PDA

View Full Version : Daemonic Legion

Shaitan
31-07-2006, 17:37
I am making an DL army list, consisting of exclusively Daemons. On page 29 of my print-out (from the GW-site) it states that I can upgrade one Daemon (of my true core units) to a Musician.

Why would I take a musician if I never get to make any rally tests due to Daemonic Instability?! Or am I missing something here?

J6mnik
31-07-2006, 17:48
Just in case if the combat result is a draw. :)

jahorin
31-07-2006, 19:12
exactly. it's rarely usefull, but when you get to say : "i win because i have a musician" it's always fun.

andy10k
31-07-2006, 20:04
Mines come in useful on the odd occasion in my daemon units.

If i didn't have them and i drawn combat with someone, and the had a musician, ending in i lose the combat, and all my daemon went pop because i rolled say an 11, i'd be angry :P

TheWarSmith
31-07-2006, 22:44
Trust me, if you tie in combat and forgot to upgrade to the musician, you'll cry when you roll that 10 and the whole unit POOFS.

Or you'll cry when you tie and neither took a musician and you're outnumbering him.

gortexgunnerson
01-08-2006, 23:50
In my armies I always try to take the musician if possible as the amount of drawn of combats I have won with them is obseen! They are well the points kust to not have to lick yourself for losing combat based on a musician!

Especially with deamons where losing combat can mean very nasty things

Shaitan
02-08-2006, 23:08
Ok, thanx. I forgot the cr bonus.

Do I also get to take a command group when using a mortal/daemon-combined army? Or is that exclusively to Daemonic Legions?

TheWarSmith
03-08-2006, 00:25
unfortunately it was not made into a universal daemon rule.

Daemons only get command and ld9 in Daemonic Legion armies.

Kristov
03-08-2006, 00:27
khorne Bloodletters can have them in any, the other gods all have to be a Daemonic Legion to have command.

DL is better anyway :) I play Khorne DL and love it.

Kristov

UltimateNagash
03-08-2006, 19:34
khorne Bloodletters can have them in any, the other gods all have to be a Daemonic Legion to have command.

DL is better anyway :) I play Khorne DL and love it.

Kristov
Aren't the troops then uber powerful (lots of 5+ Ward Saves!). But I suppose they cost sooo much both points and cash wise, you have to get a powerful army.

Parka boy
03-08-2006, 21:17
I wouldnt bother with musicians in a Daemonic Legion standard's are a good idea but I've never had call to use a musician in my nurgle Legion in 15 games or so.

gjnoronh
03-08-2006, 21:57
For more advice check out the articles and forums at www.thedaemoniclegion.com as long as your army includes daemons you are going to find advice there.

jahorin
03-08-2006, 22:29
I wouldnt bother with musicians in a Daemonic Legion standard's are a good idea but I've never had call to use a musician in my nurgle Legion in 15 games or so.

I've played a lot with them and against smaller elite units it will be usefull. wait until you've played more with them.

Kotobuki
04-08-2006, 00:23
I've had games hinge on my musicians. It kept my tiny little grail knight unit on top of combat in a flanked engagement for like, 3 turns. Not to mention the many other times my units have been saved by them. For the points cost, they're almost universally useful. I don't know that I'd ever take a unit without one.

Shaitan
04-08-2006, 02:41
I'm beginning to like the DL list more and more. Especially the Flying Chariots!!

Anyone ever used them?

TheWarSmith
04-08-2006, 03:46
yup, and quite well.

My list was 3x11 horror units w/ champions, a herald in a flying chariot, 3 changebringers, a daemon prince, and 8 screamers.

Lots of flight means you have SUPER mobility. Go down the flanks and crunch him into the middle while you red fire him with the horror champs.

Senbei
04-08-2006, 07:14
DL lists are a bit odd.... Very much one of GW's 'scissors, paper, stones' armies. Forces like Undead can't win against you if you don't make any silly mistakes (allowing that unit of Wight lancers with a vampire lord to flank charge you e.t.c..)... Then again, I'm biased. The one time I visited the (now thankfully closed) local games shop I saw a mature player destroying some kids Orcs with one.... they were even cheating to charge -round- defended obstacles.... Some people are so competative...

Parka boy
04-08-2006, 13:30
I've played a lot with them and against smaller elite units it will be usefull. wait until you've played more with them.

In my current 2k list which I think is a very good one I dont think I'll ever find the points for a musican that takes more than 20 games to find useful.

I've thought about putting one into a unit of horror's that need as much help in combat as they can get, but Plaugebearers in a DL are about the most solid infantry block in the game and dont need musicans if I had a spare 5 pts sure I would but I would'nt go out of my way to put one in.

The only must in a DL is the Herald as he is the inchpin and comes in usefull in every game.