PDA

View Full Version : HM pikemen in GW stores?

Luke
02-08-2006, 09:15
I was contemplating building a new army. DoW specifically but using bret Men at arms models and using (wait for it!) Foundry wire spears. Now the wire spears are just 4 inch lengths of thick steel wire shrapened into a really sharp point and are not sculpted in any fashion. I could pretty much make them had I the time and patience.

Now would UK GW stores allow me to play on their tables using these wire spears? Bear in mind 99% of the models will be GW and 100% will be fully painted and based.

Commissar Vaughn
02-08-2006, 11:12
should do, after all mine are similar to that! I used the soldiers of the empire models for landsnecht pikemen, with reinforced plastic tubing as the pike shaft, and the spiky bits off a chaos tank as the pike head. theres 30 of em, brightly painted and the scare the b'jesus ou of people, and nobodys told me i cant use them.....though they have generally assumed that they are some kind of empire spearmen, and look surprised when i tell them its a dogs of war army cos i prefer the list!

The boyz
02-08-2006, 11:28
Yeah should be fine I would of thought Luke. The majority of the converted Pikemen models will be made from GW miniatures. So I dont realy see why you would have a problem using them.

snurl
02-08-2006, 11:42
Just dont mention what the pikes are made from and you should be fine.
If questioned, detonate a smoke bomb and make for the exit.

Minister
02-08-2006, 12:07
Ensure that they are painted and don't mention the source, I think would be best.

"Don't ask, don't tell!"

Luke
02-08-2006, 12:45
I think that would be the best way to go. Cheers for your advice guys.

Kotobuki
02-08-2006, 15:41
I don't think it'll be a problem. The sticks are non descript, and cannot be identified as another company's product, and they can't prove they're not home-made.

That said, the BSB in my Bretonnian army is a Reaper Warlord fig, and I use him in my army during every game I play in the GW store. Having even discussed the model with the managers and other employees, so they know I'm using someone else's models. So long as your army as a whole is recognizably GW, you shouldn't have any kind of problems. And if they ask about the pikes, tell them you cut and ground them yourself.

Zodiac
02-08-2006, 16:26
That said, the BSB in my Bretonnian army is a Reaper Warlord fig

You bad boy!

EvC
02-08-2006, 16:32
If they give you a problem, just throw a hissy fit like, "YOU'RE GOING TO CHUCK ME OUT OF THE STORE BECAUSE MY PIKES ARE MADE OUT OF METAL?!!!111". It may not save you, but it'd be amusing to watch...

Kotobuki
02-08-2006, 16:33
You bad boy!Hey now, It's not my fault GW doesn't make a current Knight on Foot for the Bretonnian army. Anyway, the guys at the shop like him just fine. He's a pretty spiffy fig.