PDA

View Full Version : first we list 2500, HELP!

Krootman
01-08-2006, 00:19
what do u think

1 Wood Elf Noble @ 117 Pts
Hand Weapon; Longbow
1 Elven Steed

1 Spellweaver @ 335 Pts
Level 4 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Longbow
1 Wand of Wych Elm
1 Glamorweave

1 Spellsinger @ 200 Pts
Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Longbow
2 Dispel Scroll
1 Divination Orb

8 Dryads @ 96 Pts

8 Dryads @ 96 Pts

8 Dryads @ 96 Pts

5 Glade Riders @ 129 Pts
Musician

5 Glade Riders @ 129 Pts
Musician

5 Glade Riders @ 129 Pts
Musician

10 Glade Guard @ 126 Pts
Musician

10 Wardancers @ 180 Pts

10 Wardancers @ 180 Pts

4 Wild Riders of Kurnous @ 191 Pts
1 Wild Hunter
1 War Banner

6 Wild Riders of Kurnous @ 156 Pts
Musician

1 Treeman @ 285 Pts

1 Great Eagle @ 50 Pts

elvishpie
01-08-2006, 04:46
Swap a group of glade riders for Glade Guard. Nothing is more fun than those 4 str bows. Also i believe wild riders must be in squads of at least five. Lastly outfitting ur noble a little more at the expense of a few wild riders would probally help more than hurt.

Highborn
01-08-2006, 04:51
what do u think

1 Wood Elf Noble @ 117 Pts
Hand Weapon; Longbow
1 Elven Steed
I take it this is your general? You'll want a bit more protection on him, with T3 and a 6+ save he's pretty easy bait. Definitely invest in some good armour.

1 Spellweaver @ 335 Pts
Level 4 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Longbow
1 Wand of Wych Elm
1 Glamorweave
Ouch. One bad miscast roll and you've thrown 335 VPs at the enemy. I'd consider downgrading this one, perhaps to two spellsingers and changing your Noble for a Highborn. Wood elf magic isn't anything to write home about, although Calaingor's Stave is excellent for tactical treesinging.

1 Spellsinger @ 200 Pts
2 Dispel Scroll
1 Divination Orb
Too many magic items on this one, there's a 50pt limit for spellsingers.

8 Dryads @ 96 Pts
Excellent choice.

8 Dryads @ 96 Pts
You'll have fun with these.

8 Dryads @ 96 Pts
And the right number of units, too.

5 Glade Riders @ 129 Pts
Musician
Let the good times ride.

5 Glade Riders @ 129 Pts
Musician
Perhaps consider giving this one a standard and using them over the other unit when you need a flanking/rank removal force.

5 Glade Riders @ 129 Pts
Musician
This one might be overkill.

10 Glade Guard @ 126 Pts
Musician
I've never been a fan of musicians in glade guard units. They're bait, you expect them to die horrible deaths as soon as the lines close and melee begins.

10 Wardancers @ 180 Pts
Good choice, bad number. Try 7-8.

10 Wardancers @ 180 Pts
7-8 again will give you a bit more of an edge.

4 Wild Riders of Kurnous @ 191 Pts
1 Wild Hunter
1 War Banner
Good, but don't Wild Riders need a musician to cause fear on the charge? Perhaps use the points from the dropped wardancers to add a few models in here

6 Wild Riders of Kurnous @ 156 Pts
Musician
Wild Riders are killing machines, but five units of fast cav are a bit much.

1 Treeman @ 285 Pts
A combat beast. Use him to pin enemies with his Stubborn while you throw Wild Riders into their flank

1 Great Eagle @ 50 Pts
I'd drop this in favour of a unit of waywatchers

All in all, not a bad list, just not a great one in my opinion. A unit of Eternal Guard or a second treeman would anchor your battleline well. The spellweaver, I don't agree with. Actually, I don't agree with any of your character choices, it just seems kind of counterproductive when you've got such a great, manuevrable, hard-hitting list. The eagle also ... it's not enough to break ranks, not enough to do damage, and waywatchers will deal with war machines more efficiently - at a higher cost, but I've noted a few things that could be dropped in your list too.

Krootman
02-08-2006, 01:00
Ok I updated this whata think

Wood Elf Highborn @ 249 Pts
Alter Kindred; Hand Weapon; Longbow
1 great weapon
1 light armor
1 Hail of doom arrow
1 Enchanted Shield
1 The Helm of the Hunt

Wood Elf Noble @ 140 Pts
Wardancer Kindred; Hand Weapon
1 blades of leoc

Spellsinger @ 175 Pts
1 Dispel Scroll
1 Divination Orb

Spellsinger @ 175 Pts
2 Dispel Scrolls

8 Dryads @ 96 Pts
8 Dryads @ 96 Pts
8 Dryads @ 96 Pts

5 Glade Riders @ 129 Pts
Musician
5 Glade Riders @ 129 Pts
Musician
5 Glade Riders @ 129 Pts
Musician

10 Glade Guard @ 126 Pts
Musician

6 Wild Riders of Kurnous @ 156Pts
Musician

6 Wild Riders of Kurnous @ 174Pts
Musician
banner

8 wardancers @144

8wardancers @144

1 Great Eagle @ 50 Pts

1 Treeman @ 285 Pts

Total:2491

Highborn
02-08-2006, 11:44
Ah .. the classic WE trap =) The Alter noble, I love. He's hard hitting, fast, and plays precisely the way elves should play.

Unfortunately .. this leaves an elf with no armour except for a 6+ ward save as your general. With 2W and T3. A Wardancer noble is great, but you'd really want to think twice about taking him AND an Alter.

Also, the Divination Orb, I'm not a big fan of. The way I see it, the enemy has to use more than three dice - ie, four or more dice. The amount of times that will happen are few, and even if they do, they're not going to do it again for the rest of the battle. You're paying 25 points for a dispel dice. I'd rather a scroll. Or, throw 25 points at your general and make your characters:

Wood Elf Noble (75)
Elf Steed (12)
Enchanted Shield (10)
Light Armour (2)
Spear (2)
Hail of Doom Arrow (30)
Total: 131
3+ armour save should help him out in the survivability stakes, though he won't be as much of a damage dealer as your Wardancer noble

Wood Elf Highborn (145)
Alter Kindred (35)
Bow of Loren (35)
Arcane Bodkins (25)
Briarsheath (15)
Great Weapon (6)
Shield (3)
Total: 264
This guy's your cannon. Aim him at the most heavily armoured enemies, like small packs of knights. Never put him in combat against anything with static CR unless he's supported by something to cancel out ranks. His Bow of Loren / Arcane Bodkins is his main role, hitting on 2+ most of the time with no armour saves. He should be relatively safe if parked in a wood, with -3 meaning BS3 troops will hit him on 7s. The 5+ save shouldn't matter too much with this in mind, and in combat he's tank enough to remove any models in front of him in the first round of combat. Just make sure you pick your charges, and that there is no second round.

So, that works out at 6 points over your original configuration, but I don't know. It just seems safer to me, knowing the general has more than a 6+ ward save to protect him. The Alter won't be hurt too much by -1 attack, and he'll tear through heavily armoured targets with no worries as well as getting an impressive 5 shots a turn. Three turns of shooting should destroy a small unit of Chosen Knights - you have to be happy with that.

Leaves you with 26 points to play with, too. I'd invest in 2 elven steeds to keep your mages out of trouble, seeing as they're as good as dead otherwise - the only other place to put them is with your glade guard. With the steeds, they can either ride with the Glade Riders or park themselves behind some suitable terrain. That may be biased, but I don't have a good track record with keeping glade guard alive.