PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point Chaos Bretonnian List

TheWarSmith
01-08-2006, 16:14
http://www.thegreatuncleanone.com/viewArmy2.asp?ArmyID=215824

It's peasantless, I know. Perhaps I'll drop a damsel to include some peasants other than the grail reliquae.

The idea behind the army is that Slaanesh(and maybe Tzeentch) have corrupted the army and tricked them into believing their would be damsel(s) who is in truth an agent of slaanesh(mounted daemonette).

Knights will be converted with daemonette claw tipped lances and champion of slaanesh shields and maybe helms.

Duke will be heavily modified with the mounted slaanesh lord kit. Grail knights will come last with heavy conversions hopefully, such as dramatically mutated horses and bodies.

TheWarSmith
03-08-2006, 02:22
Perhaps people don't like clicking links, so I'll post it here manually. Just thought it'd be an easier format on the eyes.

244 Grand Duke of Slaanesh(Virtue of Knightly Temper, Heartwood Lance, enchanted shield, grail vow)

163 Herald of Slaanesh(BSB, virtue of impetuous knight, valorous standard)

280 2x Damsel of Slaanesh(lvl 2, lore of life, dispel scroll)

216 8x Slaaneshi KotR(Full Command)
216 8x Slaaneshi KotR(Full Command)
201 8x Knights Errant(Full Command, Errantry Banner)

195 3x Pegasus Knights(Full Command)
208 Grail Reliquae(possessed grail knight)+10 battle pilgrims

288 6 Grail knights of Slaanesh(Full Command, banner of defense)

2011 points, so I need to shave off a bit. See "Theming out Bretonnians" for background of this army.

Pravus
04-08-2006, 10:05
You can't use the heartwood lance with the virtue of knightly temper - its one or the other as knightly temper isn't useable with magical weapons and you have to use a magical weapon if you have one.

Other than that it looks like a fairly standard Brettonian list albeit in the service of the Chaos Gods ... not sure I like your theme but that's just my personal opinion. If you're happy with it, go for it.

Alex Under
04-08-2006, 11:43
I too am not very sure about the theme, I think that the idea will truely work if the conversions are awesome and the paint job is original and outstanding. You can find help and ideas posting your conversion and painting ideas/WIP on the painting forum.

The list is quite good IMO.

TheWarSmith
04-08-2006, 12:03
It's gonna be a slow process of building/painting up the army to make it look just right.

For painting, I'm going to use an extreme wet blend technique to accomplish swhirls of contrasting colours.

StormCrow
04-08-2006, 14:45
Well i sure wouldn't want to face that list, so i guess it must be a good one. I've got no beef with the theme except that it would be pretty hard for a demonette to trick grail knights into becoming chaos worshippers, questing knights would be much more believable i think...or an errantry list, those guys would be pretty gullible i reckon. If it was a chaos worshipping bretonnian army i think you'd be better served using some peasant units, plenty of converting opportunities and it would make sense that cultists would flock to a group of possessed knights much like pilgrims would to grail knights.

My only request would be that you don't go over the top with the whole slaanesh = sex thing....it just looks stupid.

TheWarSmith
04-08-2006, 20:49
Other than the daemonettes, there won't be a single exposed breast in the army, unless male zombies count, but that's FAR from sexy. It's not so much a chaos WORSHIPPING army, as it is that they've been tricked by Slaanesh to think they're still loyal to the Lady, when in fact they are really pawns of Slaanesh.

I thought about adding more peasants, but I really dislike the rules in general for them. I'm playin' cause I really wanna play with awesome cav, not dinky infantry that are sub par even to the empire.

I'll look into making it an errantry list.

Oh, and about the virtue, I'll probably replace it with "the joust" or gromril helm.

Upon realizing that the reliquae is 6 20x20s, not 4, i'll drop 2 pilgrims.