PDA

View Full Version : 500 pt Skaven Army

n00bLord
31-07-2006, 03:12
Been a while since I have done any real fantasy gaming. And I have come up with a army that I would like people to look at and criticize.

Plauge priest {May have additional hand weapon, not sure}
Bands of Power

40 clan rats - {shields}

2 tunneler teams of 3. {Poisoned hand weapons}

1 warp lightning cannon.

Please rate it honestly.

TheWarSmith
31-07-2006, 04:04
Well, first off, let's get this moved into the army lists forum under the tactics forum.

Onto the army list.

Are those 40 clanrats supposed to be 1 big unit? 40 is a bit unwieldy for 500 points. I'd split them into 2x20 for this point size.

I'd suggest running the 6 tunnelers as one unit to concentrate your firepower.

Warp Lightning cannon is probably overkill for 500 points. I'd drop it to take a ratling gun team for the clanrats. It's a much more consistent machine for this type of battle. This will leave you with 40 points leftover, which I'd suggest using on command for the clanrats.

n00bLord
31-07-2006, 04:07
it was two units of twenty rats. So far the cannon has been exceptionally reliable... And I have the tunnelers split to handle enemy characters. Gives you better odds of survival if they die before the get on the table top. I'll try that though.

I don't own a ratling gun.

TheWarSmith
31-07-2006, 04:11
You'll need a ratling gun if ya wanna play skaven efficiently. I'm not suggesting you max out on minimum clanrat regiments and take as many as possible, but they're a great piece of machinery.

rhodeman77
31-07-2006, 04:12
i would also get rig of the bands of power and give him a flail. as the bands are a bound spell and your oppent can just use his 2 dispell dice on it every turn.