PDA

View Full Version : 2250-Skaven

AventineCrusader
01-08-2006, 22:59
Well I haven't played Fantasy in a year or so. This list is basically what I have pieced together from my army which was mostly scrapped. I know its not good right now. What should I get to make it better, using most of what is already here...

Lords
Grey Seer riding Screaming Bell w/ Ring of Darkness, Eye of the Horned Rat, 2*Dispel Scrolls 535

Heroes
Warlock Engineer w/ warp-blades, upgraded warp energy condenser, supercharged warp-power accumulator, Storm Daemon, Dispel Scroll 135

Warlock Engineer w/ warp-blades, upgraded warp energy condenser, supercharged warp-power accumulator, 2*Dispel Scroll 135

Assassin w/ Smoke Bombs, Bands of Power, Warpstone Amulet 175

Core
5*Plague Rats Swarms 325

36*Clanrats w/ C,M,SB 205
Ratling Gun 60

30*Clanrats w/ C,M,SB 175
Warpfire Thrower 75

20*Night Runners w/ Addt'l hand weapon, Nightleader 150

Rare
Warp-lightning Cannon 100

thanks in advance,
Crusader:D

Voltaire
01-08-2006, 23:11
Now, something about this army raised an eyebrow.

Why do you have so many dispel scrolls - you have a lot of wizards, surely that should be enough dispel dice in friendly games?

Personally, I think the 75 points one pays for the Banner that causes fear is worth every point. Drop some rats, and the assassin to get a BSB with this and I assure you that you will break any unit you charge. The assassins effectiveness only lasts a turn or two, but the BSB will have you chasin down units in no time.

The Warpstone Charm is a must for Grey Seers IMO, 25 points for a 4+ ward save is invaluable and the chance of rolling a 1 at the end of the battle are few. Again, swap it for a scroll, it'll be much more valuable. I wouldn't really give it to an assassin.

Splitting your Nightrunners into two units is good because they scream at being easy VP - and large units of skirmishers aren't advised.

Aside from that, I like it!

AventineCrusader
02-08-2006, 00:06
Thank you, I put in the changes you said.
Are you sure I should put in the fear banner over the raining banner, the 'storm banner' I think it is.
My main problem with the list is the lack of numbers for a Skaven list...hmmm

Lords
Grey Seer riding Screaming Bell w/ Ring of Darkness, Eye of the Horned

Rat, Dispel Scrolls, Warpstone Amulet 535

Heroes
Warlock Engineer w/ warp-blades, upgraded warp energy condenser,

supercharged warp-power accumulator, Storm Daemon, Dispel Scroll 135

Warlock Engineer w/ warp-blades, upgraded warp energy condenser,

supercharged warp-power accumulator, 2*Dispel Scroll 135

Battle Standard Bearer w/ Heavy Armour,
Sacred Banner of the Horned Rat 149

Core
5*Plague Rats Swarms 325

36*Clanrats w/ C,M,SB 205

Warpfire Thrower 75

Ratling Gun 60

11*Night Runners w/ Addt'l hand weapon, Nightleader 87

11*Night Runners w/ Addt'l hand weapon, Nightleader 87

Rare
Warp-lightning Cannon 100

-Crusader

Voltaire
02-08-2006, 00:18
You may think that you have a relatively low unit count for a Skaven army but when you actually get it rolling in what is likely to be a tight formation, the enemy will be quite unpleasantly surpised.

Now lets go over this once more;

You have a big central unit which causes fear and has the screaming bell in it. That is VERY good and will break most things on the charge, and it will not get run from fear causing units.
You have two units of Clanrats in large numbers, easy to absorb a charge and likely to be in the Ld range of the Seer. This is also good.
You have 2 warplock engineers meaning you have some wonderful offensive magic for negating the enemies other potential strengths over you.

You have rat swarms for dealing with low toughness flankers.

You have a WLC for killing HEavy Armour and punching into units you don't like.

You have night runners to flank the enemy and make full use of the new 'fleeing into any enemy unit estroys your unit' rule as well as being able to hunt war machines.

You have over 110 models, all with designated roles for the battle. You will outnumber most opponents and do not really need to worry about psychology.

You have a tremendously offensive magic phase.

Overall, now I see very little holes in what you can do here, it is similar to the setup I would use if I played Skaven.

AventineCrusader
02-08-2006, 00:23
Plus 13 magic dice if I get the roll for my Eye of the Horned Rat:p ...

Thanks for the input. I'll probably try out the list this weekend...

Crusader

AventineCrusader
06-08-2006, 20:11
No other comments?

Ganymede
06-08-2006, 20:29
I'd dump one warlock engineer, two scrolls, and a couple of your plague rat swarms. Your magical offense and defense is perfectly fine with 11 dice on offense, 5 dice on defense, and three scrolls.

Spend all those free points on, say, a unit of palgue monks and accompanying censer bearers. Or you could spend it on a couple units of giant rats and a pair of rat ogres.

otherwise your army is just too small. You don't really have models to really defend your relatively vulnerable general.

DeathMasterSnikch
07-08-2006, 01:45
Voltaire has made a mistake...Its the warpstone amulet that you want not the charm (however the charm is good).

Charms 1 re-roll (Good for the nasty new miscast table)
Amulet is the 4+ ward (Roll a dice at the end of the game, 1 = dead seer)

I also recomend droping an engineer. Looks too SAD, with the points spared you could get some Gutter runner scouts or plague monks. (not sure if the WLC is worth it in a 2k game either)

AventineCrusader
09-08-2006, 01:55
Thank you, corrected. What do you mean by too SAD?

Crusader

DeathMasterSnikch
09-08-2006, 02:13
S Army Of Doom (S standing for Skyre, Shooty etc)

Basicly taking lots of warlock engineers, rattling guns, Jezzails and things of the sort, then shooting and using magic to completely undermine warhammer. The army becomes uninteresting to play and is resolved in teh shooting and magic section (usualy in your favour).

A sad army is possibly the thing I hate most about the entire warhammer game...Skaven are a combat army, hence in the good old days shooting consisted of jezzails and a flame template. That ratling gun and warlock engineer nonsense messed everything up.