PDA

View Full Version : Dagger of Khaine

datalink7
30-07-2006, 04:51
Greetings,

Haven't posted here in a while. Haven't really played warhammer in a while as I've been doing other things. Well, I'm starting to get back into it so I thought I'd pull out the old dark elves. I used to run a Khaine themed list that did decently, though it had a scroll caddy. Not sure if I can run without it, even with dedicated mage hunters. Let me know what you think.

2000 Pts - Dark Elves Roster - Dagger of Khaine

Heroes

Dark Elf Noble @ 191 Pts
General
Lance; Heavy Armor; Sea Dragon Cloak; Shield
Dark Pegasus
Lifetaker
Ring of Hotek

Dark Elf Noble @ 192 Pts
Halberd; Repeater Crossbow; Sea Dragon Cloak; Shield
Dark Pegasus
Blood Armor
Seal of Ghrond

Assassin @ 159 Pts
Extra Hand Weapon
Touch of Death

Core

16 Corsairs @ 175 Pts
Musician; Standard Bearer

5 Dark Riders @ 97 Pts

5 Dark Riders @ 97 Pts

5 Dark Riders @ 97 Pts

Special

Cold One Chariot @ 97 Pts
Spears

Cold One Chariot @ 97 Pts
Spears

12 Executioners @ 207 Pts
Full Command
Banner of Murder

12 Witch Elves of Khaine @ 193 Pts
Hag with Manbane

12 Witch Elves of Khaine @ 193 Pts
Hag with Manbane

Rare

1 Cauldron of Blood @ 205 Pts

Total Roster Cost: 2000

TheWarSmith
30-07-2006, 05:46
List looks good, but I'm worried what would happen when ANY magic came your way. You are sitting with 3 dispel scrolls and no other form of magic defense.

I know sorcs go against the Khaine feel(right?), but is there someway you could justify it simply to make the list viable against armies with moderate magic?

Peachy
30-07-2006, 11:45
Swap the assassin for a scroll caddy and I think this list will work very nicely

Ivan the Terrible
09-08-2006, 23:38
This list is mean and nasty-especialy when commanded by a superior general. The ring of hotek works surprisingly well against magic. I think that a unit or two of salamanders could cause it problems...

shadowprince
10-08-2006, 01:45
How is this a khain list without a sorceress. And only 1 assasin

but a very khain like selection of units. Decent list,

And I agree with you on a scroll caddy. I think u need 1

Mephistofeles
10-08-2006, 08:02
A Sorceress can be devoted to Khaine, right? I think that you should swap the Assassin for a Scroll Caddie, or, if you really want that Khainite feel to it and don't want to drop the assassin, then drop a chariot (I've played some against twin-Chariot Dark Elf armies, and the Chariots never made up for their points).

Ivan the Terrible
10-08-2006, 16:26
I've played some against twin-Chariot Dark Elf armies, and the Chariots never made up for their points

You've never played against Datalink! :( He'll distract you with his dark riders, threaten you with the executioners, and suddenly the two chariots will be charging your key unit in the flank! A scroll caddy might be useful against certain magic heavy lists, but the two nobles can cause low/medium level magic armies a world of hurt.

Finnblood
10-08-2006, 16:30
Chariots aren't really that good - slow, stupid, prone, over-priced, all the qualities I don't want to see put together.

Drop the chariot, repeater crossbows on the Driders will do more kills, at least IME.