PDA

View Full Version : Has any one ever used ** for buying minis?

n00bLord
30-07-2006, 20:18
Has any one ever used the World of Hobbies to purchase 40k mini's in general? It gives a 20% off on every thing and free shipping with a 75$ or more purchase. I am just wondering if any one else has?

Side note, I had just been easily amused by their customer service.
They finally changed the nid B-force to 90 $ from its original price. Sent them a letter telling them about the discount they guarentee enacted. And they are fixing it. I must be easily amused or something...

UnRiggable
31-07-2006, 14:09
what website is this?

Malus_Spite
31-07-2006, 15:34
Has any one ever used the World of Hobbies to purchase 40k mini's in general? It gives a 20% off on every thing and free shipping with a 75$ or more purchase. I am just wondering if any one else has?

I used them once. They completely messed up the order and then took almost three months to fix it. It was a total pain dealling with their customer service. It made me go back to the warstore. Same discount but much better service IMO.

veneto
31-07-2006, 16:16
I used them once. Their policy specifically says that they if an item is backordered they will ship out everything else and simply send the backordered item at their expense when it arrives. Well, I had a large order and because they could not get that single item they held the entire order. It got to the point that I called Wednesday and was told it would ship Friday, I called Friday and it would ship Monday, etc. I could tolerate this if they hadn't immediately charged the credit card. Needless to say I cancelled the order after I realized this was not going anywhere.

The bottom line is that the place is no way set up to handle internet orders. You're better off dealing with somewhere like the War Store.

Playa
31-07-2006, 16:24
Hey,

go back to the warstore

I've heard that other vendors use shills to post on certain groups.

It's sneaky - they'll pretend to be curious about the service, etc.

Then, they helpfully provide you with a convenient hyperlink . . .

Diabolical!

Playa

--

Neal rules. I've never been tempted to shop elsewhere.

Visit www.nealownzzorzjoo.com today! ;- )

veneto
31-07-2006, 19:38
Internet shills are quite common unfortunately, regardless of the forum's subject. The good news is that an overwhelming majority of the time it is laughably obvious where someone creates a topic the first day they register and boast about the product.

Anyways, I've experienced decent service with the War Store and I think it is one of the better e-retailers in the hobby world. It's definately not the only one (far from it) but it certainly is a good choice overall.

Damore
31-07-2006, 22:21
Me and a friend have used them many times with no problems. The last time I ordered from they forgot to send me one item, but they sent it out the same day I called them.

SpikeyFreak
31-07-2006, 22:58
I used them not too long ago.

It wasn't the greatest, but they shipped it to me and when I called they were courteous and professional. One item they had to order so it ended up taking a few days longer than I thought it would, but I don't really care about that. The free shipping and discount was worth it.

I've been wondering about the Tyranid Battleforce actually. 20% off of $90 is a STEAL for that thing.

--Broke Spikey