAving an issue (maybe this has been adressed allready) but I can't order the preview..it doesn't ship over the pond...

jo_hova
01-03-2007, 21:09
I admit I know little of the story but I was wondering what inspired you to choose Utopia as the title. Utopia is a powerfull word and it fills me with curosity.

Aerion the Faithful
02-03-2007, 10:24
HAving an issue (maybe this has been adressed allready) but I can't order the preview..it doesn't ship over the pond...

Hey there, Colrouphobic! It's strage that you can't order the Preview since many people around the world have already done so without problems. So, what i'm guesing here in the dark is that there is no 'country' specific options, and just US and a couple of others, so that's got you confused. My Editor told me that you should still be able to click on the 'Buy' button, and pay the shipping expenses (which are $2.50 dollars or it may be a bit more if you're in Norway) through PayPal, and ad your address and country in the PayPal details that are asked of you for the transaction.
I hope i've helped, and if you still have problems, e-mail me and i'll see what to do.

I admit I know little of the story but I was wondering what inspired you to choose Utopia as the title. Utopia is a powerfull word and it fills me with curosity.

Well... that's a quite interesting question! And a very hard one to answer, truth be told, but i'll do my best:
There are many reasons why i've chosen UTOPIA, the first and most obvious is the meaning of the word (without the cultural connotations), which literally translates from the greek οὐ no, and τόπος, place, i.e. "no place" or "place that does not exist". My story takes place in a place that 'does not exist' indeed, and one of themajor themes of the story has to do with this and the fact that it's never known where we are.
Then there's a more profound explanation, that has to do specifically with the story and the characters involved in it. A UTOPIA, as i take it, is a high ideal, almost reaching the status of (incidentally) 'the unreachable'. But, without ideals so pure and noble, what would become of us? A UTOPIA is something generally regarded as unachievable, but that's not the actual purpose of a Utopia; a Utopia's purpose, or a utopic vision is what allows us to try and outdo ourselves each step of the way, trying to reach it. It is not an end, but a mean. And that's how it's shown in the novel, although i never specifically refer to the concept of the utopia itself. If you want an analogy, it may be something like those songs you see entitled 'Loss', which never actually include the word loss in their lyrics, but the feeling of loss, the sadness and all the emotion is there. It's implicit, without being written.

Of course, this explanation will take more meaning once the novel is read fully. But thak you or such a wonderful question jo_hova; you're the first person that asks me that :) ...

Until soon.

Aerion the Faithful

jo_hova
02-03-2007, 11:30
Well your welcome, and thank you for the thanks. Now your answer has me surprised and even tought me a few things, for example I did not know that utopia ment "no place". You answer could quite be the best explained answer I have yet to hear.

Good luck with the story
May your muses yeald imaginatory gold

Pfreck
09-03-2007, 17:39
Huh? Haven't I replied yet? Oh! what a shame!

Really nice work on the copy, it looks promising already! :) I really thought it replied..
Can't wait till my copy arrives :)

amstelbier
10-03-2007, 22:25
Aerion...

Congratulations mate!

I've always been rather sceptical of graphic novels and I haven't actually bought one before however after having a look through this thread and at some of the absolutly gorgeous artwork and writing I have to say you've sold it to me. You really have.

I think I've fallen in love.....

Aerion the Faithful
11-03-2007, 15:01
Hey guys...
Sorry for not responding sooner to a couple of replies here in this thread, but i was stuck with a workload like you wouldn't believe this past weeks. But now, to them...

Well your welcome, and thank you for the thanks. Now your answer has me surprised and even tought me a few things, for example I did not know that utopia ment "no place". You answer could quite be the best explained answer I have yet to hear.
Good luck with the story
May your muses yeald imaginatory gold

Thanks again for your words, jo_hova! (How any times have we thanked so far?)

Huh? Haven't I replied yet? Oh! what a shame!
Really nice work on the copy, it looks promising already! :) I really thought it replied..
Can't wait till my copy arrives

Thanks, mate! I really do hope to get your opinion on it as soon as your copy arrives!

Aerion...
Congratulations mate!
I've always been rather sceptical of graphic novels and I haven't actually bought one before however after having a look through this thread and at some of the absolutly gorgeous artwork and writing I have to say you've sold it to me. You really have.
I think I've fallen in love.....

Thank you very much, Amstelbier. It is truly amazing for an artist to be able to turn people's minds on something that perhaps they'd never considered; like reading or buying a graphic novel. That goes to show just how strong a story can be if the words are right and the images are good.

Thanks again for all the support, my friends. I will be posting more material shortly and as soon as i've had some time to finish another illustration.

Until soon.

Aerion the Faithful

Gdolkin
11-03-2007, 15:55
hey NRG, your answer to jo-hova on the nature and role of the concept of utopia was thought-provoking, you're as good with words as you are with lines and colours sir, rrrespect. the preview looks awesome, bet it feels good to see all your work and talent give birth to a fresh and shiny product that is desired and admired across the world.. here's to Aerion and his well-deserved success, peace y'all.

HughbertofKhorne
11-03-2007, 16:03
Oh my, the artwork is of a brilliant quality and has a definate atmosphere to it, you really are a talent. Well done.

Pfreck
13-03-2007, 15:42
Hey Aerion,

I recieved the pre-view today, and I think it's AWESOME! Really good quality of paper and ink too! Nice to see my name in the 'Special Thanks' section! :D

I wish you the best for the rest of the novel!

Sylass
13-03-2007, 18:51
Hey Aerion,

I recieved the pre-view today, and I think it's AWESOME! Really good quality of paper and ink too! Nice to see my name in the 'Special Thanks' section! :D

Dito, found the preview thingy in the mailbox today. :)

Well, basically I'd like second what he said, it's about what I was just going to write. I only had a chance to take a quick look, but I'll definitely take a closer look now I've a bit more time (if only Aerion would stop harassing me over MSN... :p;)).

Aerion the Faithful
13-03-2007, 22:27
:D

Wow! I'm happy that the boks are arriving to destination! That means that i can finally hear your thoughts on it. It's quite exciting times for me, so i'm glad you're continuously showing me your support, my friends...

Hey Aerion,

Thanks for your compliments, Rens! You deserved the thanks, since you've been there from the beginning, listening to all my wacky stories. I hope you enjoy reading through this advance and i know you'll be one of the first to post when the novel comes out!

Dito, found the preview thingy in the mailbox today. :) Well, basically I'd like second what he said, it's about what I was just going to write. I only had a chance to take a quick look, but I'll definitely take a closer look now I've a bit more time (if only Aerion would stop harassing me over MSN...).

Hey... i don't harass you... not much, in any case, :P. I expect to hear your thoughts as soon as you've read it, my friend!

And to everyone who's ordered the Preview and see it arriving at your doors, let me know what you feel about it too! What did you think of the story? Was the art up to a good level? How do you find the printing quality?

I'll se you all very soon!

Aerion the Faithful

Commissar Molotov
15-03-2007, 01:05
I'm still waiting for my copy of the review, though I hear it has my name inside! :) I'm looking forward to it eagerly. Even if I'll have to wait until 2008 for my autographed copy. ;)