PDA

View Full Version : Simple query

Lord_Sanguinius
18-06-2005, 05:08
ok i couldnt find this in the rulebook so maybe a member could help me out.

If you have a unit thats immune to psychology does it still need to test for a break test?

Artemis_Quinn
18-06-2005, 06:05
Yes, because a break test is not psychology.

The only units immune to break tests are undead and unbreakable units. Unbreakable is immune to psychology with that added bonus.

Flame
18-06-2005, 09:05
Deamons are also immune to break tests, as they have their instabilty rule.

Lordmonkey
18-06-2005, 09:44
Units that are immune to psychology are just that - break tests do not come under psychology, although it still involves a ld test. So units that are immune to psychology may still take break tests, unless they are actually "unbreakable" (undead, etc).

Also remember that units immune to psychology do not suffer from the outnumbering + fear = autobreak rule, since they are immune to the fear. However, units that are frenzied and beaten by a fear causing enemy ARE subject to the fear when they lose and therefore WILL autobreak if they are outnumbered and do not cause fear themselves.

mageith
18-06-2005, 11:50
ok i couldnt find this in the rulebook so maybe a member could help me out.

If you have a unit thats immune to psychology does it still need to test for a break test?
Although breaking from being defeated might seem to be psychology,it's not. What is Psychology in game terms is listed on page 80 and is very limited.

In addition, the last sentence of IMMUNE TO PSYCHOLOGY on page 112 reads: "These troops will take Break tests as normal."

Mage Ith

Lord_Sanguinius
18-06-2005, 18:54
ok thanks everyone for the clarification, it seems like psychology cause your seeing if your going to hold your ground or not.