Total: 150

Special Total: 150

Rare 1 Chaos Spawn 60

Total: 60

Overall Total: 1999
Total Models: 114

Shaitan
01-08-2006, 15:16
Nice list, but I would drop the unit of Furies down to 5.

With the spare points you can get an other unit of Marauder Horsemen or a second Chaos Spawn.

What are you planning to do with your general? In a chariot? In the Marauders / Warriors?

der_lex
01-08-2006, 15:24
Looks pretty good. I agree on donwsizing the Furies to a unit of six or seven, and maybe using the points to give your general a better magic weapon. The sword of Might is kind of meh. You could always give him a berserker sword and put him in one of the chariots for guaranteed killing power. Otherwise the Blade of Blood or Rending Sword might be a good idea.

Also, if you have the points, flails are a better option for marauder horse than spears.

TheWarSmith
01-08-2006, 16:33
I'm not sure if having 4 units of 5 warhounds is necessary. They make good screening units, but they also can cause panic checks I'd only take 2 if I were you. This frees up 60 points along with some points freed by taking a smaller fury unit.

One issue I have with the list is that it doesn't offer that much overall punch other than the chariots.

vcassano
01-08-2006, 18:26
Nice list, but I would drop the unit of Furies down to 5.

With the spare points you can get an other unit of Marauder Horsemen or a second Chaos Spawn.

What are you planning to do with your general? In a chariot? In the Marauders / Warriors?

Well the general consensus seems to be to lower the furies, so they'll probably go down to 5 or 6. What replaces them I'll have a look at after some more replies.

The general's placing is something I'm going to experiment with - the original plan was to put him in the warriors to make a strong centre point for my army but that allows the enemy to avoid such a powerful character and almost wastes his points. The alternative I suppose would be to split him into two Exalted Champions - one for a chariot and the other to strengthen the combat potential of either the marauders or warriors (Whichever starts out with no chariot in support). That would require converting a new hero model but that could make a nice break from the rigours of rank-and-file.

Looks pretty good. I agree on donwsizing the Furies to a unit of six or seven, and maybe using the points to give your general a better magic weapon. The sword of Might is kind of meh. You could always give him a berserker sword and put him in one of the chariots for guaranteed killing power. Otherwise the Blade of Blood or Rending Sword might be a good idea.

I use the sword of might because it is a cheap way to give him the -3 armour save modifier which is (in my opinion) much better at carving heavily armoured troops without sacrificing his excellent Initiative.

The Great Fang was another I considered as that would make him excellent against heavily armoured troops but it is expensive. However if I do mount him in a chariot the berserker sword + enchanted shield would be good and also could be used if I utilise two Exalteds in favour of the one Lord. Again I'll make a decision after some more comments.

Also, if you have the points, flails are a better option for marauder horse than spears.

For a minute there I was confused - spears for marauders and then I remembered they are mounted. You're right they are probably a better option and with the points freed up from the furies they are a definite change. It's a good thing I don't have the unit yet.

I'm not sure if having 4 units of 5 warhounds is necessary. They make good screening units, but they also can cause panic checks I'd only take 2 if I were you. This frees up 60 points along with some points freed by taking a smaller fury unit.

I enjoy the screening and redirection they provide to be honest. A very underrated an important unit imo. With the Chaos Undivided mark also and the large regiments of unmarked marauders I'm willing to take the risk of panic. Though if points need to be freed up, two of the units would be first up to be removed.

One issue I have with the list is that it doesn't offer that much overall punch other than the chariots.

Well there's the knights, no? What do you suggest for this role?

Shaitan
02-08-2006, 23:26
2 chariots, both combined with an infantry unit and a unit of Chaos Knights with support is not bad I think...

Neknoh
03-08-2006, 07:15
Drop three Furies to get them to a manegable size, drop the Warbanner on the Knights. Give those Marauder Horsemen Flails and get yourself a second spawn, easy as that.