PDA

View Full Version : New FW Terminator Shoulder Pads

Brimstone
18-06-2005, 07:28
Thanks to Taz we have these new pictures of Blood Angel & Salamanders Terminator shoulder pads.

In answer to his question, other pads are underway but I'm not sure if they are doing all the chapters some I believed were being left for GW plastics, however Deathwing are said to be underway so Space Wolves shouldn't be too far off.

http://www.pbase.com/brimstone/image/44951562.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/brimstone/image/44951563.jpg

Spacejens
18-06-2005, 07:52
Yet more wonderful pads. I especially like the Salamanders pad with the salamander skin on it.

Although (as others have said before), I find it odd that the pads are sold together with new Crux Terminaticus pads only.

The Emperor
18-06-2005, 08:02
Any Ultramarines pads out? And if not, anyone know if they'll be made?

Brimstone
18-06-2005, 08:04
Any Ultramarines pads out? And if not, anyone know if they'll be made?

They were the first to be released, you can see them here. (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/ultramtermsp.htm)

The Emperor
18-06-2005, 08:18
Cool. Thanks for edumacating my woefully ignorant hide. :)

Wintermute
18-06-2005, 09:02
however Deathwing are said to be underway so Space Wolves shouldn't be too far off.

I'm certain that Space Wolf pads, and other bits, were mentioned as being worked on in a recent Forgeworld newsletter

Nazguire
18-06-2005, 09:57
I really really like the Salamanders Shoulder pads, especially the Sallie skin...so cool and will really help make those termies look even more individual :D

Cypher
18-06-2005, 10:00
Very nice. I wonder why there wasnt an Ultramarine pad with the high shoulder guard. I also wonder why the high shoulder guard wouldnt be on the Crux pad, since that's the arm that holds the CC weapon.

t-tauri
18-06-2005, 10:07
I'm certain that Space Wolf pads, and other bits, were mentioned as being worked on in a recent Forgeworld newsletter
Space Wolves were definitely mentioned as being in the pipeline.

I hope they're as good as those Salamanders. They're almost enough to make me buy a set. Very cool indeed.

MidnightResistance
18-06-2005, 10:26
If they bring out Deathwing pads I'm starting a new Deathwing army.
I'm amazed they were't the first to be brought out though...being termie themed and all

Emperor's Light
18-06-2005, 10:33
I'm putting together a Blood Angels army but it's the Salamander ones that really impress me. Like spacejens said, the Salamander hide is a very nice touch. Firedrake terminators should look properly hard with these.

Unfortunately, like all FW things these will no doubt cost a fortune.

MidnightResistance
18-06-2005, 10:44
and be covered in a ton of flash...

The boyz
18-06-2005, 10:48
Those Blood Angel ones look well good.

athamas
18-06-2005, 11:56
tose bloodangel ones look fantastic!

damn me and my decision to do 3rd company nid hunters..... oh well.. at my current rate of spending they will be done in about 5 years!

Wintermute
18-06-2005, 11:59
and be covered in a ton of flash...

Unless they come on a resin sprue, just like the resin parts for the new Tau battlesuits which are completely flash free :D

Adama
18-06-2005, 12:11
Unless they come on a resin sprue, just like the resin parts for the new Tau battlesuits which are completely flash free :D

WHAT?!

I've got 4 XV89's, an XV84 and Shas'o R'myr's Battlesuit, and the accessories and weapon systems, shoulder pads and knee joints all had HORRIBLE flash. Granted it's not as bad as some other FW Models I've done, but it was by no means the quality of GW plastic stuff, which hardly ever has flash nowadays.

Great models, but not a blast to clean at all.

That said, these Terminator pads are nice. Shame the Crux Terminatus that comes with them is overshadowed by the regular one IMHO.

static grass
18-06-2005, 12:28
Any mention of the black templars shoulder pads? Or is it possible they will be released with the assault terminators say as an exra sprue in the box?

Cypher
18-06-2005, 12:53
The pads are 8 pounds, which gets you five pairs. Which doesnt make them a whole lot more expensive than the metal pads GW sell. Id say for a FW product they are decent value.

I got the Ultramarine ones and the flash was minimal. A few flakes here and there, but easily sorted with the clippers. Having seen "bad flash" this wasnt something to be concerned about.

As for BTs: there is supposed to be a BT sprue for the tactical squads, so its possible there might be terminator bits in the mix too.

malika
18-06-2005, 14:13
Those pads sure look pretty...however I was hoing fo a FW newsletter :(

Insane Psychopath
18-06-2005, 14:25
They look cool

Is there any news on Black Templaer once.. or legion of the damned???

Would be cool if they did bit for Chaos Termies as well.

Duymon
18-06-2005, 15:34
While the pads do look nice, I do not like the FW pads' over abundance of purity seals and such. The pads should be clean and simple with the purity seals and drapes on a separate sprue. That way, those of us who like nice-clean terminators can benefit from the pads :( It just looks strange for the terminator squad to put a crapload of seals on their chapter pad...being that it's supposed to be displayed clearly and all..

I also feel sorry for anyone that buys these pads and wants to turn the gun-arm without having to bend the seals to fit with gravity :)

Dante
18-06-2005, 16:22
It seems there will be a few more bitz other than shoulder pads released for the Wolf Guards. :)
Hopefully they model up a few "wolfy" chest plates and stuff.

Xavier
18-06-2005, 16:42
That first salamander pad with the salamander skin (mantle) looks very cool, shame you cant get it seperate :(

Brimstone
18-06-2005, 16:47
It seems there will be a few more bitz other than shoulder pads released for the Wolf Guards. :)
Hopefully they model up a few "wolfy" chest plates and stuff.

Forgeworld will not be doing anything else except pads IIRC, the other bits may eventually be done in plastic by GW but that's some time off.

Grumnir
20-06-2005, 07:16
Anyone else think the 2nd from the left Blood Angel pad looks a bit impractical with the really long purity seal?

sulla
20-06-2005, 08:48
Anyone else think the 2nd from the left Blood Angel pad looks a bit impractical with the really long purity seal?

Not really, no.

Try as hard as I can, I just can't see a long piece of paper impedind a terminator from firing his storm bolter.

Maybe it would be more likely to suffer damage in combat but I don't really think anything made of paper and wax would have a huge degree of longevity in the 40K universe anyway :p .

Nazguire
20-06-2005, 11:17
Not really, no.

Try as hard as I can, I just can't see a long piece of paper impedind a terminator from firing his storm bolter.

Maybe it would be more likely to suffer damage in combat but I don't really think anything made of paper and wax would have a huge degree of longevity in the 40K universe anyway :p .

They aren't made of paper and wax. Look in the back of the Daemonhunter Codex, they are coated with a freaking hard...coating....that allows to stay undamaged permenently. Can't allow those blessings to be damaged now can we? :D

Karhedron
20-06-2005, 11:41
Wow the Blood Angels ones look seriously sweet. Typical, I had just managed to convince myself that my existing Terminators for my Blood Angels were fine and did not need replacing. Now thye go and bring these out. Curse GW and their evil schemes to make more money out of us. :p

Alpharius
20-06-2005, 13:38
The Salamander Pads are almost (and only "almost"!) enough to make my start a new Marine army...

Ouch!

aznsk8s87
20-06-2005, 13:55
I don't quite understand the deal with raptors... FW sure is investing a bit of money and time into an unofficial chapter.

charlie_c67
20-06-2005, 14:26
Wrong. They're not unofficial at all and are as old as all the others save the BT's who are about/almost 10 years younger by comparison.

I'm just hoping they produce some bits to show they're involvement in the Jemdal (sp?) incident. Or was Taros before then?

Randallw
20-06-2005, 14:29
Well I don't know if you're aware but they will be covered in IA3: Taros Campaign so all the rules for them will be in that. I don't know if by "unofficial" you mean their rules will not be legal in tournaments or such.

Brimstone
20-06-2005, 19:20
I don't quite understand the deal with raptors... FW sure is investing a bit of money and time into an unofficial chapter.

As already said not unofficial at all, they date back to Rogue Trader and the earliest reference I can find to them is WD101/May 1988 (UK).

Alpharius
20-06-2005, 19:31
And they might be able to sell a lot of Raptors stuff to VERY disappointed Raven Guard fans... (Disappointed after their "official" traits were revealed, that is...)

With the Raptors, you at least get to assign your own traits and make the chapter the Raven Guard "should have been" while maintaining ties to the parent chapter.

Unless there are "official" traits for them in IA3? If there are traits for them in there, I'd bet (I hope!) that they at least get "See But Don't Be Seen"!

Goatboy
20-06-2005, 20:49
Man I hope there going to do some Iron hands pads.

t-tauri
20-06-2005, 21:06
Unless their are "official" traits for them in IA3? If there are traits for them in there, I'd bet (I hope!) that they at least get "See But Don't Be Seen"!
I'd expect them to have traits and quite a bit of background as IA3 is essentially a Forgeworld equivalent of Eye of Terror or Armageddon with Marine, Tau and IG Elysian army lists.

Alpharius
20-06-2005, 21:25
Anyone have a price on IA3?

If there is a good amount of background in there, it might be nice to pick up, if it isn't *too* expensive...

Also, how "official" will it be?

t-tauri
20-06-2005, 23:52
As official as any Forgeworld stuff. As to price I'd expect something with the same kind of production values and pricetag as the first two, so 45-50?

Inquis. Jaeger
21-06-2005, 14:22
As official as any Forgeworld stuff. As to price I'd expect something with the same kind of production values and pricetag as the first two, so 45-50?

It's a shame those big books are THAT expensive. Why can't they be cheaper? I've never seen a large reference 'coffee-table' book that expensive in other publishing areas. And the Liber Chaotica Collected Hardback was 30 for a comparable size.

rkunisch
21-06-2005, 15:36
It's a shame those big books are THAT expensive. Why can't they be cheaper? I've never seen a large reference 'coffee-table' book that expensive in other publishing areas. And the Liber Chaotica Collected Hardback was 30 for a comparable size.
Come on, do you really want a cheapy book for tanks and verhicles as cool (and as expensive of course ;)) as the ones from Forge World? :p

The main reason will be that they have a small print run on those. It also may be possible that the fact that Imperial Armour has more than twice the amount of pages has some effect. :rolleyes:

Have fun,

Rolf.

t-tauri
21-06-2005, 15:45
If you look at the original Liber Chaotica's they were 15 each so 60 for the original material, just made cheaper by reprinting it and adding a small amount of new stuff since there's little origination cost.

x-esiv-4c
21-06-2005, 16:01
Wow, those salamander pads look great! Any idea if they are going to do chaos pads for terminators?

mostholycerebus
21-06-2005, 18:49
If they do Chaos pad and accessory packs, i'll cream my jeans.

x-esiv-4c
21-06-2005, 19:10
Betcher ass. For sure FW would get my business.

Jal'knock
21-06-2005, 22:09
Well its about time that my BA got some new termies and what finer additions to them than these beauties? Gotta get those Rhino doors too.....

cthorpe
22-06-2005, 21:17
Well it looks like I'm going to have to upgrade my Terminators again... I love those BA pads.. perhaps a terminator honour guard for starters..

Thanks Forgeworld for encouraging me to part with even more money..

Xisor
22-06-2005, 22:16
Salamanders Pads are looking damn cool! Now all I need to do is figure out how to remove the pads from my newly painted terminators to ammend them :mad:

Xisor

IG88
23-06-2005, 06:42
Salamanders Pads are looking damn cool! Now all I need to do is figure out how to remove the pads from my newly painted terminators to ammend them :mad:

Xisor

I'm sure that you could perform and untidy "padectomy" on the unadorned shoulderpads since, by their nature, the new shouldpad would cover up any unplesantness underneath. At least, that's what I'm telling myself because there's absolutely no way I'm going to allow my Deathwing to look chumpy with "normie" shouldpads! That is, of course, with the hope that ForgeWorld does a good job on the Deathwing pads, which I'm pretty much banking on.

rkunisch
23-06-2005, 11:08
Forge World just released a newsletter showing also Deathwing shoulder pads:

Have a look here (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/termsp2.htm).

Have fun,

Rolf.

boogle
23-06-2005, 11:12
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/QUATERMASTERS_STORE_NEW_STUFF__11.html here are the Deathwing Pads and also the Tallarn Heavy Weapon Teams

Melchor
23-06-2005, 11:12
Ok... Now I really want to do a DW army!
Damn you Forge World! *shakes fist

Xyon
23-06-2005, 12:43
yeah, those deathwing shoulder pads look nice. I'v been restraining myself from getting anything from FW, but I may have to get these pads for the Terminators I'm restraining myself from getting.

MidnightResistance
23-06-2005, 13:15
I've just seen the Deathwing shoulder pads!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!!!
I've just spent days painting on those blood symbols on my models!
AAAAAAAaaaaaargh!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b135/AdamsMiniatures/Deathwing%20Army/bd451f9c.jpg